Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

And I walked away....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Default RE: And I walked away....

whoa... 2.7 *hissing and holds up fingers ina cross* i've seen too many of those distroyed with only 100k mi on the clock

Old 12-23-2007, 12:45 PM

Hi Cort,
I think you were wise to walk away.
I would've run away
It's not a `Hemi
I bet they call you back before the end of the year when
they try to reduce their inventory before the new year.
I hope you resist..., but if it were a SRT 8 ChargerMaybe ?
Happy Holidays `Cort, and thanks for sharing all
your knowledge/experiences with the forum.
`Space

Old 12-23-2007, 01:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Agreed on a good move from walking away from the NON hemi charger. Pay the extra bucks and get the car you WANT. When a sweet deal comes along, that makes it even better .
There are enough 0% deals out there that maybe that's what you need. The Solstice GXP I just bought my wife is a loaded '07, $5000 off sticker, and 0% financing. That's the kind of deal that work for me. My Intimidator SS was even better, as an Ebay car, but I have to pay interest on that financing, and it was used, altho not much.
If you are serious about a new vehicle, have patience! Wait a minute, I've always said Dr's have patience, I'm a moldmaker! The right deal will come along. Use this internet thing to do searching. Cars.com seems to be the main source of new cars right now. And if you're paying over invoice, you're paying too much.
Look at the '07's for the BEST deals. The in service date startes when the car rolls off the showroom floor. That's important.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:42 PM

Cort, you should get an 07 Monte Carlo SS. I can't really picture you driving anything else but a Monte Carlo.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with the others. Walking away was the right thing. I think the 2.7 engine woulddisappoint mein the power department. If it was a small car with a 2.7, yeah lots of power. But the Charger is a full size car, and not the most aerodynamic. 2.7 litre engine wouldn't cut it for me. But that's just me. I didn't test drive it, I'm guessing you did though.

Like Wayne said, wait and get the car you really want. I can't even count the number of cars I almost "settled" for. Glad I didn't, because I always ended up with something better.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Cort.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:12 PM

ya did good Kid ! LMAO

besides you have a camino to work on and a monte. and come on now how can you let the vett go? co or chevet either way still a Vett.

And they are hard to come by anymore now that everyone knows they were POS's back in thier day but i can almost bet they will have a cult following someday . look at the Vega LOL

Old 12-24-2007, 07:14 AM

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Good thinking. If you're paying, get what you want. Don't settle for less and regret it for years to come.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

At $350 a Month, you are basically financing $18260 after tax, title, license at 5.5% or $16,000 selling price. If the car has 17,000 miles on it, make them put a extended warranty on so the it is covered to 53,000-miles (on your odometer). That would be more than fair -- for you!

Quick Reply: And I walked away....