Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Loyalty + Disappointment = Rant

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Default RE: Loyalty + Disappointment = Rant

The first step is admitting you have a problem. That problem is being a cubs fan. You have locked yourself into a lifetime of disapointment. For your own sanity jump on the bandwagon of another team, because the cubs are going nowhere.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:56 PM

lol sry knightfan but i must agree with teacher...u have a problem

Old 10-14-2008, 09:48 PM

51% Cubs fan/49% Phillies fan. Fell in love with Wrigley Field back in June of 1984. I need to get back out there again. The last time I was there was in 1991. For the past couple of years I always try to see a game in Philly when the Cubs come to town. Saw them this past May in Philly, of course the Cubs lost. I wasn't shocked to see the Cubs fall so fast in the playoffs.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:51 AM

ORIGINAL: knightfan26917

ORIGINAL: Bob Hall

51% Cubs fan/49% Phillies fan. Fell in love with Wrigley Field back in June of 1984.
Ah, you must be on Cloud 9 right about now...congrats to your Phillies for heading to the World Series!

As for Wrigley...June 1984...June 23 ... the Sandberg Game vs. St Louis and Bruce Sutter. Were you at that game?

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Suspicions lead to questions" ... Ronnie Milsap ... 'Stranger In My House'
Yeah, I'm definitely happy. Thanks! It brought back great memories to hear Harry Kalas say "the Phils are going to the World Series!" When that man is gone, baseball will never be the same to me. To me he is the voice of baseball.

I wasn't there for that game. It was on a Friday or Saturday and the Phillies were in town. I can't recall the date (since I was only 8 years old) but I do recall the Cubs lost.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:56 AM

How about them RedSox? Down by 7 with a gun to their heads and they make the Ray's pack-up the Champagne and send it back to where they bought it. The store won't take it back! So, the Champagne has to get shipped out of town so people can't buy it and put it on eBay!

Quick Reply: Loyalty + Disappointment = Rant