Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

If you had a $100K...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default If you had a $100K...

Just to spend on your monte, nothing else just the chevy Monte Carlo you own no other cars that you own beside it. What would you do to it?

I'd keep it as stock looking as possible interior and exterior but ill convert it to RWD with a turbo'd V8 pushing at least 4 digits at the wheels, also convert it to a manual trans and have it bagged for the hell of it. A discreet roll cage would be helpful too. Keep it street able maybe even as a DD with insane of a set up.

Try and think what would you do to make your monte "different"??

Old 09-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Custom paint job with new ground fx, highly modified v8 with a blower sticking out of the hood with side pipe exhaust, obviously convert to rwd as it would definitely need it. New suspension. Wouldn't tub it, as I would want it to be a street ready car, even the motor I wouldn't go tooooooo crazy on as being a DD gas would get expensive after a while, especially considering it is easily over $5 a gallon here on a good day.
New two tone interior scheme (color would depend on what the actual paint job was decided on)

Then I would have to see how much money was left before making too many more decisions

Old 09-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would do a rwd swap as well with a turbo v8 for the speed. I would repaint it red with ground fx that are black. Look for a nice set of black with the silver ring around rims. It would look like what I have now except done much better. It would also be lowered as well.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:01 PM

I would sit down with Chip Foose and make the Monte scream and look outrageous Too.
ZO6 drivetrain, Custom Body mods, One off wheels, and custom clean understated interior !!

Old 09-18-2014, 05:09 PM

Bumpy the bump up

I like all the inputs so far but streetfighter isn't your idea basically hand the car off to chip and letting his imagination run wild not yours? Question is what would "YOU" do to your monte not some experienced automotive designer!!

Ps I can tell you been watching too much over haulin, that shoe is for the dreamers in us but not the for real owners cause any real car owner would only want his dream ride made to suit him/her not someone else's idea of a dream ride.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Bumpy the bump up

I like all the inputs so far but streetfighter isn't your idea basically hand the car off to chip and letting his imagination run wild not yours? Question is what would "YOU" do to your monte not some experienced automotive designer!!

Ps I can tell you been watching too much over haulin, that shoe is for the dreamers in us but not the for real owners cause any real car owner would only want his dream ride made to suit him/her not someone else's idea of a dream ride.

My watching of overhaul just shows me Chip and I are on the same page most of the time. Met him at Autorama in Detroit. Kool Guy.
Im getting on in years so I would take the 100 K and have Chip take MY DREAMS and turn them into a reality. And trust me, I would be there every day to make sure it was done to my taste.
He has the shop and excellent craftsman who would complete the car faster and better than me.
Now, If you raised that number to say 50 Million, I would build my own hotrod shop and putter on all the cool cars and bikes my time left on earth would allow.

Old 09-21-2014, 03:26 PM

You know what I'd do? I'd do two chicks at the same time in my Monte....'cause chicks dig dudes with money. ROFLMAO

P.S. Little Office Space quote there I couldn't resist.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would do a full restoration on the car. Been eyeing a really nice flaked black that I would like the paint the car too.

I would keep it FWD, keep my v6. Get a brand new crate 3800 and build it up, and get my CSC running 100%

Old 09-22-2014, 03:43 PM

I would keep it fwd but would swap it out with a crate engine v8 and a custom turbo. Id also get a new custom paint job exactly how I would like it and get some nice rims along with replacing everything thats tore up in the car.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

I would do the RWD set up and twin turbo the SS