Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Friday February 12, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF Members Blog: Friday February 12, 2010

* Thanks Mod J.J. for creating our MCF Logo 4-Sure
MCF ToDay

Friday, February 12, 2010
Praying for jobs for all our unemployed!!

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around Planet Earth
`Off Topic

For Every Member to Post
and make new Monte `Friends

What are you doing Today ?
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures
of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

The MCF is a Stress Free Family Zone
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Please click below link

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13110

February 2010 Monte of the Month

`Winner
Congratulations `Chris
Member: monte carlo 3831

^click^

Old 02-11-2010, 09:17 PM

I know this is up early, but I am getting sick. Throat is killing me. Hopefully sleep and Nyquil will do the trick.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:36 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was going to say, Friday IS here a little early!! That's okay with me, I like an early Friday

Well today (as in Friday) I'm going home for the weekend... my roommate from Maryland has never been away from home this long but 3 feet of snow is keeping him at bay. He hasn't been home in a month so I'm taking him home with me for the weekend. I'm hoping that if all goes well, I can get the shifter hooked up correctly on the Torino, hook up the throttle, make a make shift gas tank, and maybe take a video going up the road this weekend!!!

Old 02-12-2010, 02:57 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey guys. Still here. Don't get my new computer until Saturday or Monday. Very frustrating to post with my phone. I still read the threads though. Being computerless sucks.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:13 AM

i hear that idk what id do with out a computer...teacher hope you feel a little better...almost done at work a few more hours then i have to work 9-3 at my new job damn two weeks notice..then go back to this job tonight 10:30-6:30 lol...im counting the days as we speak

Old 02-12-2010, 03:40 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good luck man. I'm out for now. Later.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:28 AM

T.G.I.F. MonteCarlo Member's,
Thank God you were given another `day... 4-Sure
When you work everyday, friday is just another day of `life,
but I'm happy to get a new day ~>EveryDay 4-RealSure : )

-Teacher`Todd, hope U R feel'in better when U awake from your rest.
- Dave, I sure can relate 2 work'in many hours, but thankful 2 `be working. Good Luck on your new `job
- CowBoy `Duane, have a great sleepOver with your friend
- `Lou, Really sorry 2 read about your `puter problem. Look 4ward to knowing what new `puter U R getting.

Weather for Florida is Cold & raining, and I'm
look'in 4ward 2 the Sun 2 warm us & the ocean.
How's the weather where U R ?

Storms moving across the southeast states towards `Space
Wish the reader of this a HappyDay/Weekend
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 02-12-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

TGIF!

Well, last night I decided to get a head start on my 100,000 mile maintenance, and break it into 2 days instead of tackeling everything in one day. So I did the transmission fluid/ filter change. Then decided to do my front brakes/ rotors. Everything went well, and was lookin awesome (I installed brand new drilled and slotted rotors). As I was tightening the very last bolt on the driverside caliper, I went a little to far, and I snapped the bolt. (S*it, F*ck....and every other word comes out of my mouth at this point). It was 8:15pm, so the only auto stores open were Kragens and Autozone. So I jumped in the Bonneville, flew to Kragens, asked for a new caliper slider pin, with the caliper bolt....They only had the rears, not the fronts. 3 Day order. S*it. So I called Autozone from Kragens, no store had it in stock, 2-3 day ordered part. Then I went to the local hardware store (thinking I would buy a new bolt, and try to carefully drill out the broken bolt in the caliper pin, and then chase it with a tape to make sure it was clean)....well, the hardware store did not carry any 9mm fine thread bolts. S*it! So now i'm screwed, and my car is up on jackstands hanging half out the garage, so I could not even close the garage door. So i put the caliper on with one bolt, put my wheel back on that side with 3 lugs, and lowered the car, then pushed it back into the garage, closed the door and went to bed.

Now, today I am driving the truck, and I am hoping/ praying that the dealer or Napa auto will have this caliper pin/ bolt in stock so that I can run home for and hour, and finish this off and have my car back. OMG Drama!!! LOL...I just could not believe it was the VERY LAST bolt I had to tigten, and I would have been DONE for the evening with everything I had wanted to do. But all in all, after I calmed down, I just said oh well, s*it happens. hahaha!

So all that aside, I'm just glad its Friday! My girlfriend and I are going to Monterey for the weekend! It should be awesome weather on the coast, because supposedly we are suppsed to be getting upper 60's all weekend!

I hope everyone has a good day! Cross your fingers I can get that caliper pin without having to order the damn thing! :P

Old 02-12-2010, 08:05 AM

....Hi Michael, Zhit happens 2 good people, it's just `life & a test to see how we handle things that go wrong
Hang in there.......Don't give `up.....Look 4ward 2 the weekend & Valentine's Day with the one(s) U love.....

Last edited by Space; 02-12-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Hahaha! Thanks Space. I love the crossed fingers! Now thats the spirit! :P

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Friday February 12, 2010