Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Knight Rider Returns to TV : )

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Knight Rider Returns to TV : )

[align=center]Thanks member's for your posts/comments/opinions.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm a Chevy Man, but I also appreciate other cars.[/align][align=center]I'm just happy that the auto companies are still[/align][align=center]making, designing performance vehicles in today's[/align][align=center]Green Revolution. Ialsolike that there are[/align][align=center]aftermarket Performance Shop's that[/align][align=center]improve a produced vehicle with their[/align][align=center]upgrades & mod's.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]GT 500 KR 550HP[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Ford's uprated Shelbyfied Mustang GT500 -- the GT500KR or "King of the Road" -- is getting a touch more horsepower than expected. According to Blue Oval News, after Carroll Shelby visted Ford's Dearborn Proving Grounds this past Friday, Ford increased its horsepower projection of the KR from 540 to 550. Was Ford being coy in the face of competition? We have no idea, though with the top-line SuperSnake on the way, sporting 600 or 725 horsepower, such tomfooligans are wholly unnecessary. Could a 650-hp, Viper-engined Challenger be in the cards? [Blue Oval News]

Carroll Shelby at the Ford Proving Grounds

[*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][/ul][/align][/align][hr]
[/align][/align]2008 Shelby Cobra GT500KR

[*][URL=http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/gt500kr/1786939][IMG]http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2007/04/thumb140x120_478676472_84214ccb60_o.jpg[/

Old 01-22-2008, 06:20 AM

[:-]TV of the Past [:-]

Knight Industries Two Thousand (KITT) Pontiac Trans Am
Knight Rider was a popular crime fighting series that starred David Hasselhoff ran between 1982-86 on NBC. The show featured Hasselhoff in the role of Michael Knight, resurrected by a crime-fighting organization and teamed up with a high-tech automobile called KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand). KITT was more than the 1982 Pontiac Trans Am it appeared to be, the car featured advanced artificial intelligence with the ability to converse and drive itself, high-tech communications and sensors, a virtually indestructible exteroir and blazing fast speeds of upto 200 mph (322 km/h).
KITT Pontiac Trans Am Details
[ul][*][align=center]Years: 1982 [/align][*][align=center]Make & Model: Pontiac Trans Am body [/align][*][align=center]Engine: Knight Industries turbojet with modified afterburners [/align][*][align=center]Acceleration: 0-60mph > .2 seconds (with power boosters), Standing 1/4 mile > 4.286 sec @ 300mph [/align][*][align=center]Transmission: 8 speed microprocessor turbodrive with auto pilot [/align][*][align=center]Color: Black [/align][*][align=center]Other Notables: Modified dash and steering, automatic pilot, ejector seat, electromagnetic hyper-vacuum disc brakes, satellite communications, radar, electronic field disrupter, laser defense, traction spikes, voice analyzer, video recording and playback, grappling hook, ultraphonic chemical analyzer, ultramagnesium charges and T-Tops. [/align][/ul]

K.I.T.T. was a highly advanced Pontiac Trans-Am car designed for the Foundation for Law and Government by a team that included Dr. Bonnie Barstow. With an apparent cost of $11,400 the super automobile was designed to preserve human life and fight crime, though by nature it was benevolent and compassionate. Its primary objective of preserving life was stored into K.I.T.T.'s Master Persona Matrix. KITT's artificial intelligence was so advanced that it had its personality, often exchanging conversations and forming a bond with Michael Knight.
Pictures of the Knight Industries 2000 (KITT)

http://www.classictvcars.com/kitt.php
"Knight Rider" Ride Up For Sale
KITT, In Real Life, Looks Good But Says Not A Word

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]
[hr]
[/align]

[align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I want a Big Mac & a few beers : )[/align][align=center] WoW [/align]
David Hasselhoff, at the height of "Knight Rider" popularity, posing April 5th, 1985, with series co-star Knight Industries Two Thousand, better known as KITT the talking car.(AP Photo/NBC)
[align=center][/align][align=center][b](AP)KITT, the flame-throwing, river-jumping, talking muscle car from the American '80s TV show "Knight Rider" starring David Hasselhoff is up for sale.

