Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   MCF Member's BLOG/Posts: TUESDAY 05/26/09 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/mcf-members-blog-posts-tuesday-05-26-09-a-13895/)

Space 05-26-2009 05:13 AM

MCF Member's BLOG/Posts: TUESDAY 05/26/09

design concept by Member's GothKid & Moderator J.J

Monte Carlo Friends
http://bestanimations.com/Earth&Spac...th-01-june.gif
From all around our World
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ley-typing.gif
What are you doing Today
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures
of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

Make a post & become part of our
Monte Carlo Family.

Please don't hurt with your words/post `Thank You!
We are a Stress `Free Zone
the
- MCF Staff & Member's -
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/im...ine=1237376514

Space 05-26-2009 05:33 AM

Wish U a Safe/Happy Day...EnJoy : )

Good Morning/Good Day
to you, (yes U read'in this : ). Wish you a Happy/Safe Day.
The power went `out last eve during a storm, &
just returned about an hour ago. https://montecarloforum.com/forum/im...cons/icon3.gif
We seem to not miss something like electric power until it is gone.
It happens a lot in the area I reside...
Work Van wouldn't start (needs new battery), so I rode
my skateboard 2 `work & dodged the puddles of water.
No coffee 2 kick/start my day, but now I'm drink'in my
first cup of coffee of the day...I am thankful 2 `be...4-Sure.

Now 2 change a few light bulbs that blew when the power returned.
http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/electric-shock.gif
WoW.., Now I'm reCharged 4 another day.
EnJoy your day...Be Happy 2 `be....
http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/rocket-tortoise.gif

skylark65 05-26-2009 05:59 AM

mornin, space. i gots 4 minutes till i leave to school! (its 6:58 here) just 2 more weeks, lol.
that sucks about the power & van, at least its back now & you can get on the mcf

heres wishing a great day to all members!

Space 05-26-2009 06:04 AM

:rolleyes:..Ryan, only a few more days of zchool 4 U :eek: :D
EnJoy your time with `friends....Wish U a fun Summer Break : )
__________________________________________________ _

Member's, Don't 4-get to Welcome our New/Improved Moderator J.J.
We are happy to have him as part of our MCF Family...4-Sure.
__________________________________________________ _____

Oh, `if you have to leave, don't 4-get to come back to our Monte Carlo Family
and see what's happening in the life of other member's : ) oh WoW...
What's happening in your life 2day ? ? ?

Taz 05-26-2009 07:32 AM

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e..._3828sm_ed.jpg

Good Morning!

I have to bring the Monte in for Semi-Annual service this morning at 9:00. So I need to get my butt into over-drive.

Hope everyone is having a great morning so far.

ChibiBlackSheep 05-26-2009 08:22 AM

Good morning all!

Back to work after a very nice and relaxing 3-day weekend.

I got to go up to NYC with my g/f friday-sunday. We saw 3 broadway shows (shrek, in the heights, and blithe spirit) all 3 were very very good. But the highlight of that trip just had to be this little italian restaurant that we ate at. DELICIOUS!!!

Spent yesterday in the sun, washing the Monte, and laying out by our pool for a good 4 hours. Then we went and saw Night at the Museum : Smithsonian. It was good, if you liked the first.

But now it's back to the grind :(

Space 05-26-2009 08:32 AM

:rolleyes:..Hi `Mike, & Welcome back to your MCF Family :), you & your major post contributions were missed over this long weekend.
:eek: WoW, my g/f reads every post, and I'm sure she will be jealous when she reads your experience with your g/f over the weekend.
We envy you, but happy that you can enjoy the many activities that life has to offer. My g/f really wants to go to New York City to see some Broadway shows....I rather go to the Beach or a Race Track : ) lol

We are looking forward to our future & being able to travel & see our world. Oh, did U get burned being out in the sun that long ?
Did U drive your Monte to the Big City ? That would be another type of race from what's I've viewed on the Web...Wish U a good day/week...Thanks 4 sharing....We live through the post of others : )

AwesomeSS 05-26-2009 09:31 AM

Hi all! Not too much going on today. Going to do some house work and then I'm going to spend the afternoon with my Dad.

