Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

It's a Taz Christmas... lawn ornament??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 01:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default It's a Taz Christmas... lawn ornament??

What's up, Doc?
I just found this wild item in the Summit/Hotrod holiday catalog that came in the mail today -- a Taz light-up Christmas lawn ornament!!

Seventy bucks, though? That's a dollar for every UL-listed light bulb! (Except the spares, I guess.) "Ooo Eek Ack Thbp" indeed!

Even so, could it still be a Christmas "must-have" for all you Taz fans out there? Just imagine, you could set one up by your driveway, light him up, and park your Monte next to him. And take a few pictures for all your Monte friends!

Attached Thumbnails It's a Taz Christmas... lawn ornament??-taz_christmas.jpg  
Old 11-15-2015, 12:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool Taz Fans

Taz Fans: The Looney tunes Tasmanian Devil was adopted by Chevrolet in the late 90's when they reintroduced the Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Some of the earliest Brochures featured a Taz behind the Wheel of the Monte Carlo like the one I have included here. AS you may recognize the interior is a 5th Gen. Monte Carlo.

When the 2000 or 6th Generation Monte Carlo was introduced they promoted it with a Red Pace Car Edition and also during the 2000 Daytona 500 with a Red #3 Car with Taz on it and then they also had a special edition Uniform for the Intimidator himself along with a Taz Hat. Which is very sought after collectable today.

The Pace Cars featured the Taz on the Trunk lid along with the side lower rear Quarter emblem but they placed it under the Monte Carlo emblem on the Pace Car version.

As the Brochures developed Taz was featured on the Back of each Brochure. This was a Promotion of the Monte Carlo "Taz has a reputation for speed and toughness" they wanted to give the Monte Carlo that Image.
Team Monte Carlo was formed and Taz was again used on this decal.

Things progressed from the reintroduction of the 5th Gen. all into the 6th Gen. with a bit of Nascar flair with the Intimidator's, Dale Jr. Jeff Gordon, and Tony Stewart editions.

Some folks because of this Promotion have elected to Tribute Taz on their Monte Carlos as well as a Tribute to the #3 Car and the late Dale Earnhardt.
I saw a Monte Carlo at the Monte Nationals in Bowing Green that had a Trunk full of Taz's and he even had one Giant one that sat in a chair.
Similarly you sometimes see stuffed animals in Cars at Car shows I have seen the Road Runner and Coyote, and Mercury Cougars sometimes have stuffed Cougars too. Chevy Trucks have done Grizzly Bears several times.

Attached Thumbnails It's a Taz Christmas... lawn ornament??-5th-gen-taz-lit..jpg   It's a Taz Christmas... lawn ornament??-earnhardt-25-.jpg   It's a Taz Christmas... lawn ornament??-movingtaz.gif   It's a Taz Christmas... lawn ornament??-team-taz.jpg   It's a Taz Christmas... lawn ornament??-taz.jpg  

It's a Taz Christmas... lawn ornament??-dscf9727taz.jpg   It's a Taz Christmas... lawn ornament??-dscf9816taz.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 11-15-2015 at 12:22 PM. Reason: photo's
Old 11-17-2015, 06:59 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Damn right! I need one of those Taz decorations for Christmas.