Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: MARCH 2018 MCF Monthly Members blog

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 06:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by chifan
Both are cool cars! I got my '07 five years ago for $17,500 w/39K on the odometer. Now it's about to hit 78K in the next week. Still stock all the way, with a total repaint two years ago when I took care of a slight rust problem from its previous northern life (car was originally a Minnesota delivery). Got rid of the vinyl and went with painted stripes under the clear coat. I love my car, but I'm starting to get the itch to get something else, too.............
Thanks, so is yours! Man, I didn't know that car was a total repaint! I need to do brake rotors soon, I was thinking this year, may be next but I want to paint the calipers and brackets red when I do that. I just think the red will tie in nicely with the red engine cover.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:17 PM

Both are cool cars! I got my '07 five years ago for $17,500 w/39K on the odometer. Now it's about to hit 78K in the next week. Still stock all the way, with a total repaint two years ago when I took care of a slight rust problem from its previous northern life (car was originally a Minnesota delivery). Got rid of the vinyl and went with painted stripes under the clear coat. I love my car, but I'm starting to get the itch to get something else, too.............
That is one sweet car. Only thing negative about mine is I always wanted the '07, just were none near my price when I bought mine. Cool to have the last year! As for that itch, think about something that can make you fall in love all over with it. I sank some serious money into rebuilding the front end, and this week I'm putting even more into a serious stereo. And I'm back in love with her again! At this point I think I'm in for the long haul...hoping to leave it to my daughter, who just loves it!

Old 03-10-2018, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Thanks, so is yours! Man, I didn't know that car was a total repaint! I need to do brake rotors soon, I was thinking this year, may be next but I want to paint the calipers and brackets red when I do that. I just think the red will tie in nicely with the red engine cover.
I agree Matt! I'm going with a kit:

Power Stop KC1438 1-Click Performance Brake Kit with Caliper, Front & Rear

The Calipers are red, price seems good....I need to do that engine cover someday, I ordered a new stock one for now...

Old 03-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile another weather change?

What a change from overnite, yesterday was not to bad The temps were near 60 and the Sun was out.
My son drove over from his home with his family and helped me install a new Anderson Window for my bathroom project and we got the old one out and we installed the new one with relatively little or no issues.
Could not have done it myself.
Then this morning we went to Day lite Savings time and got a touch of winter back and the roadways were super slick, saw a Pickup and Camper jack knife into a field. Seems like the further east we drove the worse it got.
Anyway made it back with no issues and it is just cold, about 27 degrees here. I am about wintered out.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. Stepped outside this morning and it's freezing, looked at our outdoor thermometer and it said 18 degrees! Suppose to get up to an inch of snow today too. The wife and I looked at some houses this weekend.

Harvick won at Phoenix yesterday to make it 3 wins in a row for him!

2018 Standings after Las Vegas - 3/36 Races (wins in parenthesis)
#4 Kevin Harvick - 168 (3)
#18 Kyle Busch - 156
#78 Martin Truex Jr. - 156
#22 Joey Logano - 152
#12 Ryan Blaney - 152
#11 Denny Hamlin - 137
#2 Brad Keselowski - 134
#42 Kyle Larson - 131
#14 Clint Bowyer - 125
#10 Aric Almirola - 123

Old 03-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member

Guys, I have a slight problem... It seems the shop that did my last oil change broke the air box and lost one of the clips holding it closed. I have had no luck finding what I need without buying the entire system for $300+... If anyone has the upper housing (just the part under the diagonal brace) for the LS4 factory air box and the metal clips that go with it, I’d be interested in obtaining it. First show is 19 days out... Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated as always. Thanks.

chifan@grnco.net

Last edited by chifan; 03-13-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Guys, I have a slight problem... It seems the shop that did my last oil change broke the air box and lost one of the clips holding it closed. I have had no luck finding what I need without buying the entire system for $300+... If anyone has the upper housing (just the part under the diagonal brace) for the LS4 factory air box and the metal clips that go with it, I’d be interested in obtaining it. First show is 19 days out... Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated as always. Thanks.

chifan@grnco.net
Does the Impala have the same unit? Not sure how many Montes they have.
I need to make a salvage yard run this week along with some other errands, so I could check to make sure they may have one.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:12 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys. Stepped outside this morning and it's freezing, looked at our outdoor thermometer and it said 18 degrees! Suppose to get up to an inch of snow today too. The wife and I looked at some houses this weekend.

Harvick won at Phoenix yesterday to make it 3 wins in a row for him!

2018 Standings after Las Vegas - 3/36 Races (wins in parenthesis)
#4 Kevin Harvick - 168 (3)
#18 Kyle Busch - 156
#78 Martin Truex Jr. - 156
#22 Joey Logano - 152
#12 Ryan Blaney - 152
#11 Denny Hamlin - 137
#2 Brad Keselowski - 134
#42 Kyle Larson - 131
#14 Clint Bowyer - 125
#10 Aric Almirola - 123

Homes are nice to own and a good investment but they are a lot of work too. If you aren't scooping snow your raking leaves or mowing the lawn?

Harvick is going crazy with wins pretty soon the Toyota teams will start complaining and Nascar will have to give them a better edge again.

I working on the master bathroom and getting very close to the time I need to do the Tiling probably should get Zippy02 over here and get it done the right way.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Does the Impala have the same unit? Not sure how many Montes they have.
I need to make a salvage yard run this week along with some other errands, so I could check to make sure they may have one.

There is one on ebay that lists the part number as 25888383 that looks like the right part, and says on their compatibility chart that it fits the 5.3... I may have to give it a try. With shipping it's just over $100... Includes parts I don't need, but at least that's better than $300....as long as it fits....

Old 03-14-2018, 05:57 AM

Morning all! Big day today for my '06! My divorce present to myself - upgrading the stock stereo. Previous owner installed separates (cheaper Pioneer) in the front doors, but did not install the crossovers that should have come with them...and what a hack job they did! Speakers have always sounded very tinny up front....so she gets a Pioneer AVIC-8201NEX with backup camera, Focal PS-165-FX 6 1/2" separates up front, and Focal 690 AC 6X9's in the rear. Alpine PDR-F50 to power front/rear...CP210-W0v3 with two 10's from JL Audio for the Bass (It's all about that Bass!) with a JL Audio JX500/1D driving those. Car Toys here in Parker, Colorado is doing the installation, and I'm having them detail the exterior today too while it's there. By the end of the day I'll once again have a good system, will make those drives to Texas a LOT easier! I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for it! lol!. I did a pretty complete stereo install on a previous vehicle, nice to be able to afford letting pros do it this time....It'll retain the steering wheel controls and my Sirius XM also....can't wait to try out CarPlay! Going to be 70 freaking degrees here in Denver today...we seriously need some rain/snow!