The Popcorn King 05-26-2009 09:38 AM

Morning everyone. Well its Tues and its back to the same ol' same ol'. Went to see about getting the dents taken care from my car.They siad they can take me in tomorrow. So today i have to call the insurance co and see aobut getting that takencare of.

Other then taht. Itsgoing to be a slow day.

Mike. We might be going this week end to see Terminater 4, then nextTues to seen Night at the Museum 2.

Everyone have a great day and dont fall asleep.:D:D

Space 05-26-2009 10:04 AM

:rolleyes: Morn'in J.J., Same old, same old is better then No Old, No Job 4 Sure. You sure have a active `life. Hope your Insurance Co takes care of you & approves your work. R U going 2 take b-4 & after pic's ? Will your insurance company provide a ride when it's in the shop ? Sure hope everything goes well 4 U & Monte.

p.s. Love the work U did on the MCF HomePage Logo Monte's.
You & Johnny (GothKid) sure have creative talent. I luv `it, & use
it on our ToDay's MCF.....Wish U a Good Day...

p.s.s. ~> I want 2 have a day like `Amy : ) Good Luck on Job Search `Amy...but enjoy your
break in life.....

ChibiBlackSheep 05-26-2009 10:17 AM

I take the Monte everywhere :P

Space 05-26-2009 10:26 AM

I have to bring the Monte in for Semi-Annual service this morning at 9:00. So I need to get my butt into over-drive.

:rolleyes: `Taz
Lou, Sure hope you get good service on your Dale Jr SuperCharged
Monte Carlo...Post your results.
LOL, I learned a new say'in :eek: :D LOL
How does one get their butt in2 OverDrive...:D lol ~ LOL
Does take mean to go eat @ Taco Bell :confused: & then `if your dealer
stinks on their service, you can leave streak marks burn'in
out of the service dept ? LOL :eek:

SoCalSS 05-26-2009 10:57 AM

Hi all! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and ate plenty of hot dogs :D

We definitely had an interesting weekend for sure. We spent the weekend at my brother's house, grilled hamburgers and hot dogs Saturday night and ended up feeding half the children in the neighborhood. :)

Somehow their house became the gathering spot of all the children in the neighborhood, so at one point there were close to 15 kids outside :eek::eek::eek:

Quite a sight to see I must say!

Sunday night we grilled pork chops and corn on the cob, and again fed most of the neighborhood children. T made lots of new friends and we all had a great time.

Played 18 holes yesterday, shot an 84 :eek:
Need to get back out to the driving range and practice some more :)

The Popcorn King 05-26-2009 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace (Post 132779)

:rolleyes: `Taz
Lou, Sure hope you get good service on your Dale Jr SuperCharged
Monte Carlo...Post your results.
LOL, I learned a new say'in :eek: :D LOL
How does one get their butt in2 OverDrive...:D lol ~ LOL
Does take mean to go eat @ Taco Bell :confused: & then `if your dealer
stinks on their service, you can leave streak marks burn'in
out of the service dept ? LOL :eek:

Your a bad man Space.:eek::eek: But for that to happen, he has to have Taco Bell AND have a glass of milk. Skid marks for days. :D:D

Originally Posted by SoCalSS (Post 132796)
shot an 84 :eek:

An '84 what? Honda Civic? :D:D

ChibiBlackSheep 05-26-2009 12:02 PM

so at one point there were close to 15 kids outside :eek::eek::eek:

Quite a sight to see I must say!

SoCal... there's a registry for people like you... :P

rj 05-26-2009 12:15 PM

Here it is vacation day #2 and here I set at the computer talking with my good friends on MCF.

I plan on getting 4 of the '57s out sometime this week for a mini car show in my back yard. :) (that's the plan that is)

Weather man said 50% chance of rain today and tomorrow. Here it is the sun has been out most of the day today.

The Pace car received some damage at some point in the past couple weeks so I thought I'd take to my favorite body shop to see about having the dent (thanks WAYNE!!!!) removed.

