Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Just what we need.....

Old 09-24-2007, 01:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default Just what we need.....

A strike against GM. We already make the world's poorest vehicles because of the unions.....

DETROIT (Reuters) - United Auto Workers union-represented employees walked off the job and organized pickets outside General Motors Corp plants as the union called a national strike against the top U.S. automaker after marathon contract talks failed to produce a deal.

more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070924/us_nm/gm_dc_4

Old 09-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Default RE: Just what we need.....

Oh great.. Does the whole UAW go on strike? Like gm's entire workforce?

Old 09-24-2007, 07:52 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

there they go... the UAW putting themselves out of work. kind of ironic, isn't it?

Old 09-24-2007, 10:34 PM

This is a case where the Union just needs to go. They have done their job in the past and are now just causing problems.

I think GM needs to move more into a performance based pay vs a base pay. Same thing for management otherwise their salaries will get even more crazy than they are now.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:54 PM

I spoke w/one.. got some inside info... if you had half a CLUE what GM was trying to do to them, you wouldn't question the strike for a second. I won't post it hear for obvious reasons... *not lettin the cat (rrrraaahrrrrrt!)... out of the bag*

Old 09-24-2007, 10:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

I spoke w/one.. got some inside info... if you had half a CLUE what GM was trying to do to them, you wouldn't question the strike for a second. I won't post it hear for obvious reasons... *not lettin the cat (rrrraaahrrrrrt!)... out of the bag*
What, take away their health insurance and pension like the other 95 percent of the US workforce.

What could be worst?

It all still goes back to unions.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

That depends on WHO that person is too as whatever side they are on they are probably not giving all the details. I know alot of people on my job complain about the pay, but completely forget the insurance is decent and they get all the cable TV channels for free and 5MB internet service for free.

Like I said in an earlier post, GM should really ride this thing out and hire some scabs. On the flip the board really needs to fuggin cut down on the executive parachutes they give away constantly. Alot is blamed on the workers, but there are hundreds of millions going to ex executivesthat screwed the company.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:12 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

this is where the money for your monte carlo's went guys..... just remember that

Old 09-25-2007, 02:49 PM

Jeeze..

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...925?hub=Canada

These guys didnt even have to strike.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Before this turns into a virtual hanging of unions, let me remind you of this. There are lots of companies in the US and Canada that still treat their employees like ****. Trust me, I know of a few personally. The employees in these companies need their union. If it wasn't for unions, every employee would be working unbelievable hours for minimum wage, in whatever conditions the employer feels like. If you don't feel safe in your working conditions, or you need a day off to go to a funeral, well that's too f-ing bad. There's lots of people willing to replace you. The companies don't give a rat's behind about you or your family life. One company I used to worked for actually put in their employee handbook that they expected me to revolve my life around the company and my work schedule. F*** that s*** !!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just what we need.....