Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The LAST Monte

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:20 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default The LAST Monte

on wensday august 15th, manheims statesville auto auction will have a special auction for second to last SALEABLE monte carlo produced. last one to come off of oshawa assembly line will be put in heritage collection. the 2007 monte ss coupe red with silver stripes was signed at this years brickyard 400 nascar race by team chevy cup drivers. i cant wait to see what it goes for

http://2kmc.mymonte.com/discussion/v...ic.php?t=12872

This was posted on 2000 MC.
Thought the MCF members would like to read it.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Default RE: The LAST Monte

RJ, good find
Below is from the Motor Trend Forum
don't know if anyone is really going to care, but i just got this in my inbox from GM. it's details on the last Monte Carlo for sale by auction (but officially the second to last produced) to be rolling off the line:

--------------------------

Last Saleable Monte Carlo
Last "Saleable" Monte Carlo, Signed by Team Chevy NASCAR Drivers, Featured at Special August 15 GM Sponsored Auction Event

On Wednesday, August 15, Manheim’s Statesville Auto Auction in Statesville, NC, is holding a special sale in which the second-to-last, or last "saleable" Chevrolet Monte Carlo produced, will be auctioned off to the highest bidding dealer.

1-The last vehicle to come off the Oshawa assembly plant will be placed in GM’s Heritage collection.

2-The 2007 Monte Carlo SS Coupe (VIN: 2G1WL16C179420057), the last saleable Monte Carlo, was signed at this year’s Brickyard 400 NASCAR race by Team Chevy NASCAR Nextel Cup drivers, including the winner of the race, Tony Stewart. Monte Carlo is the highest winning nameplate in NASCAR history.

3-Precision Red exterior accented with Silver Rally Stripes, Ebony Nuance leather interior with heated seats, with 5.3L V8 engine (LS4) with "best in class" rated 303 horsepower and four-wheel independent performance tuned suspension

4-Accessorized with 18-inch polished aluminum wheels and performance tires, heated exterior mirrors, and auto-dimming interior mirrors

Monte Carlo, i bid you good riddance. here's to hoping for a more exciting product in the pipeline...
See what members are saying about
the Monte Carlo on this forum : ) + : (
[:-]

Old 08-13-2007, 01:37 PM

I've searched everywhere to find more information on the last Monte Carlo for
Sale until my Search Engine Blew Up for over rev'in : )
I did find her.
If any member finds any information on the above topic, please post it,
especially if you find pictures.
I was hoping to find pictures, but I've exhausted all leads.
Wish the reader of this a `Happy.
`Space

Old 08-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

do you think it comes in blonde or redhead??? lol

Old 08-13-2007, 06:08 PM

[align=center]When I was searching for information on the last Monte Carlo Produced in 2007, I ran across the Motor Trend Forum in my search. . I copied/borrowed the forum posts,& theyare posted below.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If you are thin skinned, please stop now, & go read another post : )[/align][align=center]Their opinion's do not hurt me....., ignorance `hurts me.[/align][align=center]I've heard several comments like below from my former `ricer BuD's.[/align][align=center]I think the below one's are funny 2 me : )[/align][align=center]See what other's are say'in[/align][align=center]about the Monte Carlo[/align][align=center][:-] [:-] [:-][/align]

Monte Carlo, i bid you good riddance. here's to hoping for a more exciting product in the pipeline...

[hr]

cheap cars break down...expensive cars malfunction.

redscare
Guru | Posts: 977 | Joined: 09/06
[/align]Posted: 08/10/07
02:50 PM
[/align]

The Monte won't be missed.

[hr]

If you got a problem, YO, I'll solve it

Tarantino454LS6
Addict | Posts: 2567 | Joined: 03/07
02:55 PM
[/align]

Yes it will.

[hr]

BMW, Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Ford, Pontiac, GMC, Cadillac, and Chevrolet. I love 'em all. That's right. I like a nice meal of Steak, Rice and Sauerkraut. It sometimes doesn't go down all too well, though.

Get a Free Price Quote

Find a Local Car Dealer
[/align]

redscare
Guru | Posts: 977 | Joined: 09/06
03:00 PM
[/align]

Tarantino454LS6:
Yes it will.

Maybe by rednecks, but not by anybody with any sort of taste in cars.

[hr]

If you got a problem, YO, I'll solve it

elephantparty
Guru | Posts: 1119 | Joined: 01/07
03:17 PM
[/align]

I'll miss the Monte Carlo. I might live in Bakersfield, but I am no redneck! I will miss it because no matter how mediocre the car, the name last a loooong time and there were several cars worthy of the Monte Carlo name.

I'll never forget my great-grandma's 1977 Monte Carlo...that was such a nice car.

On a side note, I want

Old 08-13-2007, 07:08 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

there goes space posting pictures of me again... o well

Old 08-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I found the comment, "I like a nice meal of Steak, Rice and Sauerkraut. It sometimes doesn't go down all too well, though." rather amusing.

Let them drive their import tuners, their "ultimate driving machine", or whatever they want to drive.They can drive a rocket powered unicycle for all I care. Not everybody has the same taste. There's no need to stereotype and insult people.

BTW... I wasn't upset about the comments. I found them funny actually.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:53 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've read & heard similar comments before and it's fine withme.

I choose to drive a better auto.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Funny thread Space.

My favorite quote:

"cheap cars break down...expensive cars malfunction."

Old 08-14-2007, 02:14 PM

If any member finds photo's of the last (2) produced 2007 Monte Carlo SS
Please post them, or provide a link : )

Last Saleable Monte Carlo
Last "Saleable" Monte Carlo, Signed by Team Chevy NASCAR Drivers, Featured at Special August 15 GM Sponsored Auction Event
On Wednesday, August 15, Manheim’s Statesville Auto Auction in Statesville, NC, is holding a special sale in which the second-to-last, or last "saleable" Chevrolet Monte Carlo produced, will be auctioned off to the highest bidding dealer.

1-The last vehicle to come off the Oshawa assembly plant will be placed in GM’s Heritage collection.

2-The 2007 Monte Carlo SS Coupe (VIN: 2G1WL16C179420057), the last saleable Monte Carlo, was signed at this year’s Brickyard 400 NASCAR race by Team Chevy NASCAR Nextel Cup drivers, including the winner of the race, Tony Stewart. Monte Carlo is the highest winning nameplate in NASCAR history.

3-Precision Red exterior accented with Silver Rally Stripes, Ebony Nuance leather interior with heated seats, with 5.3L V8 engine (LS4) with "best in class" rated 303 horsepower and four-wheel independent performance tuned suspension

4-Accessorized with 18-inch polished aluminum wheels and performance tires, heated exterior mirrors, and auto-dimming interior mirrors

Chevrolet dealers can participate in the auction either in-person or online. For more information and a sale flyer on this unique event click here to view on GM Online Auctions
I'm keep searching for more `infor.
~ Peace 4 all ~

Quick Reply: The LAST Monte