Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Mall shooting - Why...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default Mall shooting - Why...

I sat an listened careful to the woman who took his young man in, and she quoted a few lines the kid's letter, and a couple grabbed my attention, "I am sorry. I have been a piece of **** all my life.Well... at leastI will die famous." Apparently the kid lost his job and girlfriend, pushing him over the edge. BUT:

Everyone wants to leave on mark on this earth that says, "Hey... I was here!" With most people, that is their children. With others, it is their good works or kindness, teachings, charity. With some it building a building, or running for office, or even becoming a great athlete or actor. Some... unfortunately, choose a very easy and destructive way to leave a mark --CRIME & MURDER!

Let the descussion begin:

Old 12-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Default RE: Mall shooting - Why...

[align=center]Human Being are inherently fragile beings.[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The human mind/brain is so complex, and[/align][align=center]many have been programmed without[/align][align=center]a delete key. I think we are the sum total[/align][align=center]of our programming/input/teachings/experience.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]To me, "Everything is just a State of Mind, for[/align][align=center]what are we without a `Mind ?,[/align][align=center]Just a body that can't Think".[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Think about `it.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's so sad to read about humans that lose[/align][align=center]control of their `Mind, their selves : ([/align][align=center]If I wasn't studying for finals, I would like to contribute[/align][align=center]more thoughts on the subject. I look forward to[/align][align=center]reading the member's posts input. [/align][align=center]Thanks `Craig[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo Forum[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click on below link [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/[/align]

Old 12-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's tragic that this happened, and that innocent people had to suffer and pay the price because of someone who couldn't handle the stress in his life. It's a shame that this guy felt the need to spread his misery onto other people and their families. There are lots of ways to get help. Talk to someone, anyone. Find something your interested in and join a team or club. Too many people are spending way too much time alone, separated from people. People need to get out and get involved in their community and interact with some real people and do something constructive. This obviously does not include gang activity, which enforces destructive activity.

I feel sorry for all those affected by this guy's final selfish act. And I pray that all those grieving will find peace and healing for their loss.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:28 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Craig, you already said it. His 15 minutes of fame.

Disagree if you want but I blame the News media for a lot of this. They glamorize stuff like this. Making the shooters into almost folk heroes and the next guy that wants his 15 minutes thinks "I should go in McDonalds and open fire."

Ipersonally also blame video games and parents for a lot of these shootings. Video games teach kids how to be a good shot and parents think it's up to the rest of us to correct and raise their kids for them. They don't want the responsibility of doing the job. Plus all they see is mom & dad being the kids best bud on TV so who wants to go against this? They want to be the kids best bud, too. Don't correct them when they've been bad. Be their bud and support them.

My parents always kept an eye on what we were doing. They got up off their @$$ and came looking for us. To make sure we weren't doing something we shouldn't have. I remember once the guy I grew up with and I were bulling a kid from around the corner from us. It was my friend's idea to do it. (oh sure, right rj)

My mother caught us and fanned both of our backsides. She sent my friend home and I got sent to my room. The point here is she took an active roll in correcting us. She didn't leave it up to the state. But now days you can go to prison just for telling your kid "No."

Old 12-06-2007, 01:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

My deepest concolences go out to everyone in Omaha.

I hate moving the topic, but why are there so many depressed white guys in small towns?

This never happens in L.A. or N.Y. or S.F.

I guess life is so fast here, white people don't have time to think about being depressed.

I dunno????

Old 12-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

RJ... We have difinitely screwed up our society here in the United States, when I see a bill is up that says if you spank your kid on the behind, you can be arrested. HOW STUPID!!!

I got a swats for miss behaving in school... I deserved everyone I got!

You're right... a neighbor could see me screwing up and could come out and swat me for it, and chances are, my parents would swat me again. Guess what, I'm just fine...

WE (in the United States) have REALLY allowed our country to go to heck! Spanking a kid on the butt is a criminal offense! We throw kids out of school for a year because they shot a spit wad or the best one yet, for carrying a finger nail clipper that had a file attachment (Deadly Weapon). WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO COMMON SENSE!!!

Criminals get sentenced to 10-years get out in 2-years because of over crowding - WHAT! Since when was prison suppose to be fun! Since when does a criminal get special medical treatment and a poor man dies becuse he has no medical care.

There are so many cases of PURE STUPIDITY at this point, it is hard to point to one and say, SEE! this is the problem. The problem is EVERYWHERE!!!

We don't need to go back to an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, but we DO NEED to go back to common sense.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:15 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i see both sides of the video game argument... it gives you a simulation of killing instead of actually doing it... btu remember the columbine guys? Doom was their favorite game... they practiced on it day and night, and practiced with the real guns in the woods even. i just wander if any stupid laws will be made as a result of this... like in columbine they made a rule "you can't wear trench coats to school". okay, maybe. but waht about "you can't wear camoflauge to school". same school had a school uniform... they should have made camoflauge the uniform and then the shooters would have a harder time finding them. sorry if i'm taking this too lightheartedly, and if I come across as cold... humor is just my way of dealing with grief.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:11 PM

I really don't think it is worth the time trying to find out why someone does what they do...Honestly I don't think we will ever understand. Its a tragedy

Old 12-06-2007, 08:46 PM

If I had to guess one cause that creates actions like this one, I would have to say it is a lack of parenting. Give the kid everything they want and don't pay any attention to them is a bad mix.

God Bless Omaha for their misfortune.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: odessadude

If I had to guess one cause that creates actions like this one, I would have to say it is a lack of parenting. Give the kid everything they want and don't pay any attention to them is a bad mix.

God Bless Omaha for their misfortune.
Bingo. IMHO, the destruction of the traditional American family structure is the primary reason kidsare so screwed-up nowadays. There are a host of related reasons as well, butit all began with the destruction of the family.Who is to blame for this? Leftists, andthe Brotherhood of Attorneys. When the United States government (which is infested with attorneys) decided that it wouldreward moms for being single, well,one didn't have to bea rocket scientist tosee what was going to happen down the road.Andnow,we're there. All those babies born tounmarried babies, trying to do nothing but increase their government handouts, are all grown up... andarearmed with AK-47's.

We are a nation of morons, my friends, and are now reaping what we have allowed to be sown.

Quick Reply: Mall shooting - Why...