Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog TGIF: Friday October 23, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 08:35 AM

Morning all.

Wayne, that sucks man! Sorry and I hope you and JJ and everyone else out there will find something you will enjoy waking up for in the very near future!

Old 10-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
just lost my job.
that sucks wayne i do have to say atleast you kind of knew it was comming so it wasn't a whole shock... i wish for the best for you wayne

Old 10-23-2009, 09:25 AM

Wayne dude that sucks bro. Hope you find a new direction on things... sounds like you were burnt out from what you did anyway. Maybe you'll find something closer to save you mileage and gas money.

Mike... still waiting on my crackberry. I had them send it priority, but you know the good old USPS, they'll deliver it when they damn well want to. HOPEFULLY before the screen in my razr decides to quit working permanently. I tell you those were quite possibly the junkiest cellphones ever made. I wasn't about to pay 90 dollars for another one when I got my crackberry for about 20 bucks cheaper plus priority shipping. Still not a bad deal. I'm not getting a data plan for it sorry. Don't need to use the internet on my cellphone or the email function either. I have text messaging, that's all I need.

Thinking about looking into finally getting some more work done on the monte maybe replace those bushings, see if that helps with the alignment any but IT'S RAINING here.... again.... looks cold nasty and miserable too. Looks like I'm going to work in a sweater today.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I always said I didn't need Data either, but once you finally have it. You can never go back haha.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:02 AM
15 Year Member

with out Data i wouldn't be here well i would be but on a lot less baises

Old 10-23-2009, 11:12 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wayne, sorry for the job loss. Make sure to keep us updated on any news.

Well guys & gals today is my last day of vacation.

everyone sign along now...
Today is friday.
Today is friday.
It's my last day.
Of Va-Ca-Tion
I'm really bummed.
Today is friday.
Today is friday.

Okay, I'll try to act normal now.

Hey Robyn. Thanks for the rain. (boo, hiss, boo)
There goes my evening plans. I was hoping to hit the very last cruise at the K-mart in Beavercreek this evening. Unless it dries off soon, there won't be one.

AND it's 6 long months till car show season.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Default Faith in Self is so Important 2 Succeed : ) 4-Sure : )

Dear Mod's `Wayne, J.J., & Member's,
We are sorry that life has so many trials/problems to overcome. Life is like a roller Coaster 4-Sure.
Lots of Up's & Down's.
We wish you Up's
I hope the below helps in some way to get you
back on2 the good roads of `life.
Stay Strong & Positive & Don't let the Bad in your
life Win....Be your own driver, and drive your life
to where U wanta `be ~>4-Sure

How to Overcome Life's Trials and Tribulations

1. Step 1

1. Face your problems head on. Do not try to run or hide from it. The sooner you face your problems the sooner you will be able to find solutions to your problem. Hiding from or running away from problems could make matter worse and before you know it your problem grows bigger and more difficult to solve.
  2. Step 2

Be confident in your own abilities. Think of ways to solve your problems. Being negative about the whole thing would only weaken your soul. You will feel emotionally drained and physically weak just by thinking about your problems alone. Build your self-confidence so that whatever curve ball life throws at you, you are prepared.
  3. Step 3

Take care of your overall health. Physical, mental and spiritual health is all important. Sometimes the spirit is willing but the body could be weak. Ensure that you take good care of yourself so that whatever problems you may face you will not get sick and too tired.
  4. Step 4

Step back and slow down to assess your situation. You are just taking a breather to be able to think straight. If your mind is clear, then you can think of solutions easier and faster. Take a nature walk or get a full body massage. Do yoga and Pilates to relax your muscles. A full round of golf may be able to ease up your mind and help you relax. Just do not forget to get back to face your problems right after.
  5. Step 5

If you need to pour out your emotions, go ahead and do it. Your Monte Carlo Family will listen 4-Sure. Cry it out without shame. If you keep it sealed inside of you, it would feel like you are ready to erupt. Crying can help you release your sadness, tension, fears and emotions. Crying is a normal part of life and a normal reaction to hardships and sorrows. Remember one long good cry but do not wallow. Kid Space crys when he's sad, but also when he's `happy. He loves happy tears

6. Step 6

A little laughter can bring a ray of hope into your life. Some people who are resilient are so used to just shrugging off and laughing off their worries away. When they fall down they immediately pick themselves up and continue on with life's race. You may think that after crying then you laugh that people would think you are going crazy like `Space; on the contrary, it balances your emotions and gives you a boost of confidence to laugh after a good cry.
  7. Step 7

Seek help of a professional if you need help to resolve your problem. Don't be ashame to ask 4 help.
  8. Step 8

Use your network of Monte friends, family and loved ones to support you. Having them around to be your sounding board and to give helpful suggestions are perks of having a lot of friends and loved ones you can trust. If you are married, tackle your problems as a couple. Know that you cannot do it all alone all the time and accept help as they come with an open mind and heart.
  9. Step 9

If you are a Christian, have faith in God that He will guide you through your problems. You will feel much enlightenment and relief knowing that you are not alone 4-DoubleSure. Furthermore, count your blessings and be grateful for what you have.
Keep the Faith

Be Happy 2 `be & be able to start again.
It's a new second/minute/hour
Get started
Dream `it/Plan `it/Act `it.
The best 2 U the reader of my words.
Peace/Out

Old 10-23-2009, 11:48 AM
15 Year Member

Robyn, RJ just be glad it isn't that nasty s word like it's doing here....

Old 10-23-2009, 12:50 PM
15 Year Member

Think i might make a bunch of these this year and try to sell them... except on a smaller scale... this was one of those like bowling ball sized ones....

Old 10-23-2009, 12:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone...

Sorry to hear about the job loss Wayne! That really sucks.

Yesterday was a crazy day at work. By the time I got home, I was 15 hours into my day, just with work. The meetings in Sacramento went well. I put over 300 miles on my car yesterday. Then back at my office of course crap hits the fan when i'm gone. There was a workers comp case filed, so I had to deal with that after I got back to the office.

I crashed last night, and slept super hard. Now this morning is just busy. But TGIF!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Friday, and for everyone looking for a job, I really hope that things turn around for your guys!

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog TGIF: Friday October 23, 2009