Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Monday October 05, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning all... cold cold drive to work today they say it's 40 out but seems colder...and still no heat in the scort so had to have the windows cracked to keep the windows from fogging up...

Old 10-05-2009, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning everyone. Off to school I go to try and pass some knowledge on. Hope everyone has a great day. Thanks for checking in Space. It is always nice to read your words.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:03 AM
15 Year Member

Todd: that would be a niceway to keep warm but reality keeps bringin me back,
Space: good to read your words as always
Ryan:sucks about the beign sick man... try to get some recovery going sleep alot

Old 10-05-2009, 08:04 AM
15 Year Member

EDIT: Todd i ment taz my bad....

Todd hope your students are good for you today

Old 10-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

space, thanks for the get well wishes, its good to see you online. i musta just missed your post earlyer.

justin, perhaps you could light the backseat in the scort on fire for warmth? i know my dads old van lost its heat last winter, that sucked bigtime. we wound up putting an auxilery heater out of an old boxtruck between the seats, that worked great.
& thanks for the get well wishes, man.

todd, does your district give you guys any days off for columbas day weekend? ours has next monday & tuesday off. we were gonna go up to new york state, only if i can kick this damn cold, though.

Last edited by skylark65; 10-05-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

oh, todd, happy teacher day!

When : Always October 5th

Teachers deserve a little recognition, and some thanks and appreciation. Aside from parents and direct family, who else has as much influence on the hearts ann minds of a child... your child? Teachers not only educate, but they help to shape and frame your child's beliefs, values, and behaviors.

Parents and students are encouraged to offer thanks and recognition today. A simple "thanks", or an ecard is sufficient.

BTW: An apple a day may keep the doctor away. But, teachers love to get apples.

If you are a teacher, Happy World Teacher Day!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Origin of World Teacher Day:
World Teachers' Day was initiated by the Director-General of UNESCO, Federico Mayor, at the International Conference on Education in Geneva in 1993.

On October 5, 1966, a UNESCO and the International Labour Organisation conference adopted a special recommendation on Teachers. The date of this event was selected as the date to annually honor and recognize teachers around the world.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Heyy Everyone!

Well I woke up to get ready to go to school and it was if the sky had broken. Completely pouring down rain! It's crazy! I had to towel off myself and the inside of the monte whenever I got into it. Of course I had issues getting to school between the bad tires and all the water getting caught all up in the body skirts and what not. Crazy stuff, hope it ain't this bad whenever I leave to go home. But I gotta vet clinic interview today =D hoping that it goes well =]

Ryan, hope ya get better man!

Lou, good luck at the dentist!

Todd, hope everythin is going good with your students and all!

Old 10-05-2009, 08:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Ryan, hope you get better man, that sucks. I HATE being sick, it just sucks.

LOL at light the back seat of the scort on fire for warmth. But seriously, that sucks Justin...and its only going to get colder. Your going to need to wrap yourself in heating pads before leaving for work pretty soon.

Todd Happy teacher day...

Lou, I've had the chipped tooth thing before too. Sucks, but hope it goes smooth for ya!

Brittany, good luck in school! I'm so not thrilled to be going today...lol, then again i'm never thrilled about school! LOL! Oh and you need to get those tires changed!

I sure as hell have school on Columbus Day! Booo! LOL

Last edited by MAMONTE; 10-05-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Morning Everyone.

Its another cold day here in Lawton.

Cloudy 56°F
Feels Like
56°F

Just took Jonny to school and ate breakfast. Hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

Brittany, you might want to take extra towels with you . LOL

Ryan. That sux that your sick man. Hope you feel better. You can always go to work and give it to you co-workers.

Taz, Why fix the tooth? Just tell the girls that it got chipped trying to save a kitten from a burning building. They might believe you and, well, you never know what might happen.

SPACE!!!! Hows my Alien friend?

Todd. You sure you dont need a chair and a whip?

Justin, i remember those days with heat. NOT FUN!!

Michael, dont study to hard, your brain might ooze out of your ears. LOL

Old 10-05-2009, 08:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Brittany, good luck in school! I'm so not thrilled to be going today...lol, then again i'm never thrilled about school! LOL! Oh and you need to get those tires changed!
thanks mike! yeah i'm never thrilled either lol. yeah i know, i'm planning on driving it up to missouri in december to get new tires bcuz apparently my dad has everythin planned for it so idk. hopefully they'll last a couple more months.

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Monday October 05, 2009