Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: June 2020 All and New Members check in here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Good morning MCForum. Went to a car show on Saturday and I got a Best in class trophy, I didn't know this year if there were gonna be any carshows so I thought I would just do a Temporary Race Car theme on the Monte Carlo, so it's a work in progress so far. designed after the 99 Monte that Dale Spun the 5 Car at Bristol, TN I will call it the Cage rattler. when its all done.

Congratulations! Good show!

Old 06-13-2020, 03:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats! That's a pretty nice trophy for sure!

I thought I'd share this pic I just took...

It's kind of got a funny story to go with it. My 11 daughter and I were out on a beautiful afternoon donut run. As I was driving along, a red Dodge Ram already had a camera phone out his window taking a pic of my car and giving me the thumbs up. Then I saw Herbie ahead of me in traffic! It was congested, but I wiggled through to catch up to him about a mile down the 4-lane road. Then I look in the rearview mirror - the Ram had stuck with me in pursuit! He must have seen the photo op coming too, so I hope he got a good shot. The guy driving Herbie must have thought I was trying to be aggressive and challenge him to race, because he avoided eye contact, turned right, then suddenly turned right again (I just thought it'd look cool cruising beside him). I saw where he went, but he was parked by the time I doubled back, and he never came out of the bar when I parked to take the photo. Neat car though. It was in great shape and he even had the plates.

I think it would have been really neat to see Dale Jr driving beside Herbie down the road. I wouldn't know - I'm always in the seat

Old 06-14-2020, 09:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Congrats! That's a pretty nice trophy for sure!

I thought I'd share this pic I just took...

It's kind of got a funny story to go with it. My 11 daughter and I were out on a beautiful afternoon donut run. As I was driving along, a red Dodge Ram already had a camera phone out his window taking a pic of my car and giving me the thumbs up. Then I saw Herbie ahead of me in traffic! It was congested, but I wiggled through to catch up to him about a mile down the 4-lane road. Then I look in the rearview mirror - the Ram had stuck with me in pursuit! He must have seen the photo op coming too, so I hope he got a good shot. The guy driving Herbie must have thought I was trying to be aggressive and challenge him to race, because he avoided eye contact, turned right, then suddenly turned right again (I just thought it'd look cool cruising beside him). I saw where he went, but he was parked by the time I doubled back, and he never came out of the bar when I parked to take the photo. Neat car though. It was in great shape and he even had the plates.

I think it would have been really neat to see Dale Jr driving beside Herbie down the road. I wouldn't know - I'm always in the seat

How cool is that!!
Back in 03 or 04 I was in Kansas City at the Race. And the friends of mine who did the #3 and the #8 were there too. So we are getting ready to head home from the Track after the Cup Race and we had waited for the Traffic to clear a bit. Inside the parking lot we began heading out so the 3 and 8 are in the lead, and a bunch of partying folks stopped them to take a photo. So they are waving me on by! So I lowered the window to tell them we were all running together. They said DALE!!! come take a photo with us. So I get out, walk over and take a shot with them and a few of them said Wow wouldn't it be cool if Jr. was here. So I said yeah, he 's in the Car riding with me. The guy goes What? and he walks over to my car to see in the Shotgun side and starts bouncing around. Look at this everyone! and we took the photo. Fun memories for sure!

Old 06-14-2020, 01:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's a great Jr replica there too!

Yeah... I never really tried to play the role of Jr myself - never tried to look the part (aside from maybe wearing a "firesuit" style jacket). I just don't look like him and couldn't pull it off. I can tell that it disappoints people sometimes when I get out.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
That's a great Jr replica there too!

Yeah... I never really tried to play the role of Jr myself - never tried to look the part (aside from maybe wearing a "firesuit" style jacket). I just don't look like him and couldn't pull it off. I can tell that it disappoints people sometimes when I get out.
The thing that you have done for folks is put a smile on there face and you have entertained your own kids with something they will remember for all their life.
Well it freaks them when I get out of the 3 Car and they think they seen a ghost or something. Lol
So my son would get alot of the attention by the girls when we did parades and carshows. He would freak them out .

As youngsters

My son in the Tie and suit coat, and Jr

Last edited by drivernumber3; 06-14-2020 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey guys.

Been a while. Recently replaced the Monte's canister/vent solenoid behind the filler neck and the purge solenoid on top of the engine to 'hopefully' take care of my CEL and intermittent constant clicking off of the nozzle while fueling. $99 for three parts and 15 minutes of my time to change, pretty simple actually. We'll see after a bit of driving. And after I disconnected the battery to reset the system my blend door actuator started going 'tap nuts' again and has been every time I open the door so either it'll settle down again like past times or I'm going to finally replace it.

Keeping an eye on Chevrolet Nationals too with all the legal activity surrounding Spring Carlisle right now.

Old 06-19-2020, 12:17 PM

Red buggy is 2004 MOC SS, 150K, still runs beautifully... but

won't pass next inspection due to rot underneath.
Black buggy is my "new" 2001 MOC SS, 75K -- it's solid and clean underneath. It's a rebuild (not by me) and sat for a bit, so needs a few more things -- new rotors next week. I'll have professionals do that. But I did clean the MAF sensor myself! (I learned about it on this very forum I have to touch up a few dings, and then the fun things -- seat covers and such. Haven't told my brother yet that I bought an "old' car...oh dear.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey guys

Things sure have turned crazy the last few weeks... I’ve been a victim of the economy again and am in the middle of my second two-week furlough since the end of April. I’ve tried starting up a side hustle becoming an affiliate online distributor for DualPolymer detailing products. I started using them three years ago and put away my DA polisher for good. If you’re looking for an easy way to protect your Monte (or other toys) check out the Facebook page “DualPolymer by Ken Hendrix”, or go straight to the products at https://buydualpolymer.com/#EasyShine . Sorry for the shameless plug, but I tried this stuff three years ago and got hooked... Thanks

Old 06-21-2020, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member

Hope everyone is staying safe. I am disappointed that some of the Carshows are canceling , Now I have heard that they had the Monte Carlo National meet again in Piqua, Ohio so any one have any photo's to share one this?

Old 06-23-2020, 11:52 AM

Congrats on the Best in Show. I know what it is like in traffic, I have people cut me off, or race to catch up just to get a look or picture or talk to me. I find it funny when you are doing 70 and they roll down the window to chat. I even had a Cop light me up and turn on his take down lights just because he wanted to look at it. My most eerie encounter on the highway, I had a black Escalade with blacked out windows. Honestly thought it was like Secret Service that kind of truck. It came barreling down on me, matched my speed for a long while, I was getting nervous. Then it just sped off. The kicker? The license plate was Dale03.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: June 2020 All and New Members check in here!