Plus some how the rear spoiler decal was damaged? I'm going to contact Phoenix Graphics to see if anyone else has had a problem with this decal?

sprfrk2005 05-26-2009 12:22 PM

Glad to see everyone has a nice full day of stuff to do.... same here i also have a fulls day of stuff to do... working is one of them for from 11-4 then have to rush out of work to go pick up a part for my Monte poor car throwing up all over the place and heating up cuz it cant retain n e water so gotta fix that ASAP sadly cuz of all this i hear my enging knocking more and more something that doesnt sound good.... but hopefully i can get it back to good health...... thinking of finally doing the topswap on it and getting ride off all the headaches for a while but we will see u'll have a great day

The Popcorn King 05-26-2009 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep (Post 132828)
SoCal... there's a registry for people like you... :P

Your a BAAAAD man Mike.:eek::eek:

Originally Posted by rj (Post 132835)
I plan on getting 4 of the '57s out sometime this week for a mini car show in my back yard. :) (that's the plan that is)

PICS PICS PICS!!!:D:D

The Pace car received some damage at some point in the past couple weeks so I thought I'd take to my favorite body shop to see about having the dent (thanks WAYNE!!!!) removed.

I hear a story coming up huh Wayne.:eek: :eek::eek:

Originally Posted by sprfrk2005 (Post 132836)
Glad to see everyone has a nice full day of stuff to do.... same here i also have a fulls day of stuff to do... working is one of them for from 11-4 then have to rush out of work to go pick up a part for my Monte poor car throwing up all over the place and heating up cuz it cant retain n e water so gotta fix that ASAP sadly cuz of all this i hear my enging knocking more and more something that doesnt sound good.... but hopefully i can get it back to good health...... thinking of finally doing the topswap on it and getting ride off all the headaches for a while but we will see u'll have a great day

HOpe you find whats wrong man. Or do the top swap like you said.

Space 05-26-2009 12:29 PM

:rolleyes: ..R.J., Great 2 read that U R on vacation, & can play with your adult auto toys. I know your worked hard to get your Chevy Collection, and it must be rewarding to work on them. EnJoy your time `off.
You left us hang'in ? How did your Pace Car get damaged ? : ( :(
Hope it's a easy repair...

BlackSheep `Mike....LoL that was a funny post....Start look'in over your shoulder :eek: lol ~ lol :D We do have a habit of read'in into a member's words : ) lol

sprfrk2005 05-26-2009 01:02 PM

Yes JJ fortunantly i already know wuts wrong with my car and should be fix as soon as i got outta work times going by so slow its like torture haha

Space 05-26-2009 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by sprfrk2005 (Post 132851)
Yes JJ fortunantly i already know wuts wrong with my car and should be fix as soon as i got outta work times going by so slow its like torture haha

:rolleyes:
`Ozzy, is it because you work next to the pool & U can see all
the beautiful ladies & can't go out & play ?
Yes, that would be torture 4-Sure. :D
Sounds like a fun place 2 work, sure is better then a hot
warehouse....Hope U get your Monte fixed soon.
Good Luck from `Space

sprfrk2005 05-26-2009 02:30 PM

haha unforutnanatly today is not a good day for chick watching cloudy and rainy today but o0o well

MAMONTE 05-26-2009 05:12 PM

Good Afternoon, or Evening everyone! (depending on where you live)

Hope your all having a great day today...

I am just having a normal Tuesday, minus school of coarse, so thats nice...

Just got done having a 2 hour confrence call at work with all the other managers and the owner...My ear hurts! LOL!

The weather here in San Jose, CA is awesome today..about 70 on the dot! 3 more hours till I get to go home...woo hoo!

rj 05-26-2009 05:42 PM

RockinSS (Wayne) didn't do anything to the Pace car. He just pointed out the nice dent in the pass quarter panel someone did to the car. That's why I was thanking him. For pointing that out at the car show on saruday. lol

Not that I'm happy someone did this to an otherwise perfect '03 Pace car cause I'm not. :(

I just hope the body shop can get this ironed out without too much work and even less of a $$$$ charge to me.

