Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

McF Members Blog: Tuesday December 22, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow McF Members Blog: Tuesday December 22, 2009

* Thanks Mod J.J. for creating our Monte Carlo Family Logo 4-Sure
MCF ToDay

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

3 Days until Christmas, Happy Hanukkah

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around Planet Earth

`Off Topic

For Every Member to Post

and make new Monte `Friends

What are you doing Today

* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,

best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures

of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

* Make a post & say`Hi Don't be `Shy
Become part of our Monte Carlo Family.
Please don't hurt with your words/post
`Thank You!

The MCF is a Stress Free Family Zone

December 2009

Monte of the Month
`Winner

MRL390

- `Matt -

Check out all our MCF Winner's
https://montecarloforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=10474
^click^
Thanks `Lou our MCF Administrator `Taz,
for his SuperSuper dedication to our Monte Carlo Family.
4-RealSure it's appreciated by our MemberShip : )

Old 12-22-2009, 04:05 AM

~ EveryBody ~
From the BeachBumFamily
4-Sure
:p

Old 12-22-2009, 04:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Mornin' all.
Just waking up. Still waiting on the coffee pot. I'm old fashioned. I still like the percolator coffee pots to make my coffee in. Maxwell House Columbian blend.

Space, what's happening down on Space Island today? Is everyone there ready for Christmas.
I got a couple of last minute things to go get today, a couple of errands to run, go hang some fire extinguishers at the Church, and do a little housework around here. Got a full day laid out.
Hope everyone is ready for the big weekend. And those of you with 2 weeks off, I hope your vacation is going well, and is relaxing and refreshing for you.
Later all.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:30 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member
Default Don't point that gun at me

mornin all...Todd love the minatures..growing up we had a grouchy ole fart of a science teach who raised horses on his property as well as having a apple and pear orchard , funny story the horses were standards as well as minatures and to attempt to keep us kids away from cutting thru his orchard of course stopping for a snack he would theaten us whith his shrinking ray that he kept in the barn Hey as kids in the sixtes with three tv networks and bad B movies at the drive inn's to us he was serious.....still wonder about the horses.......where do you keep your ray gun? Jarhead
Don''t we all love minatures

Attached Thumbnails McF Members Blog: Tuesday December 22, 2009-006ntm_owen_wilson_004.jpg  
Old 12-22-2009, 08:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning,

Busy week for me...like most short weeks tend to be. I have 5 days of work to get done in 3.5 days. Plus I have to make my rounds to all the good clients, and give them Christmas presents.

My family has been in town since last Wednesday, and will be here till new years, so if i'm not around much until then, that is why. But i'll make sure to stop in whenever I can until things get back to normal. Then i'll be on like usual. LOL

I just made an investment in the Monte yesterday after talking with one of my mechanic friends. I bought another extended warranty for it. My GMPP warranty is going to expire in ~6,500 miles, and so far the car has been rock solid reliable. But after seeing the thousands of dollars its cost my parents to keep the Bonneville running all these years, I am worried something like my transmission will take a crap down the road, and i'll have to cough up big bucks, or for some reason the intake or head gasket issues GM has had in the past will possibly raise their ugly head and get me for more money. IDK, like I said, so far its been super reliable, and it shows ZERO signs of slowing down, it literally runs the same as it did when I bought it new. BUT, things break eventually. So I paid $2,200 for an extended warranty that will take me an additional 5 years, 150,000 miles. So I have a ZERO deductable warranty untill December 2014 or 243,597 miles. The great thing about it is that if I never use the warranty (highly unlikely when we are talking about going to 243,000 mile but...) I will get refunded the entire 2,200 dollars at the end of the 5 years/ 243,000 miles. My mechanic friend who works for Dodge recommended the Fidelity plans, so I researched a few others, and decided to go with the Fidelity plan. I got the best coverage the offer, it is a bumper to bumper warranty, just like factory warranty. Covers Engine, Transmission, electrical, suspension, Etc....so all the minor crap like power windows is also covered. The deal directly with the shop, and have a network with GM dealers across the country (so I can take it to the dealer for all work). The warranty company pays the dealer directly, so I have zero out of pocket expenses. Plus they cover rental to a certain extent (for each 8 hours labor, I get $35 a day). So I feel pretty good about getting it, because i've read a lot of good things about the Fidelity plans, plus my mechanic friend said they are good. I think its pretty much a win win situation since I get refunded the entire amount if I don't use it. Its actually a better warranty then the GMPP one I have now, because I have no deductable anymore. Oh an in case anyone is wondering why I did not wait till 100,000 Miles to get it (so I would not have double coverage for the next 6K) they had a "holiday special" going on. The warranty was originally 2,700, and they knocked it down to $2,200, plus had 0% financing for 18 mounths, plus they guy threw in a $200 gift card good for walmart, and some other stores.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day!

Old 12-22-2009, 08:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Howdy everyone

Sorry about yesterday, Snow day kept me pretty busy. Had to clean off the Monte really well. Shovel. Etc. Plus all my roommates stayed home from work and I had friends over and we just had a great time.

But I'm back at work My only FULL day of work this week haha!!

Old 12-22-2009, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by jarheadbobandmax
mornin all...Todd love the minatures..growing up we had a grouchy ole fart of a science teach who raised horses on his property as well as having a apple and pear orchard , funny story the horses were standards as well as minatures and to attempt to keep us kids away from cutting thru his orchard of course stopping for a snack he would theaten us whith his shrinking ray that he kept in the barn Hey as kids in the sixtes with three tv networks and bad B movies at the drive inn's to us he was serious.....still wonder about the horses.......where do you keep your ray gun? Jarhead
Don''t we all love minatures
lol the ray gun is in the shed.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:44 AM

Morning everyone. I have been out playing in the snow. We got about 2 inches of wet snow that quickly packed into ice. Made for some fun driving in the suburban.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey everybody! I'm feeling pretty good right now because today is the first day of my vacation. I don't work again until Jan 2 and I'm really pleased with this. I'm right into the Christmas spirit and stuff!

That warranty sounds like a really good deal Mike, but are you still allowed to mod your car?

Old 12-22-2009, 01:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
That warranty sounds like a really good deal Mike, but are you still allowed to mod your car?
I asked if my CAI, or Exhaust would affect it in anyway, and they said no, not at all. They told me the only thing that affects it is if you put over size tires, or mess with the suspension (the guy said it mainly applies to SUV's and trucks. And they still cover these things if modded, but you pay an extra $125 for the warranty). So i'm good to go...

Quick Reply: McF Members Blog: Tuesday December 22, 2009