Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Saturday February 06, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:29 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The whole bit about how a comparable car was about $4-5k more than the Monte Carlo has to do with why I didn't get one, 'Space For those of us who love them, it just means we can get great cars for a cheaper price because not many people want to buy a large 2 door coupe it seems.... seems more people want a small 2 door car or for a car this size, they want the practicality of 4 doors. I didn't say I didn't love my Monte, just said it was depreciating kind of fast

Old 02-06-2010, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

mine dropped like a rock. Good thing I sold it to my parents for a good price as trade in on my monte was 3500. ouch

Old 02-06-2010, 10:21 AM

Good morning to all.
Its been snowing like crazy here since about 11 am YESTERDAY!!
Its still going on, news said it would come to a stop around 10 pm tonight.
This is the most snow i've seen since the blizzard of 96, when i was about 10 years old.
Atleast we have no lost the power around here which is good.
I don't know what i'd do without power, i would lose my mind lol.
Hope everyone has a great weeekend be safe out there on the roads!

- Jose.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:24 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

We'll miss you if you lose power Jose... hope it stays on though! Good luck and have fun playing in all that snow!

My roommate in college lives on the eastern shore of Maryland and they care calling for about 30" of snow there. He hasn't been home since January 11th and he was planning on going home for a visit this weekend... heck, as much snow as they are calling for, he might not make it home next weekend either!

Old 02-06-2010, 10:37 AM

Thanks Duane, we haven't gotten out at all.
So before we get to shoveling, i'll get the camera out!
I took my son out yesterday after work when there was about 4 inches of snow..and videotaped him for about 15 minutes, then i had to battle him indoors because he wanted to stay out in the snow, but i cannot risk him getting sick. He had fun though for sure.
Sorry to hear about your roommate not being able to make it home.
But its better late than never. Everything here has shut down, the last blizzard last month i took my Monte out and it did great! but i won't this time, i know my limits.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:40 AM

well what do you know? It just started snowing here. We wont get more than inch.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i remember the blizzerd of '96, i was 4! i remember we had to go out through our garage door because our back door was frozen shut and our front storm door had snow up against it & would not open. and i made an igloo i could stand in in the pile of snow we shoveled out of the driveway!

Old 02-06-2010, 01:51 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

whats everyone up 2??, need a huge favor would someone with a Wizaired intake get the exact measurements of the air box, im gonna start building mine & i wanna build the box like the Wizaired, so if someone could do that id appreciate it thanks

Old 02-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

happy afternoon everyone! snow, yeah we got a ton of it here! I think I might try selling it, I could have a new car with the amount we have here! Ryan, sorry the snow didn't make it your way yet, it may have missed you this time buddy! we lost power for a little while, don't know how long, but we did. saturday is my sleep all day kinda day, I love sleeping, who doesn't?

Old 02-06-2010, 02:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good afternoon everyone,

I just thought i'd stop in and say hi...

Meeting with the owner went really well yesterday at work, plus we had a good week in sales, so that was great!

My GF's surprise bday party went really well. Pretty funny how it all turned out, of all nights, instead of going straight back to her house after dinner to watch tv, she decided to stop at two different places on the way home to get stuff. The whole time everyone is waiting around her house for us to show up. LOL My sister was there, so she drove home, not the smoothest ride in the world, but we made it. haha. I had a bit to drink, so i was feeling pretty good.

Slept till 10 this morning, and now i'm still bumming around the house. Feels good to not have any major plans for the day!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Saturday February 06, 2010