Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Default Karma

well the other night i was on my way to the local sonic. not really paying attention to my speed. i have been pulled over a total of 19 times. for 18 times i did not get a ticket. they were usually for tints, fogd tails, exhasut, etc. and one before this for speeding. well anyhow it was a four lane road and nobody was on it so i kinda just didnt realize my speed.
i was clocked at 73 in a 45. but this is karma finally catching up to me. i feel really bad for speeding but at the same time i feel good that its over and done with.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:03 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOl, your lucky you werent in felony territory.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:36 AM

`Adam, You have been lucky in a way to be stopped 19 times & only get a ticket for one.. 4 sure. Speed is Expensive : ( What is it going to cost you ? Will U get points & Higher Insurance ? I sure did 4 Street Rac'in, but was lucky it was reduced to Wreckless Op's.
*Atty got the Big $'s, and so did my InSurance Company

Hope the Good Karma Returns...Be Safe/Smart out there on your Highways of `Life...It can be very Xpensive 2 Travel Fast : )

Old 05-03-2009, 07:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Wow. Aint Karma a .......well, you know what it is.

Your lucky your now wearing a pair of steel bracelets.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:05 PM

haha yeah. it was definatly my bad. i feel real bad about it. but the cost on the ticket is 95 bucks. but if i go to court like i plan to it will cost me about 400 plus traffic school.
we will see what happens. im buying a picture frame for it tomarow

Old 05-03-2009, 10:28 PM

The ticket is only $95? for 25-30 over?

Sheesh, I got a 75 in a 65, and the minimum fine for speeding on a Wisconsin highway of $186.80

Old 05-04-2009, 05:33 AM
Angry

Speeding Ticket Options and Fines

You are Here: Florida DMV Home » Speeding Ticket

What to do if you Get a Traffic Ticket in Florida

Over 4 million traffic citations were issued in 2003 in Florida - that's 4 million tickets. The bulk of these traffic tickets are for speeding but improper lane change, careless driving, running red lights, and other moving violations were very common as well. Watch out for a Kid named `Space on the roads/water/air everywhere

Options Available to Satisfy a Traffic Citation

You are required to satisfy your traffic citation within thirty (30) calendar days. Your options may depend on your driving record but if your drivers license is in good standing typical options are as follows:

1. Elect traffic school option
  2. Pay the civil penalty
  3. Request a court appearance
Traffic School Option

The benefits of electing the traffic school option in Florida are that your auto insurance cannot go up and your policy cannot be cancelled. If you complete a state approved traffic school course and submit your certificate of completion to the clerk of court in the county where you received the ticket by their specified deadline adjudication is withheld, which means you are not deemed guilty and you received no points.
Note that when you select traffic school your fine will be reduced - this will vary by county see the chart below.
Florida Approved Traffic Schools

123Driving.com offers Florida DMV approved traffic school online
Another option is to look in your local yellow pages under traffic school or driving instruction
State of Florida Policy for Electing Traffic School

Florida Statute 626.9541(1)(o) 12 States: "No insurer shall impose or request an additional premium, cancel a policy, or issue a non renewal notice on any insurance policy or contract because of any traffic infraction when adjudication of guilt is withheld and no points have been accessed pursuant to s.318.14(9) and (10). However, this subparagraph does not apply to traffic infractions involving accidents in which the insurer has incurred a loss due to the fault of the insured."

Pay the Civil Penalty

If you pay the full fine points will be applied against your drivers license when applicable and your auto insurance rates may go up or your policy may be cancelled.

Traffic Fines

Fines vary by County as an Example we have provided the fines for Orange County (The Orlando Area)

MPH Over Limit Traffic Schoo & lNo Traffic School
6 to 9 MPH 76.00 $80.50

10 to 14 MPH$137.50 $155.50

15 to 19 MPH $158.50$180.50

20 to 29 MPH $178.50 $205.50

30 MPH & Over$260.50 $305.50

The fines for a Florida speeding ticket listed above are only used to illustrate the typical fees. You should verify your fine with clerk of court in the county where you received your traffic ticket.
Request a Court Appearance

If you elect the option to request a court appearance for the violation(s) and it is determined that an infraction has been committed, the Court may adjudicate you guilty, assess points, impose a civil penalty not to exceed $500 ($1000 for violations involving a death or speeding in school/construction zones) or require you to attend traffic school, or all of the above. Additionally, your insurance rates may go up or your policy may be cancelled.
If you speed in a school zone or construction zone your fine can be doubled.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've been pulled over 2 times. I've been ticketed 2 times.

You are a jerk :P

Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

No kidding, how the heck did you get out of 18 tickets??

Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

yeah really! i don't get pulled over a lot (only once so far in the monte, knock wood) but usually when i do i get a ticket! i can't even try to play the cute chick/mickey the dunce card, apparently i have an "attitude" with police. ehh.

Quick Reply: Karma