Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Intresting read on 2014 Corvette crashes

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Intresting read on 2014 Corvette crashes

An interesting read to go with your coffee

Another 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Crash

Old 12-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
An interesting read to go with your coffee

Another 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Crash
Some guy in the launch truck was saying how they need to take a drivers test to own thoes cars. It really doesn't matter how powerful the car is if you drive it like a normal car. It has nothing to do with the car its all about the driver.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Some guy in the launch truck was saying how they need to take a drivers test to own thoes cars. It really doesn't matter how powerful the car is if you drive it like a normal car. It has nothing to do with the car its all about the driver.

Agreed....

Old 12-04-2013, 06:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

I will tell ya what it looks like to me...

Having had some many years of experience hauling cars... (rolling parking lot driver) It so looks like someone miss judged loading/unloading from the trailer and ended up flipping it on its lid from the top of the trailer!

Been there done that.
Luckily for me it was in 3 feet of snow on a very snowy windy night at the rotunda experimental ford plant in Dearborn Michigan back in the 80's where we had a record snow storm. and the wind had been gusting up to 70mph... I'm sure as ev1 knows rubber soles on steel in snow is as slick as ice. It actually blew me and the car off the side of the trailer from the very top position just behind the cab of the truck(Semi). approximately 11 feet in the air to the ground.

Looks like it kinda rolled to hit the rear first and then proceeded to land on its lid!

I could be wrong...But my experience tells me otherwise.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
I will tell ya what it looks like to me...

Having had some many years of experience hauling cars... (rolling parking lot driver) It so looks like someone miss judged loading/unloading from the trailer and ended up flipping it on its lid from the top of the trailer!

Been there done that.
Luckily for me it was in 3 feet of snow on a very snowy windy night at the rotunda experimental ford plant in Dearborn Michigan back in the 80's where we had a record snow storm. and the wind had been gusting up to 70mph... I'm sure as ev1 knows rubber soles on steel in snow is as slick as ice. It actually blew me and the car off the side of the trailer from the very top position just behind the cab of the truck(Semi). approximately 11 feet in the air to the ground.

Looks like it kinda rolled to hit the rear first and then proceeded to land on its lid!

I could be wrong...But my experience tells me otherwise.
hes right, it does seem weird that a car would crash that way. Probably just some poor trucker who had the misfortune to drop a corvette.