Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Tuesday November 03, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Luckily it doesn't effect me. I take the train into the city, and they can't strike the trains. However anyone who takes a bus, trolley, or subway is screwed.

Personally I would have liked the days off haha

Old 11-03-2009, 11:04 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi,

Today is another bright sunny for us. I think it's like 45 degrees out though. Which anything under 70 and my blood thickens.

I think tomorrow there's like a 20% chance of rain. I want to take one of my '57s to the gas station today and put some in. I don't like them setting around with the tank empty all winter. Plus a gas tank with only a small amount in it makes more vapors then one that's full. And the vapors are more ignitable then the gasoline itself it.

I went to the doctor's before lunch. To see what his take on my recent visit to the ER was? I'm still trying to get back up to speed after being so sick on friday. I'm still not eating spicey foods yet. Don't want to give my stomach any reasons to go on super, high velocity empty mode again.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

evening, everyone. the blog seems like its been kinda dead the last couple of days, lol, alot of the usual members seem kinda MIA. jj, todd, chris, jamie lynn, & almost all of the newer members of the MCF who were posting on the blog for a while seem to have ethear totally dissapieared, or have been understandably too busey to post much.... but its really weird to see the blog at only 2 pages at 5:45 here, lol. its like going to wallmart at 2:00 AM & seeing how empty it is, lol.

personally, i have not had tons of time to post much, and if i did, i dont really have a ton to talk about, lol. just the same old stuff. todays excitement involved my dad coming home from work early due to a sore back. not very exciting till you concider that my dad coming home early is quite possibly a sign of the appocylipse, lol. the last time he came home early for anything other than a family emergency, he had sliced his thumb 3/4 of the way off. a sore back... i guess im kinda shocked its hurting him that badly.

not much else going on. i hope everyone had a good day!

Old 11-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

what up people, i'm here, been busy lately also. i've been experimenting with a couple new routes to work the last couple days and so far i'm leaning to the PA turnpike when the weather is bad. but at 95 cents one way, it may be a little expensive over a long period of time? i got a couple different ways to consider when it is not to bad out!!

tip of the day: do not get behind anyone at a toll booth with Illinois plates or any other out of state plate for that matter. smoked a whole smoke while waiting for the lady to go through, she lost her ticket and didn't have any money??

Old 11-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

yeah chris that is one thing you don't see much around here in the midwest toll boths...

Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Im making some door sill covers in shop class with sheets of metal we have, would anyone want some If i made more than a pair for myself?

Old 11-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i want some pics of the finished product, brock, lol. i dont wanna throw a ton of $ into my monte right now, though, trying to save for my buick.

oh, & you guys get a shop class? i friggin hate my homeschool, they never made a shop class when they built it!

chris, i hate people who dont know what they are doing. i seem to get stuck behind em all the time, i almost plowed into a jeep with NY plates on it on haloween, caus they couldint decide if they should go to the cleaners. blinker on, & ready to turn, then they turn it off & go, i go, & they litterly lock up their brakes, stop in the road & slowly go into the lot. i had to swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid them.
how bad is your new commute?

Old 11-03-2009, 06:09 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Yea Im just gauging to see if i want to sell any. Id sell them cheap lol.
And a great deal for a 6th gen owner, If i had the money Id be all over this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Monte...Q5fAccessories

Old 11-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

ryan, the commute isn't to bad yet, still trying to find different ways for getting to work??

Old 11-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
lol, alot of the usual members seem kinda MIA. jj

I'm here.

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Tuesday November 03, 2009