Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Kitties

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Default Kitties

My neighborhood consist of people who feel as though there feline should dominate the block. Wrong. Before one shall go on my car, I would like to trap these. Since it's the most humane and legal lol way, any one do it? My dad tried several years ago, but there not stupid.
Suggestions?

Old 06-17-2009, 12:59 AM

i too need suggesting on this matter. ive been at war with a cat for about 3 weeks now. the cat doesnt like my g/f's car but likes to start at my hood (and do a little dance in the middle) then jump off the rear. tired of paw prints and sand on the car. my neighbor tried a trap, but no luck there! you could call elmer fudd, he just retired from the white house!

Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

yup, same problem here. on both the montes, and usually right after i wash them. we have like, 10 stray cats roming around the neighborhood. we just have a "have a heart" live trap set up, but nothing so far.
i do have to say, though, the cats have cut down on the mice population

Old 06-17-2009, 08:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There are a lot of little tricks you can use if you have yards and such to keep cats away from your property.

They hate a lot of stuff, so if you plant / place things that they hate they should stay away from you. There are plants like rue, lavender (good for deer also), and pennyroyal.

Or you can use things like mothballs, cayenne pepper flakes, ammonia, lemons. Mothballs are also toxic to cats so if you are feeling evil you don't have to put them in a jar with some holes punched in it :P

We used to have a lot of problems near my parents with cats coming on our property, even peeing on our decks. Then we built a fence around some of the land, and around other parts we use things like plants or we put mulch down around our garden (they don't like to walk on that) we started to clean the deck with lemon based cleaners, etc. etc.

It's not that we are capturing the cats or hurting them, but we are just repelling them away from the property.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:05 AM

Cat Stop - Repels Cats

Let them bother someone else!
30 Day Guarantee & 2 Year Warranty
www.SafePetProducts.comGoogle CheckoutKeep Cats Off Stuff

New device tells cats which areas
are off limits. Safe & Effective
www.JumpoTrainer.comElectronic Pest Removal

Dog, Cat, Deer, Racoon, Rodents, &
Pests 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee
www.ElectronicPestControlPro.comOutdoor Dog/Cat Repeller

Ultrasonic sound chases them away
from your yard or garden.
www.LowGuys.comCats & Dogs Stay Off

Pet-Free Zones? TattleTale, Static
ScatMat, Ultrasound or Air Spray.
www.SafeHomeProducts.comGoogle Checkout

Old 06-17-2009, 11:29 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cats are not liked by everyone. As we all know.

If you have one doing a dance on your car, it can also be an underlying problem such as the cat is after something if it bothered to get on your car in the first place. Most places within the U.S. are now warm so climbing on your car to stay warm probably isn't what the cat is after.

I am not a "Cat" person. But remember I am now owned by 6 of them people have dumped off. (I hate irresponsable people but that's the subject of another post)

Just last night I spotted two young kittens someone dumped off. My plan was to catch them and deliver them to the animal shelter which is far more humane versus them being ground in to the pavement under someone's SUV tires. But they ran off when I tried to get close.

I know I've gotten years of free mousing from my cats. They love to get in my cars and look for rodents. My cat Chelsea has always respected my cars. Not once has she ever scratched any of my '57s, my daily drivers, or the Monte Carlos.

Chelsea is not satisfied till she has completely moused all of my cars from front to back. Even inside the trunk.

Smeekers on the other hand. Well he's thinks he can do what he wants. Till I spank his little furry behind for him.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Moth ***** works in repelling a number of things including cats. Problem is, the smell of the moth ***** will get into your car. I suppose you could always tell passengers that it's your new air freshener, "Detroit Lions Trophy Room" scent.

I was going to suggest maybe getting a car cover. The fitted ones available at most autoparts stores. The cats can still jump onto the car, but you wont have to worry about their direct contact.

Having cats nearby your home is definitely better than having rodents. It really depends on how much of an argument/war you want to get into with your neighbors. But I can tell you that most authorities will simply tell you that "you can't control a cat like you can a dog, so you're just going to have to live with it." That's what a friend of mine was told when he filed a complaint against his neighbor's cats climbing all over his car and eating his wife's flowers.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I suppose you could always tell passengers that it's your new air freshener, "Detroit Lions Trophy Room" scent.

Originally Posted by Taz
But I can tell you that most authorities will simply tell you that "you can't control a cat like you can a dog, so you're just going to have to live with it." That's what a friend of mine was told when he filed a complaint against his neighbor's cats climbing all over his car and eating his wife's flowers.
I would just use a stun gun. Instant Furball.

J/K

Old 06-17-2009, 03:45 PM

I'm a cat person, how ever my cats are indoor and do not go near the door (a few good spanks cured that)

But i have no problem throwing anything thats within reach at a cat thats on my property.. call me an a**hole, but if you have a pet, take care of it, or i will and you wont have too ever again...

rat poison is a good one to leave out, you take care of the mouse and the cat problem