I called Phoenix Graphixs a few minutes ago and talked with Chad. He said we made the mistake of washing the car too soon at a powered car wash after installation of the decals. It's been one month exactly on sunday and that's when we washed the Pace car. I didn't want it setting in the garage dirty. Guess I should have hand washed it yesterday myself while the steaks were grilling? Chad said if the decals had been on the car a while longer going to a powered car wash wouldn't have been a problem. Or shouldn't have been.

Who knew???????????? :(

Space 05-26-2009 06:24 PM

:rolleyes:
Hi R.J., I don't know why :confused: bad things happen 2 good people, but
they do :(
I was taught to learn from the bad in `life, and then move on.
It works 4 me. Sure hope that you can get the few issues/problems
resolved.

"We live, & hopefully we `Learn", but most important is
`We Live :D
R.J.'s -Reader's....:cool:..EnJoy your `Now, it's the `Present
of your `Life.
*(Only 37 more minute's 2 `go @ work: )

MAMONTE 05-26-2009 06:27 PM

Space, Glad to hear your off work soon, you work way to much...But like you always say, at least you got a job! :) I got 1 hour 33 min till i'm out! :)

The Popcorn King 05-26-2009 07:35 PM

Don't mind me. I'm just here eating peanuts and drinking diet Coke.

SoCalSS 05-26-2009 07:38 PM

Mmmm peanuts. I'm hungry.

ChevySSGirl 05-26-2009 09:16 PM

i second jj's response: PICS PICS PICS!!! :D :D :D

you certainly are a lucky person when you can say something like that!! i hope i can have a garage like that some day!! :)

Originally Posted by MAMONTE (Post 132951)

Just got done having a 2 hour confrence call at work with all the other managers and the owner...My ear hurts! LOL!

i do NOT miss conference calls! i used to have those all the time at my old job.

Originally Posted by rj (Post 132959)
RockinSS (Wayne) didn't do anything to the Pace car. He just pointed out the nice dent in the pass quarter panel someone did to the car. That's why I was thanking him. For pointing that out at the car show on saruday. lol

Not that I'm happy someone did this to an otherwise perfect '03 Pace car cause I'm not. :(

I just hope the body shop can get this ironed out without too much work and even less of a $$$$ charge to me.

I called Phoenix Graphixs a few minutes ago and talked with Chad. He said we made the mistake of washing the car too soon at a powered car wash after installation of the decals. It's been one month exactly on sunday and that's when we washed the Pace car. I didn't want it setting in the garage dirty. Guess I should have hand washed it yesterday myself while the steaks were grilling? Chad said if the decals had been on the car a while longer going to a powered car wash wouldn't have been a problem. Or shouldn't have been.

Who knew???????????? :(

that sucks about the dent, and the decal too. keep us posted.

Originally Posted by JJsRYD (Post 132976)
Don't mind me. I'm just here eating peanuts and drinking diet Coke.

LMAO. random!!! :D

i got my new tires today, the service at the shop was great, i went in when they were almost closing and they fit me in. the manager was the one who mounted them and he was really nice and made sure to point out the marks on my rims before he did anything, which i'm kinda glad he did because the front left one has a mark on it which i knew but the front right one also has a little scratch which i didn't know. really very nice and gave me 2 of the nascar posters. i forgot to mention that there's a $20 rebate so after that the total will be about $550. he was gushing over my car, it was kinda funny. he said they don't get many nice ones like that, haha. gotta love the monte love!

Taz 05-26-2009 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by JJsRYD (Post 132797)
Your a bad man Space.:eek::eek: But for that to happen, he has to have Taco Bell AND have a glass of milk. Skid marks for days. :D:D

An '84 what? Honda Civic? :D:D

Geez. Thanks for the heads up JJ. Gotta remember to never have Taco Bell and milk. What about chocolate milk? Or does that come after the meal. :D (sorry. I think Space is going to put me into a time out for that one.)

LOL at shooting an 84 Honda Civic.

so at one point there were close to 15 kids outside :eek::eek::eek:

fed most of the children.

