Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

lucky me

Old 01-23-2011, 12:14 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default lucky me

Tonight punks drove by and shot out the back windshield of my '94 Shadow.
(@#$%^%&^$#%^&&* little %@^)

Looks like they got at least 5 neighbors as well.

Why do people have to be so distructive? I blame the parents for not teaching their punks kids to respect other people.

So now I have to find a glass shop and hope they can get a replacement glass for a car 17 years old. And I get to pay the first $100.

The only bright spot of this. They didn't shoot the windows of my '93 Shadow. It was setting right beside the '94.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

idiots, same thing happened here recently!

Old 01-23-2011, 12:22 AM
rj
15 Year Member

The lady cop said they hit the south side of town last night. Tonight was the east side.

That leaves two sides left. Think they could manage to catch the punks before they did too much more damage?

I'd sure like to get my hands on them.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:50 AM

Sucks to hear, atleast it didn't end worst.

On a side note, i am currently watching Gran Torino for the first time, and it's badass.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

We use to have a glass shop that would pad their prices to cover deductibles. Maybe with some smooth talking you can get a good deal where your at. Good luck.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:42 AM

I'm sorry the hear that. that happen a few year ago here in Albuquerque.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:19 AM

Hi R.J,
First, I'm was happy 2 read that no one was hurt/killed. Your window can be replaced ~> U Can't...
2nd, I'm glad you have insurance to cover most of the cost...
In Florida there are many new teen gangs & kids carrying guns : ( Yes, I believe the parents did not teach or instruct their children....It's sad that many have to live in fear in the USA & our World...
Below are a few stat's:
The Facts About Kids and Guns

Each year, there are 34,000 gun-related deaths in the U.S. How many of those dead are children, and has that number increased in the last few years? Here are the facts.
Safety expert Gavin de Becker found out while researching his books, The Gift of Fear and Protecting the Gift, that:
  • Every day, about 75 American children are shot. Most recover — 15 do not.
  • The majority of fatal accidents involving a firearm occur in the home.
  • Gunshot wounds are the single most common cause of death for women in the home, accounting for nearly half of all homicides and 42 percent of suicides.
  • An adolescent is twice as likely to commit suicide if a gun is kept in the home.
  • More teenage boys in America die from gunfire than from car accidents.
  • Gunshot wounds are now the leading cause of death for teenage boys in America (white, African-American, urban, and suburban).
Researchers at familyeducation.com have collected the following statistics on kids and guns:
  • Twenty-nine percent of high-school boys have at least one firearm; most are intended for hunting and sporting purposes.
    Six percent say they carry a gun outside the home.
    The National Institute of Justice, 1998

Read more on FamilyEducation: http://life.familyeducation.com/scho...#ixzz1Brco3OsA

Old 01-23-2011, 10:06 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, glad you weren't in the car. Why does shooting a windshield prove in the first place? Must be some Dodge haters in the crowd.

the thing around here has always been tipping over tombstones. No idea why they do this either. Hope they catch those rascals!

Old 01-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There was a drunken idiot here a couple weeks ago. When the bars closed for the night, he smashed the sideview mirror off every car parked on the street along his walk home. About a one mile stretch. Not just the glass mirror, he busted the entire sideview mirror assembly right off the car. Police suspect he used a bat or something similar.

Sorry to hear about the damage to the Shadow, and everyone else's cars.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:39 AM

I've never understood the thrill of destroying the property of faceless complete strangers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lucky me