Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Incredible Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:29 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Incredible Weekend

Hi guys n gals,

Thought I'd drop you guys a note. We're in MI right now. Got to take the new Monte around the track today. What a cool experience.

I think I took 150 photos today of all the super nice Montes and when I got the track time.

If any of you get the chance to do this next year (providing MIS stops screwing with the guy who puts this all together for us lucky Monte owners) you will have the experience of a life-time.

Tomorrow we head back home and (ugh) back to work on monday. Later.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Default RE: Incredible Weekend

[align=center]RJ, I was happy 2 read your post & see that you made it to MIS Show.[/align][align=center]Did you meet the other MCF Members ?[/align][align=center]Look forward to your post about MIS (Michigan Int Speedway: )[/align]

[hr]

[align=center]I see that Member Yellow_Monte made the show & will be posting pic's and a report : )[/align]

[hr]

[align=center]Thanks Dad0098 for your post and sharing your awesome pictures:[/align][align=center]can't wait til next years show .
Here's the link to all the picsDad0098 took .
http://www.putfile.com/dad0098/images/101304

[/align]

Old 04-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

awesome pics

glad to hear you had a good weekend..i wish i could have made it..but i had to work unfortunetely...i will try to make the next one for sure i didn't see any tony stewart ones in the pics...

but i do have to admit if i would have went i wouldn't have seen jeff gordon win last night!! lol...(that was a little off topic..lol)

Old 04-22-2007, 02:48 PM

Yellow Monte &Dad0098
Thanks for taking your time to create an album of
awesome pic's of the MIS event. I know
how long it takes to compose all those pic's.
It's the closest thing to being there. Your efforts are
appreciated by the membership. You are all
fortunate to have had the oppurtunity : )
Thanks again for Sharing : )
I EnJoyed
I look forward to seeing R.J.'s pic's and post.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:19 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I didn't realize other MCF members were attending? If I'd have known I'd have introduced myself. (like you could miss me?)

We really do need MCF decals for our cars.

I'm trying to get the photos I took up on my picture trail account right now. Sure is strange how those who did post took a lot of similar shots to those I took.

And why didn't anyone but me take any pics of my car????
[sm=hia.gif] [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 04-23-2007, 02:58 PM

Hi Rj, How could they miss a
Monte Carlo of the Month car ?
I look forward to your post report on the show and if you thought
it was worth the trip. I hope that you took pic's of your Awesome
Monte on MIS Track: ) Thanks for your post & Welcome back.
`Space

Old 04-23-2007, 04:56 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I put up some of the photos I took on my picture trail account.

Hope you guys n gals can veiw them?

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...mp;uid=5234584

Old 04-23-2007, 05:04 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Space,

Thanks for the welcome back.

I didn't spend too much time on the net last week (or here) cause I was cleaning the '06 Monte. Getting his ready for the MIS event.

I cleaned every single day, from Monday - thursday. I can't believe the dirt I cleaned off a car I thought was clean? Even the back sides of the wheels got cleaned as did the underside of the car.

If I can manage to make the next MIS, I'll be there. [sm=shades.gif]

It's too bad the people who run the track are screwing with the guy who put this all together. They want him to come up with $$$$ now to rent the track for one day as well as insurance coverage. Neither of these were an issue till recently.

There's a chance Mike (the guy who put this all together) will open this even up to all Chevies, or possibly Chevelles, or Impalas as well as our Montes.

If more sponsors could be found the cost can be kept low for those who want to attend. Like I paid the $45 to be there this past weekend but the cost could reach $75 or higher in the coming years if something isn't done to help out.

But if any of you get the chance to go in the coming years.... DO IT!!!!

PS. I met Pam. She's from Canada and works at the GM plant that makes/made Montes. She said there's a real good chance she helped make my LTZ. How cool is this meeting a person who helped make your car???

Old 04-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

awesome pics RJ !! i wish i could have made it!! i will be there next year for sure
looks like it was lots of fun

Old 04-23-2007, 06:53 PM

[align=center]PS. I met Pam. She's from Canada and works at the GM plant that makes/made Montes. She said there's a real good chance she helped make my LTZ. How cool is this meeting a person who helped make your car???

How cool would it be to be meeting the person who made out with RJ ? [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]RJ,[/align][align=center]Thanks for your post & Pic's. Sounds like it was a lot of fun : )[/align][align=center]Thanks 4 Sharing with the members.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Your Monte looks like it belongs in Victory Circle[/align]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/3F3C1628EAA24BADB35547AE22C6DC56.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Incredible Weekend