Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF HomeOwners : (

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default MCF HomeOwners : (

[align=center]My grandfather was very upset when he
read the below article on Home Prices. He has some[/align][align=center]properties. He said it's going to be a great buyers market[/align][align=center]and a very poor sellers market.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope it doesn't hurt any MCF Member's.[/align][align=center]My girlfriend & I would really like to have our own home,[/align][align=center]and I wish we could afford to buy in the near future.[/align][align=center]Right now, we are just look'in at tents [8D][][/align][align=center]Housing prices to fall in 2008 - Merrill Lynch
By David Goldman, CNNMoney.com staff writer[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The worst housing financial crisis in decades is only going to get worse, a Merrill Lynch report said Wednesday.[/align][align=center]The investment bank forecasted a 15 percent drop in housing prices in 2008 and a further 10 percent drop in 2009, with even more depreciation likely in 2010.[:@][X(][/align][align=center]By contrast, the National Association of Realtors (NAR) expects housing prices to remain flat in 2008. NAR did cut its home price estimate for the current quarter, however, to a 5.3 percent year-over-year decline, which represents the steepest drop in that price measure on record. But NAR sees an uptick in home prices in the last two quarters of 2008.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]More From CNNMoney.com
[/align]
[align=center][*]How they got housing wrong[/align][*][align=center]Home prices post record decline[/align][*][align=center]Housing bailout: winners and losers[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"Merrill Lynch's figures are way too pessimistic, and they are unprecedented," Lawrence Yun, the National Association of Realtors chief economist told CNNMoney.com. "There is so much variation in local housing markets, and we see stable price conditions for 2008."[/align][align=center][font="times new roman"][size=4]The current housing crisis and the

Old 01-26-2008, 04:55 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: MCF HomeOwners : (

It's one of those deals that bounces up and down... people buy when it is low and sale when it is high. I think it's going to boucne back. The Housing Market and the Economy all bounce up and down with time. I think it's going to bounce back in a year or so.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

It's one of those deals that bounces up and down... people buy when it is low and sale when it is high. I think it's going to boucne back. The Housing Market and the Economy all bounce up and down with time. I think it's going to bounce back in a year or so.
Rev. Duane Black - Cowboy -,
I pray that you are right in your theory. I hope the bouncing
ball is not made of glass. I shall be optimistic : )
Thanks for your post, your words...your `hope
Get back `up there Ball : )
[sm=crossbonesgif.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=crossbonesgif.gif]
[sm=chattypair.gif]
[sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 01-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Around here it is a great time to buy the house of your choice for very cheap.
Unfortunately for a lot of people, they bought expensive houses when the job market was in great shape. Now that the job market has gone down the dumper, they are having to sell.
I feel I'm fortunate to still have the job and home I have. Hopefully the economy turns around quick,so people and families can get back on their feet.