Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

It's GODZILLA!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 11:11 AM
1 Year Member
Default It's GODZILLA!

Hey everyone so I just wanted to give a quick review of the new Godzilla movie. I will do my best to not have any spoilers in this review.

So first thing is first, this is a movie that needs to be seen in Imax 3D. As far as 3D goes, it wasn't a very 3D heavy movie. However I think the sound, that Imax gives vs a normal movie, is just way better.

So let's talk about the sound a bit. The sound in this movie is just as important if not more important than the visuals in this movie. If you had just the sound you could tell that there were some absolutely massive creatures on the screen. The sound just does a good job of giving you that sense that Godzilla is bigger than skyscrapers.

Now as far as visuals go, the movie had great visuals as most modern day movies do. The graphics were amazing, again they just do a great job of showing how big Godzilla is. If you remember the old Godzilla movie from 1998, this Godzilla makes that Godzilla look like a little pipsqueak. They went with kind of an old school look to him as well which I personally really liked. The Godzilla from 1998 was almost like a T-rex. It was nimble and fast, where this Godzilla is just a massive brute. To give you an idea size wise, the old Godzilla was around 197-278 feet tall going by what people say online (take that with a grain of salt lol) and people are generally agreeing that this Godzilla is more around the 350-600 foot tall mark. As far as weight goes the old one was about 500 tons, big right? Well this one weighs about 90,000 tons going by the internet so again take this stuff with a grain of salt. But it just gives you an idea of just how massive this new Godzilla is.

As far as the story goes it is a little slow to start off with and if you don't know anything about the movie it does throw some curve ***** that I personally didn't expect. If you have seen some of the old Godzilla tv shows you will probably know what I'm talking about. Once the movie gets going it is really good, the acting is really well done which is one thing you often don't get with some movies like this. As long as you can make it through about the first 30 minutes or so I think you will have a very good time with the movie if you like Sci-fi movies.

That's about all I can talk about without actually spoiling some things. Hopefully this gives you at least some kind of idea of what it is like. If you were on the edge about seeing the movie, I would do it. Because again, once you get past the first slow 30 minutes the movie turns out to be really pretty good.

Overall I would say this is good, is it the best movie ever? No, absolutely not. But it is good, the sound is very very well done along with the visuals and acting. If I had to rate the movie I would say it is a very solid 3.8 out of 5. It could have been better. I think they could have cut out some of the movie and it wouldn't have taken anything away from it but it would have taken the dull portions out. Hopefully this helps you out.

Last edited by iMuf; 05-19-2014 at 11:12 AM. Reason: //
Old 05-19-2014, 11:46 AM
Cool Movie's like this scares me 4>Sure (LOL)

Thanks 4 your review
I haven't been to a movie theater in a very long time, but the MCF seems to have many member's that go & enjoy.
Sounds like a fun movie 2 see > enjoy

Old 05-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've heard a lot of people who said they liked the movie. I haven't seen it. But it just seems like Hollywood is out of fresh ideas. I mean really. A new godzilla movie? What's next? A new Laurel & Hardy movie?

Old 05-22-2014, 08:51 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

But Godzilla is sooo cool! I love the original movies - and I'm glad to hear that it's a lot better than the previous recent ones!