Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Loving too much?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'll probably be in for acould g's if not more when i'm done..but thats not for a while... frame is gunna be first... once the motors out i'm calling multiple frame places

Old 11-06-2009, 11:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

aww yeah i have that same problem! a lot of the young people down here in pensacola around my age criticize the hell out of my car. Like I'm actually planning on deleting my account from three local forums here bcuz i'm so sick of it. And yeah i flip out too whenever people like lean up on my car or bump or slap the doors or anything of that nature. It's like really? Have some respect! And my parents paid a hell of a lot of money on it too. It sucks but its whatever i'm happy with my car and thats all that matters =] but yes it's probably just a jealousy thing going on for sure bcuz i mean who wouldn't be jealous of a monte carlo =] they're just so gorgeous!

Old 11-06-2009, 11:58 AM

It's not loving too much, it's just that some [most] people don't care about their car, some don't seem to care about anything anymore. But most people have one thing they care about, you just need to find people who either care about cars, or care about you enough to car about your car.
My wife still gigs me when I drive and park in the far end of the parking lot usually near a light, but not under it, she'll say you parked so far away we might as well have just walked here from home, and I say go ahead next time.. and we start walking towards the store.
She know I care about my cars and she does her best to car about my cars as well, she could never be at my level, but she does it cause she loves me. Just like I care about her jewelry, only because she cares about it other wise I wouldn't ever even notice jewelry.

Dump that smoking B/F he is a chump. Ignore the ones that don't care. The ones that are worth knowing will respect your feelings.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:48 PM

Nobody smokes in my car. Not even my mother. And my mother is the bitchy type that does what she wants regardless... I don't even want to have to regale a story of the time I had to have my now ex husband remove her from my condo, she was smoking in it and the home owners association didn't allow it.

She learned that when I say something, you better do it. If I have no qualms with stopping talking to my own MOTHER because she disrespects me and my rules, you BETTER believe that I will stop talking to anybody who's supposedly a "friend"!!!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I get the "its just a car" comment sometimes...but for the most part, EVERYONE that knows me, knows how I am about my cars, especially since I got the Monte. All my friends and family know that I will go off like a crazy person if they don't take some care for my car when they are in or around it.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I yelled at my roommate yesterday for opening a lollipop in my car.

She didn't think she deserved the attitude, I didn't think she deserved a ride home :P

Old 11-10-2009, 11:22 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

all my friends critisie my car all the time (mainly b/c its a jeff gordon edition) but its whatev, its the car we always take everywhere & its prob one of the rarest cars around only one car comes close to bein as rare & thats a 6spd maxima so they can say what they want but i know there jealous of it , its always clean & no dents, wash & wax every weekend i envested alot of $$ in my car & im gonna take care of it

Old 11-10-2009, 05:50 PM

My friend makes fun of me because he's never seen a hispanic guy with an 'muscle car', or atleast a Chevy (american). He saved his money and invest in buying an 05/06 Toyota Corolla SRS or w/e, and i patiently looked around found my Monte used, he was all in my face telling me why buy used, why american. Now, I LOOVE cruising around with my black Intimidator and just looking at him ... with a smirk saying lets go at it; just kidding though, ...he never takes up on my offer. hahaha
I love our Montes...and yeah, i love her too much.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:28 PM

go at it? Dude you'd wax his ***.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:35 PM

Aww now, don't encourage me. :P
I'll see him this weekend, i'll run my offer by him again to see what he says

Quick Reply: Loving too much?