Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Let someone have my Monte today....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 06:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I held a snake at an event last Halloween. It was really heavy and didn't feel at all like I expected. I have a pic somewhere but i cant find it. I don't mind them but if I came across one unexpectedly I would probably jump and scream like a little girl at first but once I got past the initial shock I'd be fine.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:18 AM

Great way to protect your Engine...I'd put one inside also
I'd start the car up & drive it to a Quick Lube & video the respond when the kid opened the Hood (LOL)

We have a problem in south Florida with a invasion of monster snakes (Most were pets & grew to large & people just let them lose....They breed & now there are many...I have great respect for them 4-Sure....

I agree with `Grizz, Black snakes are good to have around...We have many in my area...+ gators always try'in to get in2 the warehouses when I work & live

`Duane, LoL ~> I thought I was going to read that you let someone use your Monte & that you regreted it, but I was surprised to see that large snake as a engine cover

Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I don't care if it's just a garden snake...I do NOT like snakes. They creep me out. LOL

Old 09-28-2012, 08:21 AM

`Space HighJack:
Huge pet snake problem in Florida

August 19, 2012|By Laura Bevan
The gigantic 17-foot, 7-inch Burmese python – laden with a record-setting 87 eggs – recently captured in Everglades National Park represents the enormity of the problem of allowing non-native constrictor snakes to be kept as pets in Florida and across the country.
Hundreds of dangerous incidents, such as attacks, escapes or intentional releases of pythons, boa constrictors and anacondas, have been reported in nearly every state. Dangerous snakes have been found in city parks, along rural community roads, and in apartment buildings, gardens and high school football fields. Large constrictor states have killed infants as young as 7 months old as well as experienced reptile handlers.

Giant Burmese python sets Florida record for size, fertility

<CITE style="LINE-HEIGHT: 2.2em; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline-block !important; FONT-FAMILY: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; COLOR: rgb(125,125,125); FONT-SIZE: 12px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle" id=yui_3_5_1_21_1348838310570_368 class="byline vcard">By Barbara Liston | Reuters – <ABBR style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; FONT-VARIANT: normal; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px" title=2012-08-14T19:36:04Z>Tue, Aug 14, 2012</ABBR></CITE>

• Enlarge Photo
    Reuters/Reuters - United States Geological Survey (USGS) researchers recapture a 17-foot, 7-inch (5.36 m) long Burmese python in Everglades National Park near Homestead, Florida in this handout photo taken …more
RELATED CONTENT

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - A Burmese python found in Florida set records as the largest such snake ever captured in the state at 17-feet, 7-inches and the most prolific reproducer carrying a record load of 87 eggs, according to researchers.
The previous Florida record setters were a 16-foot, 8-inch python and 85 eggs.
"It was huge," said Paul Ramey, spokesman for the Florida Natural History Museum at the University of Florida in Gainesville. To perform the necropsy, researchers "had to put three tables together and it took at least four people to pick it up and get it on the tables,"Ramey said on Tuesday.
Burmese pythons are native to Southeast Asia. The snake was captured in April in the Everglades National Park by researchers studying the impact of the pythons on native species. The eggs were discovered on Friday, university researchers said in a statement.
Ramey said Burmese pythons, which have no natural predators in Florida, became established in the state in 2000. Previous studies determined that Florida has the world's worst invasive reptile and amphibian problem, he said.
Part of the python invasion is attributed to pet owners dumping exotic pets when the creatures become too difficult to manage at home.
Ramey said Burmese pythons in the wild in Asia are known to reach 20 to 25 feet in length, so researchers fully expect that eventually someone will find a 20-foot Burmese python in Florida.
After researchers finish with the snake, the skeleton or skin of its nearly 165-pound (75-kg) carcass is expected to be placed on public display, Ramey said.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:38 PM

It does not have teeth like that it cannot do real harm lol. It will hurt but dont make your arm rot off like a rattler would.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:05 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Do they chase you? Haha

Old 09-29-2012, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Do they chase you? Haha

EnZo `Brock, I heard they only chase people from
Nubraska ~> LOL ~> 4-Sure ~ > LOL

Old 09-29-2012, 07:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

A NEW PET! !!
Ill take the cute python home!!

Old 09-29-2012, 10:38 AM

Some aggressive snakes will chase you but those dont live around where I am at most of them let you walk away.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

aww he's just cold! lol

Quick Reply: Let someone have my Monte today....