Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

This Makes You Stop And Think

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 06:57 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default This Makes You Stop And Think

A friend sent me this.

I hope everyone takes the time to read it. If you haven't already?

http://www.therant.us/guest/e_jeffers/02012007.htm

Old 02-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Default RE: This Makes You Stop And Think

being that i am a member of the u s army i take the words that he says to heart cause i understand exactly what he is talking about and going through. please people i am asking you to support the troops. everything that is said here believe it or not makes its way around the world to where troops are and they hear it.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:12 PM

Wow, that was deep. Great read! I am interested in joining the military, but my wife said that she would divorce me if I did!

Old 02-24-2007, 09:22 PM

are you serious? why would she tell you that it is not a bad job believe me and the benefits are great.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:51 AM
rj
15 Year Member

When I was going to college one of my professors told the local recuiters about me. They called and asked me to sign up.

My father was in the Marines. He has a Purple Heart. Someplace he got a Gold Star but who's it is or where it came from I have no idea? He never talks about it?

I do know one of my nephews asked for his Purple Heart and my father was intent on giving it to him. I protested!!

For one cause I asked for it YEARS before hand when I was little. For another "I" happen to be his son............ NOT my nephew.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 02-26-2007, 12:23 AM

Great read RJ,I'm glad you shared..........it's easy
to get rapped up in our own little worlds and forget
the hell those boys are living so we can continue
to live in our little worlds .
DINO KY

Old 02-26-2007, 10:39 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: rj
A friend sent me this.
I hope everyone takes the time to read it. If you haven't already?

http://www.therant.us/guest/e_jeffers/02012007.htm
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align][align=center]R.J.[/align][align=center]Yes, your post made me Stop & Think.[/align][align=center]

[align=center]Hope Rides Alone[/align]

[align=center]USASgt. Eddie Jeffers, USA (Iraq)
February 1, 2007[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks You: Sgt Jeffers![/align][align=center]

[:-]Click it [:-]
[align=center]
[/align]
.[/align][align=center]I try to keep updated on World affairs, but find the news depressing, but it[/align][align=center]always reminds me how fortunate I am or we are to be in the USA.[/align][align=center]I wish our country would lead by example & not by force.[/align][align=center]I believe we should take care of our own house, before we[/align][align=center]go to ourneighborsor others and tell them how to take care of theirs.[/align][align=center]Our country has many problems that are unresolved & I[/align][align=center]wish that we would address and correct those problems, before[/align][align=center]we go to others and attempt to resolve theirs.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Via: OneNewsNow.com Illegal aliens are killing more Americans than the Iraq war, says a new
report from Family Security Matters that estimates some 2,158 murders
are committed every year by illegal aliens in the U.S. The group says
that number is more than 15 percent of all the murders reported by the
Federal Bureau of Investigation in the U.S. and about three times the
representation of illegal aliens in the general population.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.familysecuritymatters.org....php?id=743605[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Have we won the War on Crime in the USA ?[/align][align=center]Have we protected our citizens with Health Care ?[/align][align=center]Fill in the Blank______________[/align][align=center]USA is spending billions in other countries, but[/align][align=center][i][font="times new roman baltic"][size=5]avoiding the needs of Ameri

Old 02-26-2007, 03:22 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Thanks for taking the time to read this over. [sm=smiley20.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Although I love my country very much I do not agree on some of the things it does. Like forcing other people in other countries to live by our rules. How would we feel if someone tried that with us?

Yes we need to take a stand against evil in the world. And yes I know freedom isn't free.

But like was mentioned let's concentrate on fixing some of our problems before we fix problems for someone .... ELSE!

Healthcare is a huge issue here. It's A-okay people who're here illegally get "FREE" healthcare but people like girlfriend stuggle with the junk her employer calls healthcare. Or my parents. Since Mopar decided to drop all their retiries my parents have to pay their own now. (thanks for 30 years of service... NOT!)

