Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF MEMBER's BLOG: FRIDAY (T.G.I.F.) 8/07/09

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:15 AM

Enjoying a little rain. We needed it after all of the heat. Have a great Friday everyone.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey everybody. So I'm sitting at work doing "a lot" of work... when all of a sudden this box appears. So I open it up and...

HV3 Intake

Stainless Steel Plog

My set of ER Rockers

WOOOO!!!!!! Now I just gotta wait until the end of the month

Old 08-07-2009, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34
Current bid only $2500
in N.E. Ohio
3.8L with 156K miles

J.J. ? Ryan, Mike, Matt, or other member's What do you Think of it ?

Look'in Good ?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:40 AM

WoW `Mike, Auto Toys POWER
Glad they arrived, and I bet U can't wait 2 get them on : )
Good Luck 4-Sure

Old 08-07-2009, 10:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
JJ, good luck on looking for stuff for a Z34 3.4 / 3.8 swap, i know the differance between my 3.1 and my dads 3.4 is amazing, ive moved his around, and it seems like its really just begging to be opened up, feels like its got plenty of oompfh. but blacksheep mike is right about the maintaince, you have to remove the whole intake to do plugs / wires. but thats fairly common on damn near any newer car....
I'm weighing my options when the time comes. If i can find me a Z34 thats in really great shape,i might just rebuild the engine in my spare time and use that instead. Then sell my car to recoupe some of the money.

As far as maintenance. Your right. Any new car is tight. Thats why no matter what engine i go with, i'm installing new OEM parts. that way i dont have to back into it again for a very long time.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

SPace, i know that Chris ( Monte Carlo 3831 ) is looking for a Z34. He might want to look into it. I wont be ready until tax time next year.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:50 AM

15 Year Member

I can't wait space, that's for sure!

There's a few things that bother me about that Monte you posted. One is the mileage... I know my car is higher miles, but you never know how it was taken care of. On top of the how well it's taken care of, there's a few things in the picture that bother me. In the 2nd shot, why is the paper on the floor so messed up? They really couldn't take the time to straighten it out before snapping the shot? And in the last picture just take a look at all the cars in the background. They are TOTAL rustbuckets. It's small things like attention to detail in pictures that show how much attention to detail an owner had while using the car.

Those few reasons alone, would make me feel like the car really wasn't taken well care of, and mix that with the high miles and I probably wouldn't look at that anymore other than for a parts car.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 AM

...`Mike, all valid good points, but I would do a CarFax on any car I was considering. I just posted because you can't get much for around $2500 dollars in todays market. For that price is would be good even for a parts car, but I think it would make a great day driver with a 3.8L. You do have a keen eye 4 detail, and that's important in life and really important when you are look'in at cars 4-Sure.
J.J., I understand what's it's like to wait..., but isn't your government going to take everything next year to pay for all those that traded in their clunkers : ) Wish U the Best..

Old 08-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

i can't wait for taxes next year with the kid we r supost to be geting mucho bucks back....i see a 350 or even a sb 400 swap in my 84's future... redo the int...

Old 08-07-2009, 11:10 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
I don't know how U can wait to the end of the Month to put on your parts. That's like getting a early Xmas/Birthday present & you can play with your toys lol
"Patience, is such a Virtue" : )
I can wait because I HAVE to wait. There is no way I could get to it all this weekend, and the rest of the months weekends I won't be around. :P

Quick Reply: MCF MEMBER's BLOG: FRIDAY (T.G.I.F.) 8/07/09