Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Kittens living in my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Kittens living in my car

I bought an 86 cutlass w/ T-tops about 3 years ago, the paint job had drips all over so I started to sand it, took off the chrome trim and found nothing but rust and holes. In the process of moving out of my parents house the car ended up down at one of my families farms (with the drivers side window open).
I went down earlier this week to pick it up, inside the car along with alot of the parts for it, was 5 kittens in the rear drivers side floor... car stinks like cat really bad and is full of fur. I took a stick and scooped em out one by one.
Now I'm kind of regretting bringing the car up, seems like a much bigger project than I remember. Thinking about selling it as is or scrap it out, not sure which route to go.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:17 AM

DItch the car, keep the cats

Old 06-09-2010, 09:26 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

HAve you pulled those seats out and checked under the carpet? Those t-tops made for a lot of leak nad rust problems. Fields don't preserve cars all that well either. How old are the kittens? Is their mother around? Have you tried putting a wrench or a socket and ratchet on the front of the harmonic balancer and making sure the engine will turn over (or easier yet, a good battery and hit the key?) How does the car look behind the wheel well where water splashes on the quarter fender? A little rust under some chrome isn't too big of a deal, but if your floor pans, trunk, quarter fender are all gone and your engine is toast, then ti may very well be better off at teh scrap yard.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
HAve you pulled those seats out and checked under the carpet? Those t-tops made for a lot of leak nad rust problems. Fields don't preserve cars all that well either. How old are the kittens? Is their mother around? Have you tried putting a wrench or a socket and ratchet on the front of the harmonic balancer and making sure the engine will turn over (or easier yet, a good battery and hit the key?) How does the car look behind the wheel well where water splashes on the quarter fender? A little rust under some chrome isn't too big of a deal, but if your floor pans, trunk, quarter fender are all gone and your engine is toast, then ti may very well be better off at teh scrap yard.
It was in an open door hanger the car starts right up, just won't stay running.
not sure what;s under the carpet.
it's a rebuilt 307 has the GM stickers on it.
The frame is still pretty sturdy, but there was a lot of rust damage underneath every single piece of chrome.

Cats musta been just born about a week.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:56 PM

heres how i look at it, the more work/love i put into the car, the more satisfaction im going to get everytime someone says it looks amazing, and why not put one more aon the road and leave the easy job for the cheap guy to fix

Old 06-10-2010, 04:34 AM

I'd fix it `up for the Kitty's 2 Drive

I'm sure they can learn 2 Drive better then
some humans : )

Last edited by Space; 06-10-2010 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member

It looks a little better since I vacuumed about half the car... looks like the cat probably gave birth in my car... It's disgusting to think about it I'm using pieces of wood to cover the seat so I don't have to sit in it

really though the only thing I can really see left of being worth anything are the t-tops...
I'm thinking probably just sell it as is or take anything sell-able off the car then scrap the rest of it.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:35 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The car not staying running sounds like a carburation issue. Is there any rust in the quarter fenders, front fenders, or doors? There are drain holes in the bottom of the doors, and when they stopped up, they would cause the doors to rust in the corners where the water colllected. A little rust under the chrome isn't really a big deal at all!!!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

if ur gunna scrap it i want your frame!!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 02:28 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Meow!!

Quick Reply: Kittens living in my car