Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Member's BLOG/Posts: TUESDAY 05/26/09

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by sprfrk2005
Yes JJ fortunantly i already know wuts wrong with my car and should be fix as soon as i got outta work times going by so slow its like torture haha

`Ozzy, is it because you work next to the pool & U can see all
the beautiful ladies & can't go out & play ?
Yes, that would be torture 4-Sure.
Sounds like a fun place 2 work, sure is better then a hot
warehouse....Hope U get your Monte fixed soon.
Good Luck from `Space

Last edited by Space; 05-26-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:30 PM

haha unforutnanatly today is not a good day for chick watching cloudy and rainy today but o0o well

Old 05-26-2009, 05:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Afternoon, or Evening everyone! (depending on where you live)

Hope your all having a great day today...

I am just having a normal Tuesday, minus school of coarse, so thats nice...

Just got done having a 2 hour confrence call at work with all the other managers and the owner...My ear hurts! LOL!

The weather here in San Jose, CA is awesome today..about 70 on the dot! 3 more hours till I get to go home...woo hoo!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:42 PM
rj
15 Year Member

RockinSS (Wayne) didn't do anything to the Pace car. He just pointed out the nice dent in the pass quarter panel someone did to the car. That's why I was thanking him. For pointing that out at the car show on saruday. lol

Not that I'm happy someone did this to an otherwise perfect '03 Pace car cause I'm not.

I just hope the body shop can get this ironed out without too much work and even less of a $$$$ charge to me.

I called Phoenix Graphixs a few minutes ago and talked with Chad. He said we made the mistake of washing the car too soon at a powered car wash after installation of the decals. It's been one month exactly on sunday and that's when we washed the Pace car. I didn't want it setting in the garage dirty. Guess I should have hand washed it yesterday myself while the steaks were grilling? Chad said if the decals had been on the car a while longer going to a powered car wash wouldn't have been a problem. Or shouldn't have been.

Who knew????????????

Old 05-26-2009, 06:24 PM

Hi R.J., I don't know why bad things happen 2 good people, but
they do
I was taught to learn from the bad in `life, and then move on.
It works 4 me. Sure hope that you can get the few issues/problems
resolved.

"We live, & hopefully we `Learn", but most important is
`We Live
R.J.'s -Reader's......EnJoy your `Now, it's the `Present
of your `Life.
*(Only 37 more minute's 2 `go @ work: )

Old 05-26-2009, 06:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Space, Glad to hear your off work soon, you work way to much...But like you always say, at least you got a job! I got 1 hour 33 min till i'm out!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Don't mind me. I'm just here eating peanuts and drinking diet Coke.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:38 PM

Mmmm peanuts. I'm hungry.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by rj
I plan on getting 4 of the '57s out sometime this week for a mini car show in my back yard. (that's the plan that is)

i second jj's response: PICS PICS PICS!!!

you certainly are a lucky person when you can say something like that!! i hope i can have a garage like that some day!!

Originally Posted by MAMONTE

Just got done having a 2 hour confrence call at work with all the other managers and the owner...My ear hurts! LOL!
i do NOT miss conference calls! i used to have those all the time at my old job.

Originally Posted by rj
RockinSS (Wayne) didn't do anything to the Pace car. He just pointed out the nice dent in the pass quarter panel someone did to the car. That's why I was thanking him. For pointing that out at the car show on saruday. lol

Not that I'm happy someone did this to an otherwise perfect '03 Pace car cause I'm not.

I just hope the body shop can get this ironed out without too much work and even less of a $$$$ charge to me.

I called Phoenix Graphixs a few minutes ago and talked with Chad. He said we made the mistake of washing the car too soon at a powered car wash after installation of the decals. It's been one month exactly on sunday and that's when we washed the Pace car. I didn't want it setting in the garage dirty. Guess I should have hand washed it yesterday myself while the steaks were grilling? Chad said if the decals had been on the car a while longer going to a powered car wash wouldn't have been a problem. Or shouldn't have been.

Who knew????????????
that sucks about the dent, and the decal too. keep us posted.

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
Don't mind me. I'm just here eating peanuts and drinking diet Coke.
LMAO. random!!!

i got my new tires today, the service at the shop was great, i went in when they were almost closing and they fit me in. the manager was the one who mounted them and he was really nice and made sure to point out the marks on my rims before he did anything, which i'm kinda glad he did because the front left one has a mark on it which i knew but the front right one also has a little scratch which i didn't know. really very nice and gave me 2 of the nascar posters. i forgot to mention that there's a $20 rebate so after that the total will be about $550. he was gushing over my car, it was kinda funny. he said they don't get many nice ones like that, haha. gotta love the monte love!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
Your a bad man Space. But for that to happen, he has to have Taco Bell AND have a glass of milk. Skid marks for days.

An '84 what? Honda Civic?
Geez. Thanks for the heads up JJ. Gotta remember to never have Taco Bell and milk. What about chocolate milk? Or does that come after the meal. (sorry. I think Space is going to put me into a time out for that one.)

LOL at shooting an 84 Honda Civic.

Originally Posted by SoCalSS
so at one point there were close to 15 kids outside

fed most of the children.
I've heard of the show "Jon & Kate plus 8", but never "SoCalSS Matt plus 15". And what's with feeding MOST of the children? What about the rest?

Originally Posted by rj
The Pace car received some damage at some point in the past couple weeks so I thought I'd take to my favorite body shop to see about having the dent (thanks WAYNE!!!!) removed.

Plus some how the rear spoiler decal was damaged? I'm going to contact Phoenix Graphics to see if anyone else has had a problem with this decal?
Ouch. Sorry to hear about the ding and decal. You left it for a month. How long did they expect you to wait? When the factory puts decals on a car or truck, they don't tell you to wait before putting your car through a car wash. Hopefully the Pace Car is back to 100% soon.

As for my Monte, it's doing good. In addition to a new infusion of Castrol Full Synthetic, it got a brake flush too.

I also found out that the 2000 to 2005 Montes do infact have a passenger compartment air filter. They printed out the replacement proceedure according to the GM service manual. I'll make a How-To thread about it if one doesn't already exist.

Quick Reply: MCF Member's BLOG/Posts: TUESDAY 05/26/09