Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Member's Blog: Thursday, May 21, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF Member's Blog: Thursday, May 21, 2009

Above by Johnny -Member- `GothKid
MCF ToDay
Thursday, May 21, 2009

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around our World

`Off Topic
For Every Member 2 Post EveryDay
Member's Blog

What are you doing Today
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, etc.

Please don't hurt with your words/post `ok

- MCF Staff -

Old 05-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Cool Wish EveryOne a `Happy

Notice to Member's

Member KidSpace will not be online until he
relocates a online connection.
New owner's of company do not permit personal
computer's on site.

I will return when I establish a new connection.
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 05-21-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

That sux Space. I hope you find one soon. But i can relate.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning!

Everytime you go away, Space, you're missed a lot. The place just isn't the same without you. Hoping things work out well at work with the new owners.

I can't go online at work unless I use a mobile device like a BlackBerry. The company computers don't allow internet access (blocked), and we can't bring in our own. Oh well. Not going to worry about it.

I just got home from work. Things are slow during midweek. Like tuesdays, wednesdays, and thursdays. Especially on night shift. I need to get off this shift as soon as I can. Been on it for too many years. Getting tougher to handle more and more.

How are things in your world today?

Old 05-21-2009, 08:08 AM

5 Year Member

Whats up Taz.

I just got to work and will be getting ready to leave in about an hour and a half. My son's graduation is today and i am not about to miss it.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Space, you better hurry up and get internet so you can get back to the forum! I enjoy your post! Good Luck at work!

I just don't know how you all deal with night shifts! I guess you get used to it, but I would have a hard time with that!

Well, today is a good day here, even though i'm at work, and had to be here at 5:30am! But, the good thing about getting here that early means I get to leave at 2:30! Whoo Hoo!

I just finished up my last final exam for the semester last night, and I think all my finals went really well! So I am really excited that schools out for the summer! I really needed to lighten the load for a while, the fulltime work and 18 units was wearing really thin on me for sure!

After work, I'm heading down to Monteray (about an hour south of San Jose, CA) to go to the beach and enjoy the CA coast for a while!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:15 AM

5 Year Member

MaMonte, Ive driven past Monteray. I've even been to the Winchester House. I used to hang out with friends in Hollister and Watsonville.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 AM

10 Year Member

Oh really? Where do you live?

To give you an idea of exactly where I live (since you know where Hollister is) I live about 10 Min north of Morgan Hill, in South San Jose.

I think Monteray is so nice! I hope its not to cold today!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:21 AM

5 Year Member

I'm now in Olahoma. But i used to live in LA. Made the trip up north almost every weekend for about a year. I did that when i was aobut 24-25.Then i did the Vegas trip almost every weekend. Again,for about a year. I was about 27-28. I racked up almost 200k miles on a nissan truck.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:36 AM

10 Year Member

Sounds like me...

Between commuting about 100 miles a day, and my trips to Vegas like 4-6 times a year, my cars rake up miles really quickly...I bought my Monte with 91 miles on it on 6/15/07, and now it just turned 71,000 today on the way to work.

My 03 Cavalier that I had before the Monte I bought with 37K, and when I crashed it, it had 121K after owning it only 1.5 years! That said, that was a great car, it was the LS Sport with a 5 speed and the 2.2L Ecotec. VERY reliable, great gas milage and pretty quick. No doubt in my mind that if it was not put to rest because of an accident it would have went to 250K easy. It never burned a drop of oil.

Now, i'm hoping the Monte is just as reliable once it gets higher milage. My warrenty is out at 100K. So far I havent had any major issues, but a few smaller one that not even the Cavalier had...Water pump, power steering pump, t-stat, CD player...Thank God for warrenty. And the stock rotors on the Monte (at least the 06) SUCK! I had them replaced at 3K, 19K (both under warrenty with some kicking and screaming ) and now they are warped again at 71K. Yes, i drive the car hard at times, but it should be designed to take it, after all it is a sport coupe. Not to mention 90% of my driving takes place on the highway! Needless to say, I can't wait till the pads are worn out (should be soon since they have 52K on them) and then i'm replacing them with drilled/ slotted rotors....

Quick Reply: MCF Member's Blog: Thursday, May 21, 2009