Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Monday September 28, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sad thing is, this automotive forum teaches me more than this dumb Geology lab! LOL...I'm a Business major, I could give a rats a** about this other crap they make us learn! HAHA

Old 09-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's good business ethics :P

Old 09-28-2009, 11:39 AM

10 Year Member

Blah! It's never helped me in my job! haha

Old 09-28-2009, 11:47 AM
rj
15 Year Member

How-D everyone. Hope you are having a good day?

Did a lot of running around over the weekend.

Fri- attended cruise-in I've been going to ever since they started having this event. I did miss one about two years ago when they had the Rebel Run and this cruise-in the same weekend. I can't be in two places at once and I'd pre-registered the Rebel Run so I was there instead of the Tipp City, OH Mum Fest cruise-in.
Anyways, it drizzled on and off most of the evening on friday which kept a lot of car people away.
We took the '86 and '03 Montes to the cruise. The Pace car received more attention then the '86 Monte which is pretty much normal.
We left the cruise at 7:30pm knowing we had a pretty big day on saturday.

Sat- walked over, got the U-haul truck and hit the interstate. Got to Michigan about 11am. We had the piano loaded inside of 15 minutes. Got it secured and Deb along with her sister got lunch ready for all of us. At about 2pm Deb's sister said they were leaving and I figured that was a good time for us to leave as well. Said our goodbyes and hit the road again.
We got back home about 4:10pm. Filled the U-haul truck back up with gasoline and drove to the house. My parents along with one brother-in-law and my youngest nephew were waiting on us. With their help we had the piano up on the front porch and in the house in less than 20 minutes. (dang that thing is heavy)

I found out late saturday there were three cruise-ins taking place. But with being on the road over 5 hrs and moving the piano and someone.............. banged their knee hard on the U-haul truck I decided to stay home. I anticipated attending a car show on sunday since the season is winding down around here. BUT............ there was no car show or cruise-in on sunday. Now I wished I'd have went to the free cruise-in downtown saturday evening. Oh well.

I can walk a little easier today but the knee still hurts.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

guess who overslept?

we have been getting a few power flicks today ( its nice & sunny, so why not? ) and i think im one of the only people in the US who still uses an alarm clock that has no battery backup whatsoever, & resets at 12:00 AM everytime we loose power.... so i guess im staying home, lol. feel like crap anyways.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

rj, sounds like you get to join the "we dont really need or want it but its coming home anyways because the MS. has sentimental value for it piano- movers club"

me & my dad got to play that one a couple of years back getting my great- grandparents old upright piano home in my dads old 4cyl minivan, just me & him... idk how big the one you moved was, the one we have looks small but waighed a TON... it lives in our basement now, untill the house falls down around it, lol

Old 09-28-2009, 12:00 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
i think im one of the only people in the US who still uses an alarm clock that has no battery backup whatsoever, & resets at 12:00 AM everytime we loose power....
Mine has battery back up, but it does not work...LOL. Its one of those Sony alarm clock radio things, i've had it since like 6th grade. haha i only use the buzzer, because i'd just fall right back to sleep if the radio woke me up!

Since my battery back up does not work, and it is crucial that i wake up for work, I set both my alarm, and cell phone alarm...one of them should go off!

Old 09-28-2009, 12:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Heyy y'all! Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm kinda frantic right now. I've just called about 20 vet clinics in the area to get information from them about who the director of employee management is, ugh, fun stuff. About to go home bcuz these damn school computers dont have a USB connection for my flash drive which is pretty much lame and dumb! Then after I get all my different resumes and cover letters printed out (since i cant do them at the school! argh!) me and my monte are gonna hit almost all of the vet clinics in Pensacola handing out the resumes and cover letters lol but i'm soo nervous bcuz what am i gonna do if NONE of these vet places work out...i'm pretty much screwed =[ soo scary!

Mike, yeah I hate not having all my homework problems completely done too. it sucks and makes me feel like a loser lol. But that's good to know that you guys on here will help with homework =] i'll most def keep that in mind =D

But yeah anyway, I'm gonna head home, I'll probably check up on this before i make my runs to the clinics. Have a great Monday guys! =D

Old 09-28-2009, 12:16 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention before I drove to the cruise-in (I arrived at 11:30am mind you) had to drive to AZ and have the battery in my '86 Monte checked. See thursday I planned on attending the weekly Dairy Queen cruise. Since I figured it was going to rain some I took the '86 Monte. Had to go to the bank first so I got there, turned the car off and gee when I went to leave it wouldn't start. I figured it was the car alarm again so I pushed the Monte out of the ATM lane by myself. I thought if the car sat for 20 minutes the alarm would re-set and the starter would operate again like normal. NOT THURSDAY.
Half hour later I'm still trying to get the car started. To make the story shorter Debbie came over, we went home got something to tow the car with, went back to the bank to get it and I thought why not try to jump the car "Just to see?" As soon as I put the jumper cables on the car started.
That's why I went to AZ on friday. And they said I needed a new battery.

Originally Posted by skylark65
rj, sounds like you get to join the "we dont really need or want it but its coming home anyways because the MS. has sentimental value for it piano- movers club"

me & my dad got to play that one a couple of years back getting my great- grandparents old upright piano home in my dads old 4cyl minivan, just me & him... idk how big the one you moved was, the one we have looks small but waighed a TON... it lives in our basement now, untill the house falls down around it, lol
Funny you should say that. While we were unloading the piano an Arron's truck happened to drive past. My brother-in-law said to Debbie, "You should donate the piano to them. Then tell them you want to rent it and tell them to deliver it. Then you won't have to unload it." lol

The piano my parents have in the basement we got when I was in about 1st grade. It took almost 15 of us to move it down the basement steps when they moved in 1977. Five were at the top of the steps holding the rope tied around the piano and close to 10 were helping it down the steps.

I think future plans for it are to leave it where it sets?

Old 09-28-2009, 12:21 PM

10 Year Member

Good luck on the job hunt Brittany!

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Monday September 28, 2009