Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Friday July 02, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF Members Blog: Friday July 02, 2010

Above Super DeSigned `Logo by Mod J.J. , Thank You!

MCF ToDay
Friday, July 02, 2010

Monte Carlo Friends
to your
` Member's Blog

What are you doing Today ?
(Yes `You, reading this)
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's, pets, kids,
home town, pictures of your other cars, truck's, bikes etc.

- I think I'll start by saying `hi 2 everyone & _______?'

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Informative Family Zone
Please don't hurt with your words/post!
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Please click below link

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13110

July 2010
Monte of the Month

`Winner
Congratulations `Keith
Member: Blazed SS

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10474

Click above link to see all our MCF Winner's

Old 07-02-2010, 04:57 AM

Hi ,
EveryBody,
Wish EveryOne a safe/fun holiday WeekEnd.
EnJoy

July 4thHistory.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

Independence Day, commonly known as July 4th or the Fourth of July, commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.
www.history.com/topics/july-4th - Cached

Fourth of July HistoryHistory.com Video

In a History of the Holidays video, discover how and when Americans celebrated Independence Day in the past. Although Benjamin Franklin thought we'd ...
www.history.com/videos/fourth-of-july-history - Cached

* Thanks Teacher`Todd
for starting our MCF `Blog
& for adding our new
MOTM Winner `Keith.

Last edited by Space; 07-02-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:49 AM

8 Holiday Driving Tips

Think Before You Hit The Road
Posted: Jul 02, 2010

These few tips will help get you to your holiday vacation destination as safely as possible (prayitno, Flickr).

It’s Fourth of July Weekend and summer driving season is in full swing. With gas prices much lower this season than the summers of recent past, the annual family road-trip vacation could be making a comeback. But before you hit the highways, you will want to think about a few things to make your journey safer and more enjoyable.
1. Flashing lights are only fun in an amusement park.
There’s no reason to risk a run-in with the gendarmes. Keep in mind that in some jurisdictions even a common speeding ticket can result in a lengthy delay -- or worse. Your out-of-state license could mean an immediate trip to traffic court with a bond payment required before you’ll be let go. Speeding isn’t the only sort of traffic citation cops write, so be doubly cautious. Some practices you might take for granted at home, like turning left from a one-way street to another one-way on a red light, can be illegal elsewhere. And again, your out-of-state plate makes you fresh meat for local ticket writers, including meter maids.
Hitting the road for the holidays? Before you leave, check out these helpful links!

Traffic ReportsGas PricesCar Safety

2. Get a free vehicle inspection.
The local Chrysler dealer sends me coupons in the mail almost weekly offering a free vehicle inspection for my minivan. My wife gets similar offers from the BMW shop. Why not take them up on their inspection offer? You’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain. If they identify potentially trip-interrupting issues, like loose tie rods or frayed drive belts, you can have them remedied before your departure. Just remember that you’re not obligated to have any service performed then and there. Before you spend all your vacation money on repairs, you might want to get a second opinion, both to compare price and to determine how serious the problem really is.
3. Change the oil? Buy new tires?
If you’re going on a cross-country trip and you’re 500 miles away from your next scheduled oil change, go ahead and get it done early. You’ll probably get a better deal at home than trying to have the service performed on the road. Either choice is probably better than putting it off until you get return. Similar advice on the tires: If they’re close to the end of their useful tread life, replace them. Nothing screws up a road trip more than getting in an accident, and having good tires improves handling and braking performance more than any other factor.

