Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Interested in FREE Product from MAGNAFLOW

Old 04-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Interested in FREE Product from MAGNAFLOW

the only problem is with the terms and conditions see #4

Interested in FREE Product?

For participation in our Consumer Development Program, we are
offering CAT-BACK and DIRECT-FIT exhaust products.

MAGNAFLOW Performance Exhaust is currently searching for vehicles to test-fit new
performance exhaust systems and/or Direct-Fit Catalytic Converters. If you would like to
register your vehicle in this program please read the following terms and conditions:

Terms and Conditions:

1. Vehicles must be completely or nearly stock. ( If you have any modifications such as. lowering/lifting, aftermarket exhaust, body kits, other performance parts, please disclose them ) Some modifications may not affect your eligibility.

2. We will need the vehicle for a minimum of 5 working days for taking measurements, prototyping and final installation. (We may provide you with a rental car during that period if needed at no cost.)

3. You will be required to bring your vehicle to MAGNAFLOW Performance Exhaust, in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA during our normal business hours, Monday thru Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm.

4. I ACKNOWLEDGE UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (additional terms upon delivery) AND THAT I WILL BRING MY VEHICLE TO THE MAGNAFLOW FACILITY IN RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, CA.

If you have any questions please email your questions here.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:00 PM

sounds good it youre looking to get some free stuff but, i wouldnt trade my exhaust for any other on in the world.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds good on the surface.

But I suspect that you would be obligated to allow them to use your car for promotional purposes.

Personally I would be afraid that the car would end up on one of the Spike TV Powerblock shows. Which means they would be beating the pig snot out of your car.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:44 PM

Free may be really good

Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member

I hear you TAZ, just saw it on the magnaflow website! figured I would post it and see what the rest of the members thought, thanks for your response and opinion.....

Old 04-22-2010, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by vampy
Free may be really good
yes if you live in cali, which by the looks of it you do

Old 04-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Thanks for posting this Chris. Interesting to say the least.

I can't help but think the worst when it comes to "free" stuff that comes with a lot of legal fine print.

"...we reserve the right to repeatedly crash your car into a brick wall to test how well our mufflers hold up in an accident..."

That's the kind of thing I'd be expecting. Sorry.

Magnaflow isn't a sponsor of MCF is it? Oops!

I'm sure everything would be okay.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Sounds good on the surface.

But I suspect that you would be obligated to allow them to use your car for promotional purposes.

Personally I would be afraid that the car would end up on one of the Spike TV Powerblock shows. Which means they would be beating the pig snot out of your car.
ohhhh, dude you just dug up a BAD memory!! give you a little story here, i used to have a ford contour.(i loved that car, and thinking about getting another one in the future) but, i took it into a shop to have the steering rack replaced. ohhhh, man, i went to the town where the shop was, just to do some shopping or whatever. i saw that SOB ripping around in MY car. seriously just pushing it as far as it could go. that thing wasnt near stock either, it was a fast little bugger. phewww was i po'd. and phewww did they get an ear full. man i forgot about this for about a year now. grrrrrrrrrrr!!
i cant stand to even think about someone racing around in my car, the though gets my heart racing you know??

Old 04-22-2010, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I can't help but think the worst when it comes to "free" stuff that comes with a lot of legal fine print.

"...we reserve the right to repeatedly crash your car into a brick wall to test how well our mufflers hold up in an accident..."
I think that is currently how they are doing testing at Toyota for the gas pedal issue

Old 04-23-2010, 09:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

A lot of times K&N does the same thing for vehicles they haven't made an intake for yet.