Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Just our luck...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Thumbs down Just our luck...

So you wouldn't believe what happened to our fairly new 98 caravan that I posted a thread about right after we got it. My mom was driving in Wentzville earlier and apparently ran over a drive shaft out of a dump truck along with like 5 other people. I'm not sure exactly where it happened but anyway sooo the "accident" tore the bottom of the van apart. My dad hasn't put it up on a lift yet but by the looks and sounds of it my dad thinks it blew a hole in the transmission and suspension on the left side--estimating a 3k repair. I should've taken a pic but right as I was pulling up onto our driveway my dad was getting ready to leave. I got to see it for a second and then I had to go get my mom and grandma in the eclipse. My dad, mom and Jamie called me like 10 times while I was in the middle of chem lab. I called them back and was like peeps you know I'm in school on Thursdays til about 5 unfortunately. So yeahh our first 98 van got crushed by a semi flat bed trailed j-knifing on top of the back of it in like 2005 or 2006. It sucks bcuz we just traded the 99 caravan for a 94ish S-10 that isn't licensed or anything soo idk what my mom is gonna drive to places liek the grocery store or other places that require a lot of room in the car bcuz the Eclipse has got to be one of the smallest interior and trunk cars out there today. They made an accident report to the police so the insurance company wouldn't total the van since it still only has like 99k miles on it and is still in clean shape.
Right after we got it

Old 04-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear about the van Britt. Those vans are made right here in Windsor. Wish you could just come up and pick one off the assembly line.

Just out of curiosity. How do you accidentally run over a drive shaft from a dump truck?

Hope you're able to get it fixed soon. And glad nobody got hurt.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:00 PM

Really? Yeah it would be nice but my rents don't really want one of the new new ones bcuz of their brake issues. Well my mom was going to try to avoid it but she didn't wanna risk running off into the grass or causing a big wreck so yeahh. My uncle ran over a light pole a few weeks ago and absolutely destroyed his cavalier...there was no fixing that. Yeah hopefully my dad gets the time and money to fix it soon. Hopefully the dump truck company will pay for some of the damages

Old 04-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sucks i hope the company makes things right

Old 04-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, what a disaster happy things did were only as bad as they are. Just goes to show you we all need to be vigilant out there on the roads. Even pot holes can cause a blow out and the unprepared driver with a weak grip can be all over the road in a flash. Sorry to hear about this though Brit..gosh darn it. The truck company will have to pay 100% of the repair for your mom and the other people I would suspect. Probably would love to settle with a fix to avoid any court litigations...cheaper to repair than owe other potential damages.Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease, be firm and reasonable and I bet they will help you quicker. Best of luck... and hello to Moms new Chauffeur or just hang your Monte's Keys where she can find them while you take the bus to school...lol

Old 04-15-2011, 08:17 AM

Thanks guys, it'll be a bit rough prob until the van is back bcuz Jamie's hockey stuff only fits in the monte if the seats are down and if everything is taken outta the bag and arranged perfectly (his stuff smells horrible! last time I took him to a hockey thing my car smelled like sweaty socks for a week! it was unbearable!) and the truck is the only other one it'll fit in unless my dad brings the breeze home then it may fit in there

Old 04-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Ouch!!

Old 04-15-2011, 11:04 AM

Tire came off an 18 wheeler right in front of my Camaro - I couldn't change lanes, as someone was there, so i had to run right over it. It almost flipped the car. I trashed the exhaust system & front left fender was destroyed... It happened so quick! Glad your Mom is okay!

Old 04-15-2011, 11:37 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hate to be macabre... Could you show some "after" pics? I am curious. Don't be mad... I am a VISUAL person.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:34 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man crazy for sure & deff sux for sure but deff glad ur mom is ok, coulda been worse those drive shafts arnt exactly small on those big trucks

Quick Reply: Just our luck...