6. Clean out your vehicle.
Perhaps this doesn’t bear mentioning, but from the looks of my wife’s car, everyone could use a little reminder. The last thing you need when setting out on a multi-state drive is a funky-smelling, cluttered car, so go ahead and drop it off at the local auto detailer – or just clean it yourself. It will get smelly enough with the entire family traveling in close confines soon enough, but you might as well begin the trip on a fresh note. While you’re at it, take the ice scraper, the vintage road atlas, and the worthless socket set that’s missing the drive wrench out of the trunk. Leave those useless items in the garage, along with anything else you don’t really need, like that third row of minivan seats that serves no purpose other than 50 pounds of dead weight.
7. Slow down.
It’s the best way to increase fuel economy, yet most drivers are reticent to sacrifice those precious few minutes they “save” by driving at or over the speed limit. I’m not going to turn this into a math-based lecture on lawbreaking, but in some cases slowing your rate of travel by 5-10 miles per hour can improve gas mileage by 5-10 percent. (Not to mention the potential safety implications of your reduced speed.) And if you’re really worried about the effect that slower rate of travel will have on your drive time, try improving your time management skills. Forego a half-hour of sleep or fill up the tank while the rest of the family packs its suitcases. Remember, there’s not a kid on earth who can’t hurry it up a bit at the rest area.

8. Get off the Interstate.
If you’ll permit a bit of editorializing, there is nothing that will increase the amount of fun you have on your next family vacation more than taking the back roads to wherever you’re going. Yes, there will be complaining (isn’t there always?) when you stop at a local diner for lunch and your brood is not served the same homogenous food found at every freeway exit. Yes, it will take longer to get there and you may find yourself driving into the wee hours of the night. Yes, you may be forced to stop at one of those hotels that’s not part of a national chain and doesn’t have a satisfied-or-it’s-free policy. Yes, you will have to stop for directions and talk to people who talk funny or look at you funny or just plain are funny. But isn’t that point of leaving home in the first place?

Related Articles:Rules for Safe Driving

Helpful Links:Local Traffic Reports

Last edited by Space; 07-02-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:55 AM

Traffic Violations

Have the need for speed? We've collected some articles on how to evade and beat traffic tickets.

Traffic Ticket Prone?

A study reveals which vehicles are most likely and least likely to get you a speeding ticket.

Traffic Safety

Avoid becoming a statistic and take the necessary steps to prevent deadly traffic accidents.

Attached Thumbnails MCF Members Blog: Friday July 02, 2010-imagesca6ibuug.jpg   MCF Members Blog: Friday July 02, 2010-%60kidride.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 07-02-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Morning all,

I got all my pics posted from Carlisle, put the link in Tony's Thread:

http://nymcc.activeboard.com/index.s...picID=36845346

250 pics! lol....

I'm going to be working most of the weekend (I know Booo!) So enjoy your weekend, be safe and have fun everyone!

Joe

Old 07-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Morning all just go to work, only gatta get throught today then i have 3days off work 3days then 4days off!

Old 07-02-2010, 08:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone.

Leaving early today, hopefully I can beat the rush on the road

I'm HOPING, that I can do an oil change and clay/polish/wax and take a new set of pictures on Saturday of the Monte

Sunday is a golf day with the brother-in-law, and then our joint birthday party / 4th of july bbq

And I'm off Monday

Good weekend, good weekend

Old 07-02-2010, 08:11 AM

...`Mike, you sure have a very active/fun `life. Be safe out there on the highways & enjoy your SuperSuperWeekEnd.

..Justin, great that you have so many days `off 2 enjoy.
I wish I was getting a night `off, but I'm still happy to be working in today's economy

Mod Michael gets 2 sleep in 2day : )

Check out `Joe's link on his pic's....they are `gREAT

Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Good morning forum friends! Posted my pic with the Taz around the world shirt in that pic only thread(thread link below). Mod Mike is next! I want to thank Lou again for his photoshop talents that dressed up my drab pics a bit!

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ighlight=world

Lisa

Old 07-02-2010, 08:50 AM

Hi `Lisa,
That was a very Creative Picture for the "Taz `sig
around the world".

Thanks for all your contributions to your
Monte Carlo Family.
What are you & member's doing for the 4th of July...
Whatever U `do ~> EnJoy

Attached Thumbnails MCF Members Blog: Friday July 02, 2010-lisa-ss.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 07-02-2010 at 08:54 AM.

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Friday July 02, 2010