Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Looks like we got hit!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 01:16 PM

These are usually created by an automated "spam-bot". Doesn't the forum registration here use a captcha for verification?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

well bumped a buch so atleast it's off the home page man that was interesting...

Old 09-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hmm, i guess i missed something!!!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 05:49 PM

Hi Chris, this afternoon a new member posted over
50 X rated **** sites.
They have been deleted & member banned from the MCF.
There were no Mod's on site when it happened.
When I woke up from my power nap, I logged on
and thought I was on the wrong forum : )
You did not miss anything that was good.
I just don't understand the motive's of some
people. But there are some very sick/mental people
on the web & in our World. It's sad, so very sad.

Wish You & the reader of this a Happy,
EnJoy your Present, your `Now...

Old 09-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Working night shift means I have to sleep during the day. Sorry I missed it.

Many appologies.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:22 PM

yeah i was on when it happened. the whole forum was covered in a matter of a minute it seemed. really caught me off guard lol.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Like most of you are aware, it was done by a spam bot. Spreads tons of crap really fast. Space and I have been spending the past few days keeping an eye on suspicious new accounts that were similar in profile to the one this afternoon. And they were banned, or their accounts were deleted before any posts were made. This one was really quick.

Most sites gets hit like this from time to time. It's inevitable. Staff tries their best to get it before it happens, or delete it as quickly as possible.

Space and JJ have done an incredible job behind the scenes lately to eliminate spammers before they get a chance to do real damage. It's an almost thankless job because it's a job that is never seen by anyone but the staff. All the staff here (past and present) work very hard to try to stop this before it happens. But occasionally some is going to make it through.

I appologize to everyone for the crap that was posted this afternoon. I can't promise it'll never happen again. But I will try harder to prevent it.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
Default thank you moderators for the great work behind the scenes!!

Originally Posted by Taz
Like most of you are aware, it was done by a spam bot. Spreads tons of crap really fast. Space and I have been spending the past few days keeping an eye on suspicious new accounts that were similar in profile to the one this afternoon. And they were banned, or their accounts were deleted before any posts were made. This one was really quick.

Most sites gets hit like this from time to time. It's inevitable. Staff tries their best to get it before it happens, or delete it as quickly as possible.

Space and JJ have done an incredible job behind the scenes lately to eliminate spammers before they get a chance to do real damage. It's an almost thankless job because it's a job that is never seen by anyone but the staff. All the staff here (past and present) work very hard to try to stop this before it happens. But occasionally some is going to make it through.

I appologize to everyone for the crap that was posted this afternoon. I can't promise it'll never happen again. But I will try harder to prevent it.

this forum is the best one i've ever been associated with!! actually, it is the first, so i guess i got lucky on that and also having a sweet monte carlo like everyone on here!! again thanks JJ, Space and Taz for the great work behind the scenes!!

please take a moment and give thanks to our great moderators on this site!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:16 PM

I missed and I am glad. Thank you for killing it.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Was it someone playing a prank?? Or was it spyware stuff haha, cuz raids on civic forums are fun, not that i would do that of course

Quick Reply: Looks like we got hit!