Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Thursday February 04, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF Members Blog: Thursday February 04, 2010

* Thanks Mod J.J. for creating our MCF Logo 4-Sure
MCF ToDay

Thursday, February 04, 2010
Chris are thoughts and Prayers are with you and your Mom!!

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around Planet Earth
`Off Topic

For Every Member to Post
and make new Monte `Friends

What are you doing Today ?
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures
of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

The MCF is a Stress Free Family Zone
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Please click below link

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13110

February 2010
`Winner
Member: monte carlo 3831
- `Chris -

^click^

Old 02-04-2010, 03:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Morning all. Hope everyone is having a GREAT week. I finally got the desktop to run again. Had to format the hard drive and start fresh again from the trojan virus we picked up. Got a few things to do tonight, and them it's birthday party for LadyT tomorrow, and off to Chicago til Monday night. Shedds aquarium and House of Blues Saturday, the Art Institute and Second City comedy club Sunday (Ya, no Superbowl until later), and Monday??? and home. So hopefully I'll get back on this weekend sometime, but if not have a GREAT weekend!

Old 02-04-2010, 04:39 AM
CMC
10 Year Member

I'm going to get around to finishing a short article I'm writing about an anime later today. It's a little hobby of mine I started back in November. It's a biweekly thing and I put them on the internet. Also, hopefully I'll get some of yesterday's comics read.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

good to hear your up & running again wayne. and happy B-day to lady T

CMC, hows the conquest doin? sleeping for the winter? let me know if ya ever need any info on those cars, my dad know's em inside & out

Old 02-04-2010, 05:59 AM

- Mod `Wayne, good 2 C U & wish Lady T a happy Birthday..
We wish U a SuperFun time this weekend....EnJoy...

- CMC, hope you post some of your `Comic's on our Blog : )

- Ryan, how's thing's in BuzzKill ? Wish U a SuperDay....
R U gett'in a Camaro ? I like your skylark project....Peace/Out

Attached Thumbnails MCF Members Blog: Thursday February 04, 2010-%60ryan.jpg  
Old 02-04-2010, 06:12 AM
CMC
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
CMC, hows the conquest doin? sleeping for the winter? let me know if ya ever need any info on those cars, my dad know's em inside & out
Conquest is probably doing fine. Haven't started it in a few though (hopefully the battery isn't dead), so I may need to go out and drive it today just for the hell of it. Though if I do it'll probably need a quart of oil. The valve seals have been shot since I bought it. I keep meaning to call up "Dad" at Engine Machine Service to get some new seals and a few other little things here and there.

I've got a spare 2.6L G54B block sitting down at the local machine shop that's been checked out ready to go. Still have to figure out what kind of build I want to go with. I have set my goal though, 300WHP with a the G54B. But I've also seen the results of turbo LS1 swaps and it is tempting.

I should be good to go on info too. One of the first things I did was track down some original service manuals. After that I searched for every source of StarQuest info I could on the internet and bookmarked them. Though it seems there's always been controversy of some sort on the message forums dedicated to the cars. From group buys that fell through to lies of the twincam head for the 2.6L G54B to the simple and typical guys butting head over who is right. Still, they have some accurate and useful info on those forums.

And I guess if anyone is interested, they can check out the comics I buy by checking out The Journal of a Geeky Car Guy.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:30 AM

And I guess if anyone is interested, they can check out the comics I buy by checking out

About Me

CMC Just a fellow that watches anime, reads comics, plays video games and collects stuff that happens to be a car guy. View my complete profile

Many people..., have many faces & you never know when, or
why they change....
Thanks for sharing...Evil `lurks......

Last edited by Space; 02-04-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:50 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here's wishing Lady T a happy MCF Birthday!

Well today I have Microeconomics from 9:30-10:50, Intro to Education from 11:00-12:20, and Environmental Science from 12:30-1:50. Pretty busy schedule! 19 credit hours will set you up like that, but it's what I decided to do on my own accord.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:53 AM

...Hi `Duane, that's a heavy schedule 4-Sure...Wish you a great year @ college...Make sure you find time to EnJoy the Experience.
Good Luck from the `BeachBumFamily.....

Old 02-04-2010, 08:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, supposedly the owner is driving up here from San Diego today, but i'm not sure yet whether he is going to make it to my office today or tomorrow, because he is going up to Sacramento first, then coming back down to San Jose. So we will see. I was super busy yesterday, and then got that throw on my lap too, so I was here pretty late last night just cleaning up the office so it is "show" ready for his visit!

The Monte decided to throw in its own little curve ball to my day. Yesterday on my way home from work, a bulb burned out in the on the speedometer. So now between 40 and 60 MPH on the speedo, the numbers are a darker green than the rest of the numbers. Bugs the crap out of me. So i'm going to squeeze in dropping the Monte off at the dealer this morning, so that can be fixed. I can't live with that kind of thing, not even for a whole day. LOL. Plus i'm hoping my GMPP warranty (which is about to expire) covers it.

Wayne, tell Lady T happy birthday!

I hope everyone has a great Thursday! Woooohoooo, the weekend is almost here!

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Thursday February 04, 2010