Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Idiot Sighting

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default Idiot Sighting

Be Careful Out There:

IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a "large" enough motor on the opener... I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, "Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower." I said that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, "NO, it's not. Four is larger than two."

We haven't used Sears repair since.

From Rochester , MI .

IDIOT SIGHTING:

My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, "you gave me too much money." I said, "Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back." She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter , and said "We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing." The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change.

From Bloomfield Hills , MI .
Do not confuse the clerks at McD.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore."

From Grand Rapids , MI ..

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE :
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only had iceburg lettuce.
From Traverse City , MI .

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?" To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."

Happened in Flint , MI .

IDIOT SIGHTING :
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red.. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!"

She was a probation officer in Pontiac , MI .

IDIOT SIGHTING :
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to "downsizing." Our manager commented cheerfully, "This is fun. We should do this more often." Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare

This was a lunch at Beaumont Hospital , Royal Oak , MI .

IDIOT SIGHTING :
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

A deputy with the Oakland County Sheriffs office, no less.

STAY ALERT!

They walk among us... and the scary part is they REPRODUCE and they VOTE

Old 07-30-2009, 06:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LMAO! That was good! Thanks for sharing! made my day! hahaha

Old 07-30-2009, 07:05 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Becky that was hilarious!

Old 07-30-2009, 07:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Becky, i'm LMAO!!

But the sad part is, that seams to happen all the time.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Funny stuff Becky.

Why are they all from Michigan?

Just kidding.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:53 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Im staying clear of MI....

Old 07-31-2009, 03:04 AM

LoL `Becky, Great funny Thread....LoL We need more threads like this Thanks 4 Sharing

STAY ALERT!

They walk among us... and the scary part is they REPRODUCE and they VOTE and they are Human's.

All I have to do 2 see a idiot is 2 look in2 my mirror ...4-Sure : )

Last edited by Space; 07-31-2009 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Originally Posted by Taz
Funny stuff Becky.
Notice they are all from lower Mich' also. No "Up-er's" there, just us "Trolls" (we live below the bridge.)

Also she says stay alert. We've always said to be alert, cuz the world needs more lerts! (this from a troll!)

We have another name for these people, also. "Michigan Hillbillies". The Hillbillies that migrated to MI for work (?) and cross breeded.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:49 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Originally Posted by Taz
Funny stuff Becky.

Just kidding.
Heck, I don't know, is strange though.
I just copied it from another forum because I thought everyone could use a laugh.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:40 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by RocknSS04

We have another name for these people, also. "Michigan Hillbillies". The Hillbillies that migrated to MI for work (?) and cross breeded.
Wayne, this is funny.

My dad worked for Mopar in Dayton for 30 years. THEY used to have a joke about all the rednecks that migrated to MI to work for the big 3 companies up there.

They also joked about a part of Dayton being called: "Little Kentucky" because all the people from KY that migrated to Dayton for the auto related jobs tended to move to this one neighborhood.

Oh. Not sure why they made fun of rednecks when 99.9% WERE rednecks?

Quick Reply: Idiot Sighting