How about the TV commercials that tell you of starving people in other countries? Please help them.
But no one mentions the people in this country who go hungry daily.

If the U.S. doesn't wake up soon we won't have to worry about healthcare cause we won't haveany jobs in this country other then McDonalds or Wendy's.

I'll stop now.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:01 AM

[align=center][sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align][align=center]
ORIGINAL: rj
Thanks for taking the time to read this over. [sm=smiley20.gif]Your Welcome

Although I love my country very much I do not agree on some of the things it does. Like forcing other people in other countries to live by our rules. How would we feel if someone tried that with us?[/align][align=center]I would not like it [X(]

Yes we need to take a stand against evil in the world. And yes I know freedom isn't free.for sure : (

But like was mentioned let's concentrate on fixing some of our problems before we fix problems for someone .... ELSE!

Healthcare is a huge issue here. It's A-okay people who're here illegally get "FREE" healthcare but people like girlfriend stuggle with the junk her employer calls healthcare. Or my parents. Since Mopar decided to drop all their retiries my parents have to pay their own now. (thanks for 30 years of service... NOT!)[/align][align=center]That's really Sad RJ [X(]

How about the TV commercials that tell you of starving people in other countries? Please help them.
But no one mentions the people in this country who go hungry daily.There are Millions in the USA : (

If the U.S. doesn't wake up soon we won't have to worry about healthcare cause we won't haveany jobs in this country other then McDonalds or Wendy's. Wake UP ?
I'll stop now.
[/align][align=center][sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align][align=center]Main Entry: sov·er·eign·ty
Function: noun

1 obsolete : supreme excellence or an example of it[/i] [/i]
2 a : supreme power especially over a body politic[/i] [/i]b : freedom from external control : AUTONOMY [/i][/i]c : controlling influence[/i] [/i]
3 : one that is sovereign[/i] ; especially : an autonomous state = having the right or power of self-government[/i] [/i]b : undertaken or carried on without outside control [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Legalizing Crime[:-]
[/align]

[blockquote][align=center]The state has a monopoly on behaviour usually deemed criminal. It murders, kidnaps, and locks up people. Sovereignty has come to be identified with the unbridled - and exclusive - exercise of violence. The emergence of modern international law has narrowed the field of permissible conduct. A sovereign can no longer commit genocide or ethnic cleansing with impunity, for instance.[/align]Many acts - such as the waging of aggressive war, the mistreatment of minorities, the suppression of the freedom of association - hitherto sovereign privilege, have thankfully been criminalized. Many politicians, hitherto immune to international prosecution, are no longer so. Consider Yugoslavia's Milosevic and Chile's Pinochet.
But, the irony is that a similar trend of criminalization - within national legal systems - allows governments to oppress their citizenry to an extent previously unknown. Hitherto(up to that time)civil torts, permissible acts, and common behaviour patterns are routinely criminalized by legislators and regulators. Precious few are decriminalized.[align=center][sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/7DA4F5636702405584FFB255138D7533.jpg[/IMG] [/align][/blockquote]

Old 02-27-2007, 03:17 PM
rj
15 Year Member

If the U.S. doesn't wake up soon we won't have to worry about healthcare cause we won't haveany jobs in this country other then McDonalds or Wendy's. Wake UP ?

My point, these types of jobs usually do not offer healthcare to employees. I worked at KFC while going to college. They sure didn't offer any.

I'vealso worked jobs theylet youupto the point of getting healthcare then got rid of you.

The company my girlfriend worksfor they changed providers every januaryfirst ofthe upcoming year. She's been there close to 10 years now and had 8 healthcare providers. You can't imagethe junk she'sbeen through with this. For instance you have surgerydecember 16. But january 1st you get new coverage. Now the people you used to have healthcare with say they aren't going to cover bills from the dec 16th surgery because you're no longer with their company. Now you have to fight with them for monthsto get the mess cleaned up.

Think the employer cares?
All that matters to them is saving a buck.

Quick Reply: This Makes You Stop And Think