Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Monday August 24, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for your words Space! Its so true, having goals gives you something to look forward to, something to work at, and an answer to your own questions when you ask yourself..."why the hell am I doing this?" The answer is, so that I can get the things I want out of life!

Any news on the lap top?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:12 AM

Hi `Michael, U R Welcome 4 Sure.
What I post is always a reminder 2 myself, & hope it
plants a positive in the minds of the reader : )
I just repeat what I've been taught by my mentor/grandfather during my life's `journey.
I keep finding his teachings `true.

I just emailed the company about my laptop & hope I
get a reply 2day. I am thankful that a friend loaned
me their `puter for a few hours.
Loaning someone your laptop is kind of like loaning
them your car . I am thankful...It's amaz'in how much
I miss being able to correct to the World Wide Web
and the outside World : )
Wish U & readers of this a `Happy EnJoy your day.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:15 AM

Michael... DAMN SKIPPY BUDDY!! I agree 100%.

Enzo it sure was a lot of fun LOL. Dating someone for three weeks who couldn't bare being away from me for two days at a time was kind of sweet. Then you find out that they are completely incapable of loving another human being including themselves (and that makes them insecure as all hell) because of their addictions is SCARY. And I also discovered that no matter how much you care about that person, unless they want help themselves, you're just wasting your time and stressing yourself out over NOTHING. He has serious issues, and those issues have caused him to cause more hurt to me in the last 24 hours than any ex of mine has ever done to me in a lifetime.

I may be a lot of things but I am NOT a liar or a cheater. And that threw me over the edge. I said some REALLY mean hurtful things. Words that were dipped with venom and ice. My attitude was at an all time high and I have never been this mean or this angry in such a long time that it scared me. I almost felt like another person! I feel drained emotionally and mentally. Among other things. It makes me wonder, was he ever cited for running that red light saturday night or did he just bag out on me because of his own feelings.

I wonder if there are any normal people in the universe, or are us MCF ers the only ones?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:20 AM

10 Year Member

Well I sure hope you get your computer back soon...I don't have a laptop, but if I did not have any way of connecting to the internet, I would be LOST...I don't know what would be worse, no cell phone, or no internet...hmmm...I think no internet would b worse for sure, at least without the cell phone, work could not contact me whenever the heck they feel like it, and annoy the crap out of me while i'm not being paid...haha, so maybe I should loose my cell phone...JK. Amazing how dependent we have all become on technology.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:22 AM

I can't live without either my desktop, my cell phone even tho it sucks and i want a new one, or my laptop which i barely use but if i'm traveling it's with me wherever I go. work doesn't annoy me... because I don't answer the phone. You should try it sometime, it's rather effective!

Sidenote: Is it just me, or do I have absolutely no right being jealous over a bottle of beer? It's a crying shame that somebody would allow THAT to get in the way of having *ALL THIS*, my monte carlo, AND a bag of chips 24/7. I hate feeling slighted. Especially for something that trivial.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

i couldn't live with out my celly...that is my portal everything...i have a desktop but no internet on it so 9/10 of my doings are on the web on my phone..hence the multi post when im trying to tell

Old 08-24-2009, 08:32 AM

Hi Michael,
I am amazed every time I log on2 the internet

The bum's & I were homeschooled & the Web opened our minds
to so many roads of learning.
I finished my degree in Business Administration with online
classes from `Phoenix University.
In person, I've only been out of the State of Florida once,
and that was on my short work assignment to Kuwait.
But, On the WWW, I've been everywhere.
I don't have a TV now or a cell phone, but I'd be lost
without the internet 4-Sure.
It's just a Super great invention/device.
I just don't know how anyone can get bored if they have
access to the World....I never get bored. Lonely when my
friends are away, but never bored 4-Sure.
I sure am Thankful 4 EveryThing : )
Peace/Out ~> that's all 4 now lol

Last edited by Space; 08-24-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

a storie or just trying to update...i pnly get 200 characture (misspell) to post with...sucks... like sending text all the time..

Old 08-24-2009, 08:45 AM

10 Year Member

Yea, the internet sure is an amazing place...I gotta hand it to you Space, no cell phone? thats pretty amazing in todays world...I have two cell phones. One for work, and one personal, and always have both in my pocket. Yet, what drives me crazy is, when work call, and I ignore my work phone, the just turn around and call my personal cell, so i'll answer thinking its REALLY important (sometimes i'll step out of class to get it) and all it is is some stupid question that A) could have wait, or B) they know the answer to, and i've showed them a million times how to do...errr. But enough of that rant. Point is, I think its actually pretty awesome you make it through a life in todays world without a cell phone. Sometimes I think cell phones were the worst invention. Yea, they can be cool, and helpful, but sometimes they just suck.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:48 AM

Robyn, take some time for you and the Monte. When you stop looking is when great things find you. Good luck!!!

Space wish you were close by as I would let you have my desktop until your puter is back. I use my mac all the time now.

Michael I have to start getting up early again as well. Dang school. lol

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Monday August 24, 2009