Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Long Time No See

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 07:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default Long Time No See

Hey everyone. Its been a while but Im back. Anyone miss me? Well I have been without internet here for quite a while. I will officially never do business with Verizon again. I ordered High speed internet from the on the first of June. I recieved the router and installation equipment on the 4th. My activation date was set for the 10th. I got a call on the 9th saying my activation date had been pushed back to the 16th. After a few hours on the phone with Verizon and after being left on hold once and having my call dropped quite a few times, I got my activation date set for the 11th. Come the 11th, my internet still didnt work. I called technical support and they were set to come out monday the 14th. After waiting for them all day I got a call saying they couldnt make it and had to come the next day. So tuesday the 15th, they were set to come between 8 and 12. They didnt show up until 12:15. The tech guy spent 2 hours working on it and finally got it to work. Then not 10 minutes after he left it quit working again. Well at this point it was WAY over due for me to cancel my service with verizon forever. I called Comcast the same day I canceled Verizon and they came out today and in a half hour, did was Verizon couldnt do in 15 days. Now I am happy to say I have internet.

Well so here is an update on everything. I am setting in really well into my house. I have everything done I plan on doing for now.

I had my car torn apart while I was away to change the lower intake manifold which was SOOOO much fun let me tell you.

Oh yeah, I got a PUPPY! Her name is Rudy and she is a 3 month old Lab/pitt mix. I adopted her from the local humane society and she is sitting here trying to help me type this thread at the moment. Shes not good at typing...

I will have pictures of my place and the new puppy here later tonight after I transfer the pics from my camera to the computer. I hope everyone had a good day.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Matt!

Lisa

Old 06-22-2010, 07:32 PM

Great to see you're back.
Comcast ftw :P
Verizon is overrated :-j

Old 06-22-2010, 07:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

WB Matt. Justin and i were just talking about you the other day. Wondering what had happened to you.

I HATE Verizon. Thats why we dropped them years ago. We have Comcast right now and love it.

Cant wait to see pics.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hi Matt, glad you're back dude...

Old 06-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Matt! Glad to see you back dude!

Congrats on saving Rudy from the pound.

I've heard nothing but bad stories about Verizon. But you got things straightened out now. And you can now go on the net and look up por....ted engines.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:23 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Problems with Verizon? I know this girl here in town who is having problems with texting through them.

However, my family has been doing business with Alltel before they were merged with Verizon. My dad's service with his phone in his 18 wheeler dates back to when they were Sprint Wireless, then 360 communications, then Alltel, then Verizon, anD I hope I got that order right. So near 17 years and not really any problems to speak of that were major. We have it out more with Time Warner Cable than anybody.

But it's good to hear that you're settling nicely. I've had another little sabatical from teh forum myself here lately, so I can relate to being gone. IT seems like everytime yo ucome back, it's a whole new crowd here awaiting you.

And it seems like nearly anything but getting in these cars and driving them is a pain sometimes. Well, changing an air cleaner maybe. The cabin filter isn't too bad. Other than that, sheesh!!!

But it's good to have you back, Matt. Pull up a chair and stay awhile!

Old 06-22-2010, 08:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Its good to be back. My fingers are rested and ready for some typing. Well here are the pics I promised. More to come as the terror gets older.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rudy is a great lookin dog Matt. Nice work you did on the house too!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I love your place man. Rudy looks like she is going to be a great companion.

Quick Reply: Long Time No See