Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Friday August 27, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 06:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey everyone!!! Justin thank you for the concerns. I was let go from my job because they are moving to Ohio. But for a very good rate, I am going to still do work for them as they need me. Which they need me for a lot. So along with a good severance package, if I get another job very soon, I will be WAY ahead of the game and making good money.

Sorry I haven't been around much, but I just have a lot to do!

Old 08-27-2010, 07:15 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear you lost your job, like you said to me before - there are lots of jobs for graphics in the PA area and I'm sure you will find another one. I've been at my crap job for a year now and I'm always looking for a better job - there is nothing here.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:15 PM

Alright guys, I got somthing BIG!!! Unbelivable if you ask me, but I have this confirmed.
I was on the phone with my grandma about an hour ago talking about me and my wifes new house when she mentioned somthing to me... My Mom's neighbor is having a garage sale (well her neighbor just passed away a few days ago and it her son and daughter doing the garage sale. Whatever though) and she mentioned they are selling a red car for 700 bucks. Im like okay whatever I cant afford that right now seeing as we're gonna move out tomarrow. But then I got to thinking, he nieghbors RED car is the monte carlo Ive never seen outside of the carport... NO!? YES!!! So I drove on over to check it out, sure enough it is!! (was) they said it sold in less than 45 minutes.. I asked them why so cheap? They said they just need to get rid of everything or its getting repo'd and they couldnt drive it back to california. Anyway, I thought Id share that with everyone and hopfully somone doesnt kill their self over this, I know I almost did!! Im gonna post this tomarrow in the blog for those of you who dont see it tonight..
oh yeah, 6thh gen BTW

Last edited by wht02monte; 08-27-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Evening all. Looks like our house is going on the market 1st of the week. If we're lucky we're only going to LOSE about $20K on it! Doesn't THAT suck! That's just the way the market is. That will still put $$$ in our pocket, and considering everything, I'll take it.
I got a lead today from my boss on a hi-tech tool shop NE of us, about 1/2 way between Portage & Lansing, making it feasible for us to move to the Hastings area, which we like, but is near nothing. I talked to the owner today, and he's VERY interested, so I need to update my resume SOMETIME this weekend and e-mail it to him.
Check out the house I just posted up in our house search thread. It's LadyT's fav' place so far. It's even on a main road, and not a dirt road, like SO MANY of the places we like! Here's a direct link. Check out the pics full screen:
http://www.pprmi.com/10015654

Buying new tires for LadyT's Solstice tomorrow. We're driving down to Tire Rack to get them there. I hope there's an autocross going on for her to see
Have a GREAT evening everyone!

Last edited by RocknSS04; 08-27-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:58 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Good luck on the house!!!

Ive been busy, we had a scrimmage last night, I have alot to improve on.

What Ive been up doing for about 5-6 hours now. Headers arent easy. Neither is torquing the bolts on the heads...

Old 08-28-2010, 11:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Hey Brock, you can run a hose to the fender and now have GOBS of cold air going into the cylinders. LOL

Old 08-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
Evening all. Looks like our house is going on the market 1st of the week. If we're lucky we're only going to LOSE about $20K on it! Doesn't THAT suck! That's just the way the market is. That will still put $$$ in our pocket, and considering everything, I'll take it.
I got a lead today from my boss on a hi-tech tool shop NE of us, about 1/2 way between Portage & Lansing, making it feasible for us to move to the Hastings area, which we like, but is near nothing. I talked to the owner today, and he's VERY interested, so I need to update my resume SOMETIME this weekend and e-mail it to him.
Check out the house I just posted up in our house search thread. It's LadyT's fav' place so far. It's even on a main road, and not a dirt road, like SO MANY of the places we like! Here's a direct link. Check out the pics full screen:
http://www.pprmi.com/10015654

Buying new tires for LadyT's Solstice tomorrow. We're driving down to Tire Rack to get them there. I hope there's an autocross going on for her to see
Have a GREAT evening everyone!
Hi Wayne.

I really like that house. It's got that nice older home style you don't see anymore.