I've heard of the show "Jon & Kate plus 8", but never "SoCalSS Matt plus 15". And what's with feeding MOST of the children? What about the rest? :confused:

Plus some how the rear spoiler decal was damaged? I'm going to contact Phoenix Graphics to see if anyone else has had a problem with this decal?

Ouch. Sorry to hear about the ding and decal. You left it for a month. How long did they expect you to wait? When the factory puts decals on a car or truck, they don't tell you to wait before putting your car through a car wash. Hopefully the Pace Car is back to 100% soon. :)

As for my Monte, it's doing good. In addition to a new infusion of Castrol Full Synthetic, it got a brake flush too.

I also found out that the 2000 to 2005 Montes do infact have a passenger compartment air filter. They printed out the replacement proceedure according to the GM service manual. I'll make a How-To thread about it if one doesn't already exist.

MAMONTE 05-26-2009 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl (Post 132996)
i got my new tires today, the service at the shop was great, i went in when they were almost closing and they fit me in. the manager was the one who mounted them and he was really nice and made sure to point out the marks on my rims before he did anything, which i'm kinda glad he did because the front left one has a mark on it which i knew but the front right one also has a little scratch which i didn't know. really very nice and gave me 2 of the nascar posters. i forgot to mention that there's a $20 rebate so after that the total will be about $550. he was gushing over my car, it was kinda funny. he said they don't get many nice ones like that, haha. gotta love the monte love!

Isnt it nice to get compliments on your car...It always makes my day when people compliment me on my car...Just today while I was filling up (which cost $53 bucks! :eek:) I had a guy compliment me on the color of mine, he asked if it was custom, he was shocked to hear it was factory! :D

SoCalSS 05-26-2009 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Taz (Post 133015)
I've heard of the show "Jon & Kate plus 8", but never "SoCalSS Matt plus 15". And what's with feeding MOST of the children? What about the rest? :confused:

Well we fed all that came over. There were a few that didn't venture into our neck of the woods. We gave them all random nicknames as well. Like Moto Moto, Achmed, Truffle Shuffle, Thomas the tank engine, etc...

MAMONTE 05-26-2009 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by socalss (Post 133037)
we gave them all random nicknames as well. Like moto moto, achmed, truffle shuffle, thomas the tank engine, etc...

lmao!!!

ChevySSGirl 05-26-2009 11:42 PM

ditto! LOL LOL!!!

do the truffle shuffle! - peter griffin

Taz 05-27-2009 12:21 AM

LMAO!

Jamie Lynn, I was thinking the same thing.

"C'mon. Do the truffle shuffle."

Matt, why "Thomas the tank engine"?

ChevySSGirl 05-27-2009 12:32 AM

Chris Griffin: Wow, corey haim! are you part of the goonies too?

Corey Haim: nah, i just live down here. (rat scurries by) MINE!!! (grabs rat and takes a bite)

yum.

SoCalSS 05-27-2009 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Taz (Post 133053)

Matt, why "Thomas the tank engine"?

I don't know.... why not? lol.

rj 05-27-2009 12:40 PM

you certainly are a lucky person when you can say something like that!! i hope i can have a garage like that some day!! :)
Stop over. You can help me. :)

that sucks about the dent, and the decal too. keep us posted.
Tell me. :(

WE NEED PICS! :)

Ouch. Sorry to hear about the ding and decal. You left it for a month. How long did they expect you to wait? When the factory puts decals on a car or truck, they don't tell you to wait before putting your car through a car wash. Hopefully the Pace Car is back to 100% soon.
Beats me? He said if the decals had been on the car longer there was less chance of this happening. How long is long enough though?

ChibiBlackSheep 05-27-2009 12:46 PM

84 days, 3 hours, and 2 minutes in direct sunlight for a vinyl adhesive to adhere permanently.

...okay I made that up, but at least I gave an answer :P

The Popcorn King 05-27-2009 12:48 PM

Thats very odd about the decals. I washed my car at the carwash the next day after i put the one on my hood. I even used the power wand on the body and never had a problem with it lifting on me.