Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Friday October 08, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i know the white crap started early for you guys last year justin, lol. its been kinda cold here for a while, gonna get nice for the weekend then back down to the low 50's for us.

sucks about the clutch. those contours & mystakes are just godawfull when it comes to working on the trans. but be VERY thankfull its a stick car! a few of my friends have auto virsions of your car and they are the biggest POS on the earth, next to the yugo

Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

sad thing is i've hear i've got the good one of the batches.... 4cyl5sd i've heard the v6's and auto's have tons of issues

Old 10-08-2010, 11:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Morning Everyone.

Just getting things ready to drop the tank on my Jimmy. Gonna have Jonny help me so he can learn how its done.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:57 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Good morning all (barely)! I am practicing for next weekend by painting and wet sanding a chunk of the bumper that used to be on the Monte. My wife said that she 'wants to spend more time together' so I offered to let her help. So far, so good. Painted last night and when my oldest daughter gets home from school we are going to wet sand the paint, followed by a few layers of clear. Tomorrow we will wet sand and buff that out to see what kind of results we can expect. I will start a thread with lots of pics so you all can see how it goes. I am on a 4 day weekend again, so I've got a lot of time. Have a good day all.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:41 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

They messed up on the paint in a small spot & the new dash is wore in one spot & there not wanting to stand behind it & picking up a 2002 chevy duramax in San Marcos Texas

Old 10-08-2010, 03:21 PM

Im going to paint my exhaust tonight. Its fine already, I already have painted the mufflers and piping to the Y, but now to paint the new pipe, all the way to the cat. Im using flat black ceramic exhaust paint its supposed to be durable up to 2000*.

Other than that, almost have my intake completed, then a how to on it...

Also I have lost 50 lbs, that's right, increased the 1/4 mile time by. 10 second...
Millermonte, its good that your wife is willing to help you with the car.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:57 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Wow! Congrats on the weight loss Augi. Yeah... Anytime spent with the wife that doesn't involve an argument is time well spent. I like the fact that she is my best friend. Even though she has NO interest in the car, she will help because she likes the time spent together. Then I will have to watch Desparate Housewives or some other junk to make up for it.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:29 PM

5 Year Member

The Jimmy is alive and running. Now all that is left is getting it smogged, then tags and it will make its presence known at Cars and Coffee.

Just a little bit of advice to anyone thinking to doing the same thing....Before you reconnect the fuel lines, raise it into position, tighten up the straps, and try to start it up..... make sure you connect the wire harness into the fuel pump.

I speak from experience.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:58 PM

JJ I hate those mistakes, but you will never make that one again. Been there. So Cars and Coffee is every saturday? Thinking I will have to plan on being in vegas so we can cruise down to it once the Camaro is alive. I am going to be down in Indio, CA the last week in March and my goal is to drive the Camaro down. Was planning on hitting vegas for a couple of nights on the way back. Going through Salt Lake to see a buddy.

So I have no spare cash right now, but I had to buy some ammo for the AR-15. Couldn't pass up the price on .556X45 mil spec rounds. 1000 rounds for $200.00. I was almost out and any good gun owner knows you need to have a healthy supply. I had been paying $80.00 for 200 .223 rounds.

Subbed today in an 8th grade language arts class so that was fun. Hoping to do some work on the house this weekend if my step dad does not drink so keeping my fingers crossed. Need his help on installing the shower.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:12 AM

5 Year Member

Todd, let me know when your heading this way. We'll roll there in the Camaro and the Jimmy.

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Friday October 08, 2010