Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Interesting lunch-time today

Old 04-29-2008, 04:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default Interesting lunch-time today

Well I was sitting in my monte, eating my BK tripple stacker at the edge of the parking lot, looking into the parking lot of the building next door. An old guy in his car backed out of his spot and was about to drive away when a lady in a honda pilot backed out of her space opposite the old guy's space, right into the side of his car. She hit him so hard it picked up the driver side wheels of his car off the ground for a moment. She stopped and got out and the guy got out and looked at the damage. The lady began to yell at the guy and blame him for the accident, when it was clearly her own fault. I got out and yelled at her to stop yelling at him and told her I saw the whole thing and that she was at fault. Well she told me I didnt know what I was talking about and she yelled at the guy again and called the cops. Well I gave the guy my info and told him I would back him up in the situation, but since the cops were coming, I stayed and waited anyway. When the cop came the lady began to tell him that it was the old guys fault. The old guy told the cop that it wasnt his fault and that I saw the whole thing. I told the cop what happened and the cop said it was pretty evident by the damage that it was her fault anyway, but he took my info anyway and wrote me into the police report as a witness. I left after that. The whole thing gave me a good story to tell when I got to work. When I got home today, the old guy called me and thanked me for stepping foreward. I thought that was nice, it made me feel good. Well thats my story, just thought Id share.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Default RE: Interesting lunch-time today

Good Job.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:18 PM

am very proud of u man, most folk would of left the old man hanging and screwed in that situation

Old 04-29-2008, 05:19 PM

Keep up the good deeds. You know, I HATE it when people don't pay attention to anything but themselves and then blame other people for their mistake. That really upsets me. lol.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Job Matt!

Thank you for doing the right thing and helping that guy when he needed you!

It's refreshing to see that there are still people like you out there, who care enough to give a dam about people other than themselves.

Shame on that lady for not taking responsibility for her actions.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:10 PM

[align=center]`Matt, thanks for sharing/posting.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Your words reinforce my `faith in people.[/align][align=center]We all have choices, we can make good choices, or bad [/align][align=center]choices in life. You made a good choice.[/align][align=center]It's was also a bonus, that the old guy called, & showed[/align][align=center]his appreciation for your good character.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Now, go thank your parents for raising you to do[/align][align=center]the right/correct/good thing in `life.[/align][align=center]The older I get, the more I thank my grandfather[/align][align=center]for the lessons/example he has taught me.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Your posted words reveals volumesabout your character.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Peace/Out from `Space[/align]

Old 04-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

that was good of you to do that...that lady sounded like a well you know what....all these stupid parking lot accidents drive me nuts, because nothing ever becomes of them...

but very good of you to do that..i hope it shut her up...

Old 04-29-2008, 06:22 PM

I'll be your Wingman any day, Matt!
Nice gesture.
Especially, since the woman was being such a bitch to the old guy.
I'm an old guy. I know how those women operate.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz

Good Job Matt!

Thank you for doing the right thing and helping that guy when he needed you!

It's refreshing to see that there are still people like you out there, who care enough to give a dam about people other than themselves.

Shame on that lady for not taking responsibility for her actions.
The bold part NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACTIONS is why we have crime and people who think they can get away with whatever they want.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:38 PM

Hell yeah man, way to step up.

We had a similar situation a few years ago in the high school parking lot, an upperclassman T-Boned one of my classmates (both female). My classmate was a gentler girl and the other was the opposite and tried blaming it on my classmate, scream and yelled enough to make her cry. A few of us had been outside walking to a class and saw the whole thing happen and we told our classmate that we'd back her up as it was no way her fault.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interesting lunch-time today