Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Loving too much?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
Default Loving too much?

I get more and more criticized for loving my Lucy. I never brag about it, but people just treat like ****. One time my friend borrowed which I was against, he ended up somking in it. Which is a big no. What was I to do? he had no car and he had to get some where?Tonight one of my friends who owns a 81' Rabbit says it's better, and well, worth more. He's restoring the rust bucket... He talks, bla bla. We were in Warren ohio (which is pretty much Youngstown) and I didnt want to get out of car, he made fun of me and said "yeah you have have insurance on it, they'll replace it"...Sorry buddy. Im even cracked for not wanting to drive it in the winter. Anyone else experience this?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:18 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yea, when people are jealous they will do anything to take shot at you.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:49 AM

Agreed. I have noticed my friends hanging out with me LESS now that I have THIS monte as opposed to my white 98 original Monte. They think I'm **** for washing her every weekend. This is why MY car looks like new, and theirs looks like.... well... not new. And VW owners being pompous asses is a VW owner trait... it's a common trend among them. They think their VW's are bad ***.

Until a Monte blows it's doors off....stock.

Floyd....Warren? I used to *ahem* date a weirdo from Warren. He owned a pontiac.

Last edited by moonlitmagik; 11-06-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Don't worry about them, They're the **** ones for driving a VW! Could be a Honda, a Furd, or whatever. They're just being ****.
As far as your friend, not much of a friend if he disrespects you enough to smoke in your car, IMHO. Let him walk. 1st time shame on you, 2nd time shame on me. NO 2ND TIME! Next time he'll get a door ding in it, or WORSE! It's not his car, he obviously doesn't care. Isn't that why you have insurance? NOT! Not much of a friend. Sorry.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

I am glad i have only had a few experiances like that but i also flipped out on one when he opened the door and SMACK right into a concreet pole... and was like o look at your car not like it matters

in my monte.... i started yelling are you F'in kidding me lets go get your f'in car and let me do it to your see how you would like it... my car may not be worth tons but to me it's worth everything

To me you don't just disrespect my car like that and get away with it...if there is damage your payin for the ****(luckly no damage) and i sure hope you cab get a ride from someone else back becuase

with that disrespect you arn't riding with me... we were meeting a group of people for a bbq all of them heard it and agree's 100%... treat my car the way you want your treated

Last edited by The Popcorn King; 11-06-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's not loving it too much.

It's treating a car properly, they are a huge investment. Those who treat their cars like crap might as well go flush some money down a toilet and then buy a $500 car.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Thanks JJ...
MIKE how do i fall in that catigory? i bought my monte for $400??

Old 11-06-2009, 09:30 AM

15 Year Member

but you bought it with the intentions of fixing it up.

People who hate cars should just buy a cheap car since they don't take care of them, just drive them 'til they break.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:33 AM

i agree 100% with everyone... my car might not be worth more then 4000$ in the blue book or what ever the hell its called...

But its still my car and i plan on driving her for as long as i can (id rather drop 10g's in it to make it new again then to spend 20g's on a brand new car)

slowly but surely your ride eventually becomes what you want it to be, even if u only put $2,000 in her... its not the money its the time, seeing as most of us do the work ourselves!!

But we all have at least one of those friends, dont we? lol... i hate hearing "Why would you dump money in that car when you could just use that as a down payment for a brand new one"... again, it makes the car your rid, the same as you would make your house your home!

to much babling? sorry... hehe

Old 11-06-2009, 09:44 AM

15 Year Member

I'm at about $6,000 worth of stuff for my car this year alone.

Yeah that could be another used car, but I don't care.

Quick Reply: Loving too much?