Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

If u hit the lottery tomorrow, what car would u get, under $70k?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 06:31 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: If u hit the lottery tomorrow, what car would u get, under $70k?

my experience with the torino is that the bottom of the fender right behind the wheel rusts out worse than any other part of the car.

pretty much all fastbacks rust around that window, however. i guess chevrolet knew this and never got brave enough to really try it.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:41 PM

A 1972 Corvette Stingray black Coupe and i would then drop an ls9 in it and be happy for the rest of my life.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:44 PM

5 Year Member

ahhh... a Stingray Corvette... those never go out of style

Old 12-27-2008, 12:54 AM

somethin different.. but a sure enough sleeper!!! Probably an 06 chevy 2500hd... A friend of mine has an 04 with the bully dog programmer and its a rocket. he says hes beaten mustang gt's before but i saw an 07 impala ss beat him by length in the quarter so im not really sure.. But for a truck thats pretty cool.

That being said heres what I would do..
Used 06 2500HD (they come stock with a turbo) crew cab
MDRP turboback exhaust
CAI
22inch wheels on 33's with leveling kit
Aftermarket rear end
bully dog programmer with custom dyno tune.

theres alot more you can do with diesels but thats just off the top of my head.
My buddy's only mod is the bully dog programmer and he can lock his in 4WD and spin all 4 on dry pavement!!

Old 12-27-2008, 10:46 AM

Pay off the Monte, not much left anyway. Get a 4th gen put a 572 BBC in it.
Sure there will be plenty moneyleft get aused truck.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:02 AM

5 Year Member

you know it depends on the year of the GT you friend beat... if its one of those 93-98's, they only have about 225 hp!

Old 12-28-2008, 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

you know it depends on the year of the GT you friend beat... if its one of those 93-98's, they only have about 225 hp!
Lol... yeah theres absolutely no tellin with him. but the 07 impala ss i saw with my own eyes. and I know my car has absolutely nothing for him either. i wouldnt own the vehicle unless i had the money for the gas. it seams like everytime i call him.. he's at the gas station. Id be surprised if got anything better than 12mpg!! oh and he draws alot more attention to himself by the cops. he was following me one night to a party down some county road.. we were both running 90 or so in a 55 and we both passed this cop hidden running radar. Well he didnt even feel the need to radar me. only thing I had at the time that stands out were 12k lows and i had my 10k highs on. but my buddy was like 10 lenghts or so behind me and he flipped it on for him. scared the crap out of me bc my radar detector went to its highest level but sure enough he pulled out and pulled him over.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:24 AM

This one:

or this one?

Old 12-29-2008, 03:38 PM

ORIGINAL: alabamamonte

somethin different.. but a sure enough sleeper!!! Probably an 06 chevy 2500hd... A friend of mine has an 04 with the bully dog programmer and its a rocket. he says hes beaten mustang gt's before but i saw an 07 impala ss beat him by length in the quarter so im not really sure.. But for a truck thats pretty cool.

MDRP turboback exhaust
CAI
Aftermarket rear end

My buddy's only mod is the bully dog programmer and he can lock his in 4WD and spin all 4 on dry pavement!!
Diesels around here aren't exactly sleepers due to the fact that most of them are insane. There's a local MegaCab that beat a LS7 Z06 up to 110, from there the 'Vette blew the pickup outta the water.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

ORIGINAL: alabamamonte

MDRP turboback exhaust
CAI
Aftermarket rear end

Diesels around here aren't exactly sleepers due to the fact that most of them are insane. There's a local MegaCab that beat a LS7 Z06 up to 110, from there the 'Vette blew the pickup outta the water.
yeah i know what your saying but to most people, who are just a little ignorant, a big diesel 4 door is for nothing but pulling stuff and they're normally slow. which is mostly true. my car would probably out run 95% of all diesels out there. probably more than that. so depending on your definition of sleeper.. the truck i listed would probably qualify.

Quick Reply: If u hit the lottery tomorrow, what car would u get, under $70k?