Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Interesting topic in macroeconomics

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Default Interesting topic in macroeconomics

So one of the several classes I'm in nowadays is macroeconomics & right now we are really hitting on topics like unemployment, GDP, and inflation. Well I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone on here thinks where the economy is going to go in the future. Some are saying that our recession has bottomed out & there we are on our way towards recovery, what do you think about that? Do you think the unemployment rate is going to increase or decrease? How about GDP? And my teacher said that inflation has not been affected overall in a year, do you think this year will be affected with gas prices so high & the prices of groceries constantly going up already?

I don't believe that we have bottomed out, I still feel like the worse is going to happen this year sometime. The other day one of the reporters on tv said we are out of the recession? wtf since when?!? I think everything is going to get worse before it gets better

Old 02-22-2011, 10:10 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

As far as these things go, you'll see that we don't really know when we pulled out until we've been out of it a few years. As far as investmetn and GDP, I think we recovered in July 2009 or 2010. The Dow fell like nearly 200 points today, but mostly due to a lot of political turmoil in African countries that contribute to oil supplies (Although they supply Europe... but when Europe has to look elsewhere, they raise the demand for American oil supplies) Political uncertainty may keep us down, but I think we're on our way to brighter days ahead.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Thanks for your opinion Duane. I got the paper back the other day & I got a 93 on it...prob would've been a lot better if I wouldn't have had the restriction of it only being one page lol