Restored to its debut-season glory, the modified black 1982 Pontiac Trans Am is offered at $149,995 at a California auto dealership. Johnny "Vette" Verhoek of Kassabian Motors has had the car, officially called Knight Industries Two Thousand, on display for about a month.

It is one of four documented "camera cars" used for close-up s

Old 01-22-2008, 07:00 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: MyIntimidator

I loved the old show although very corny at times...like the old Dukes of Hazzard..lol i love 80s TV. I will give the new show a shot they better do it right. unlike the new Dukes of Hazzard movie other than some awesome scenery of Jessica Simpson a completely terrible movie...from a true fans perspective. I am bringin that up cuz im afraid the same thing is going to happen.

Although I like the new Mustangs I am not a fan of the Fin it looks like a street racer honda. I know some people like them , And I hate Black rims absolutly horrible touch to a car (in my opinion) no offense to any we are all differant. I also am not a fan of any rims bigger than 18 (and that size in only some cases) these 20s and 22's horrible! well there i go again..lol

I have often been described as opinionated!!

I used to watch those too. Had to watch the Dukes, quit watching it when they "went off to race" and they brought cousins Vance and Coy in - yuck. Wished I wouldn't have watched the movie, I thought it was terrible - Burt for Boss Hogg - puleeze.
I may take a peek at the new Knight Rider if I remember it's on and if it's not on during Lost or Survivor.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:24 AM

Barf, just what I want to watch, a half-hour Ford commercial. Kitt being a mustang is disgraceful. I've already swore-off NBC when they cancelled Journeyman and brought back that American Gladiator garbage lol.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:02 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I won't watch it. I'm old school, I like the original show. I am a big fan of the new gen Mustangs but that new Kitt is just alittle over the top for me.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I won't watch it either for a few reasons.
Don't like it being a Mustang.

The original K.I.T.T. looked like a stock T/A from the outside except for the red flashing lights in the hood, and blended in with traffic when needed. Giving it a stealth look to it from the outside. This new Mustang K.I.T.T. looks nothing like a stock Mustang, obviously ruining any chance at blending in.

I'm tired of the networks bringing back re-hatched versions old tv shows. They almost always never live upto the original, and fail miserably. I think it's yet another sign that Hollywood has run out of ideas years ago.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:10 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

all the good writers are on strike, remember

Old 01-22-2008, 12:09 PM

Hi Members,
Duane, good point about the writer's strike.
I'm surprised so far by the number of members that don't like
the Mustang. I like cars, and I like the Shelby Ford Mustang, but
I don't think I would ever be able to afford one.
Oh, if anyone wants to get me one, I'll gladly accept : )
I'm just happy there's going to be a TV program with a fast
car in the plot : ) I wish it was a new Camaro.
I'm look'in forward to the show : )
Maybe I will write the show and tell them to add a new Camaro,
and a Dodge Challenger in the show : )
They could Race KITT : ) Now, that would be awesome : )
Thanks members for your posts/comments, I've
enjoyed reading them.
Peace/Out/Space

Old 01-22-2008, 12:13 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

New version of Knight Rider = David Hasselhoff in a cheap wig and wheel chair fighting crime from his room at the nursing home.

"KITT (now reduced to his alarm clock) what do you think we should do about the bad pizza being sold downtown?"
"Well Micheal. We could always try kicking the delivery boy in the shins and run off with the pizza?"
"KITT, you know I can't get my legs up that high anymore."
"Oh, my pardon Micheal. I forgot your old."
"Why you worthless piece of. No wonder I turned you into an alarm clock you ungrateful #$%^&**."
"Now Micheal. Temper, temper."

Quick Reply: Knight Rider Returns to TV : )