Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Man am I finding the Monte parts Im looking for ! :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Man am I finding the Monte parts Im looking for ! :)

Hi guys, Im having a great time chasing down some Monte SS parts that Ive wanted and now FOUND ! I just bought a new hood for my monte (the one with the cowl induction scoop in the middle of the hood, see pics) for a steel ! $200, and then I was going to fix my heated drivers seat and the side air bag molding came apart and Im not sure how to fix it, so I just looked for a BRAND NEW SEAT, Leather, Heated w /airbag, STILL IN THE BOX ! for $200, then a brand new front bumper cover just painted Black for $100 ( i PICKED UP SOME "halo" drl) Im gonna use my old bumper cover as a practice peice to see how I can mount them , dont wanna mess up the new one. and I need to test fit a new bottom grill that I custom made for the bottom of the bumper cover its gonna ROCK and the lights came with a LED bar light that will go behind the bottom grill as the fog lights. THEN I found a pair of tail light covers (smoked) for $30. With all this and the 17 inch wheels, Im a happy camper The ONLY thing I would LOVE to do (but will NEVER be able to afford it) I want to buy a Corvette frame /chassis with motor /drive train etc... and drop the Monte Carlo SS (6th gen ) body on it.... Get it up to 900 BHP and talk about a sleeper ! a rear wheel drive Monte... COOOOOL, But dreaming is free, so why not dream BIG
I do have a question maybe one of you guys can answer, do you think that the Pontiac Mufflers will fit on the 6th gen Monte, I LOVE the sound of the Pontiac with the exact engine. I also want to get rid of my resonator, do you think that would help? I want RUMBLE (Im having one of my computers reprogrammed (I have 2). Have any of you put on the headers for the 3800 s2? I plan on that with a borla exhaust (in the future after I hit the lottery ) And 1 last question. I want to put in a PIONEER touch screen double din deck with the radio control modual for the steering wheel,BUT can I still reset all the oil life, tire monitors, etc... without the factory radio? Hey, thanks I know this ran a tad long, but I wanted to ask before I forgot.... I thank ALL of you for your help, opinions, and corrections for the mistakes I make...... you guys are great... ty...MJC

Attached Thumbnails Man am I finding the Monte parts Im looking for ! :)-3kb3m33o25z45p55r2b15564c6edd2f751365.jpg   Man am I finding the Monte parts Im looking for ! :)-chevy-impala-montecarlo-black-wheels-rims.jpg   Man am I finding the Monte parts Im looking for ! :)-blackouttlc.jpg  
Old 01-17-2011, 09:00 AM

Where in the world do you live?!
Next you're going to tell us you struck oil right?

I don't think you'll be able to reset the oil, tire, fob settings on a new deck, but you could relocate it to the glove box and still have it hooked up to do the settings.

congrats on the find that's awesome and you're saving a bunch!
I'm jealous.

Last edited by Jomao_o; 01-17-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:30 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Same here.

Turn the rest of us on to this fountain of Monte Carlo parts.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:03 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Hey send some of that wealth down by me - I'm only an hour or so south of you!

Old 01-17-2011, 02:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

i know you can reset oil life and tire pressure without the factory radio. It's been awhile so sorry if i get them messed up but i found the info from the owners manual so all ya gotta do is look. . . .
1) i think to reset the oil life you turn the key to the on position and hit the brakes three times one right after the other.
2) to reset the tire pressure turn the key to the on position and pull the headlight **** out and push it back in 3 times.
as for the rest you may be on your own, I just know those were the only 2 i ever messed with. Good luck!

Old 01-17-2011, 08:10 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

He got a '98 Intimidator too. He'll probably pick that thing up a used car lot or something.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:59 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Haha^^

I bet you could find that corvette chassis/engine for $400

Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Jester_20
i know you can reset oil life and tire pressure without the factory radio. It's been awhile so sorry if i get them messed up but i found the info from the owners manual so all ya gotta do is look. . . .
1) i think to reset the oil life you turn the key to the on position and hit the brakes three times one right after the other.
2) to reset the tire pressure turn the key to the on position and pull the headlight **** out and push it back in 3 times.
as for the rest you may be on your own, I just know those were the only 2 i ever messed with. Good luck!

Thanks, Ill give it a shot...MJC

Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Default Im looking......

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Haha^^

I bet you could find that corvette chassis/engine for $400
Ill try to..... Never know, Maybe a grandma out there that whats to get rid of her ex husbands "mid life Corvette" LOL.....MJC

Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Default What I do...

Heres ALL I DO...... I do a search for Monte carlo parts in an area of 400 miles. That being said, I pay my son to go pick the stuff up. NOW To show you what I mean, I JUST PASSED on a BRAND NEW Front bumper cover and right front fender(both STILL in the BOX !) do the search in the Toledo Craigslist and you will see it for $100 dollars !!! for BOTH !!!! ( I was going to buy the front bumper cover to make a custom front end. doing alot of fiberglass work to it. BUT I was gonna sell the fender for $100 (GM part) so it was just ggonna be a side project as a test (for the Halo DRL where the fog lights go and so on.... I just look everywhere ! IF you are looking for a part for your Monte, ASK and I WILL FIND it !!!! When I put my mind to it, its like I cant stop till I find it. PLUS I have some friends and relitives living all over for local pick up..... thanks, just wanted to clear up how I find these things... MJC

Quick Reply: Man am I finding the Monte parts Im looking for ! :)