Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Tuesday August 31, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 08:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

How's everyone doing!?!? I'm hanging in there, counting down the day until he three day weekend!

I hope everyone got a good start to the week, and has a good day today!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:44 AM

..Hi Gregory, and thanks for the update...Are you career military, or how long is your enlistment. Do you consider Cuba a good assignment ? Hope it is for you ? Can your family join you there ?

Yes, the Atlantic Ocean doesn't kick as high as the Pacific Ocean, but with the Hurricane approaching it should kick up some good waves around 8 to 12 ft... Check my previous post. I like going up to Cocoa Beach & Ron Jon's Surf Shop(it's open 7/24 & is only a block 2 the Beach: )...
Oh, living beach side is now really expensive, especially to get hurricane insurance on your property....
We hope that you will be able to get online no matter where you go...and if you need someone to take care of your awesome Monte ???? We have several member's that will help you
__________________________________________________ _____________

* Hi Michael, I just caught your post...Wish U a fast work week & a Super 3 day weekend...tick tock : )

Last edited by Space; 08-31-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lou

Those are the same wheels, they are discontinued and the best looking rim out there I feel.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:19 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Space, I have been in the Army for 4 years. I really enjoy it. I would stay indefinitely, but it is awful hard on my wife and kids. I have been to Cuba before as my first duty station. The water is amazing. Crystal clear... Great fishing... The only problem that I have there is I can't take my family. We do have internet access down there. It is just some of the worst in the world. I don't know how easy it is going to be for me to stay on here while I'm gone. Thanks for the offer of "taking care of the Monte", I think I will just let the wife use it while I am gone. Plus... When I go on vacation, it will be there for me to enjoy.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:50 AM

Thanks `Greg 4 the update & it's great that you have already been there...Yes the waters are beautiful in the area...Do you snokel or Scuba Dive ? Good Luck 4-Sure...

Mod `Mike, like your new rim's...What's next ?

Old 08-31-2010, 11:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Morning.

Just checking in.

Great deal on the wheels Mike.

Greg, take care over at Cuba. Give Castro a wedgie for me. LOL

OK, back to packing.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:21 AM

Hi J.J., thanks for checking in, and how much longer is the move ? Do you like your new place ? Hopefully you will have everything set up by the weekend & can relax/enjoy...
Good Luck from `Space

Old 08-31-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

* Thanks Teacher `Todd for starting our day...Hope your StepDad is enduring his treatments & that your grandfather is without Pains...Stay Strong...
Space thanks for your words. My step dad is home and seems to be doing ok. I am hopeful for him that he can make this change to better his life. Unfortunately my grandfather is not pain free and is suffering. He fell again yesterday. 3rd time in the last 2 weeks. He has lost almost all of his muscle strength so it looks like he is going to need help with everything. The hardest part is when it is just him and I and he starts crying. I wish there was something I could do to ease his suffering. It just breaks my heart.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:38 AM

^ I have been there. Ill have him in my prayers along with your father.

Space: I hope you enjoy the surf competition, are you competing or spectating?

Millermonte: I also know how it feels to he far from your family. My brother is a marine and he has been to Iraq twice, each time my family has only heard from him once a week... greuling stress in our mom. Now he lives in Louisville with his wife and kids.

I'm working, actually on lunch right now. I get to call an old friend show back in town for a couple of weeks from California... he's stationed there in the navy. After that, I have another phonecall to make to a local who wants to join my car club... I should have mentioned before that I'm the president of a mixed manufacturer based club.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:42 AM

Sorry... double post

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Tuesday August 31, 2010