Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I-Pods Who has them?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I-Pods Who has them?

hey all jus tgot this thing from teh wife as a gift for a B-day up and comming. it was also a hint to get off my tail and start taking photos agian more offten.

Bu ti have tried like three times to get this thing to down load the songs etc.. that i wanted it to and all i get is the wheel to click on the menue but there is nothing there.
i cant ge tit to play any of the photos etc. or even a song at this point would be nice.
you would think fo rthe 3?? somthing they charge for it they would give more destructions then they do for it. .

So any help would be nice.
I have downloaded the I-tunes crap so i know i have it on the puter now.
so let me know if ya can help on this thing. Man im getting old i cant even figure out a damed MP3 player LOL
this is the one i got but it is not the 05 edition it is the 06-07 (current one out)

[IMG]local://upfiles/265/E54576AD50784771B3A907FC3227F9CE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-02-2007, 01:58 AM
Default RE: I-Pods Who has them?

Yeah...you're supposed to download your music to i-Tunes, then use i-Tunes to transfer the files to your i-Pod. i-Pod must be plugged into your computer before you try to download music to it from i-Tunes.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:57 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

I finaly figured it out late last night.
I HATE I TUNES CRAP!!!!
i think if i had a choice of this and somethign that didnt have to have thier software it woudl be the other.

i love the unit it's se;f looks nice. (she got me blk.)
and also it seems rather simpel to attempt to use.
but my lorad that I tunes SUX!!

I use media monkey and it will do it also but at first it over rode that setting i found it again

now i just have to figure out the whole photos thing. if i cna get it to run with out I crap all togeather i will delete those @#%@#!% files in a hurry.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:57 AM

Yeah I just got a Nano for christmas, you have to make sure it's the newest version of Itunes, then hook up the Ipod and open Itunes. You have to go through a set up process through the program to allow the computer to recognise what it is you're hooking up, (the Ipod)then once that's done you can import song files off your computer into Itunes, and then syncronize your ipod with the program. I'm not a fan of Apple software, it's not very user friendly at all. And also you can turn off that clicking when you scroll if you want, it's an option in the settings menu.

Old 02-02-2007, 05:03 AM

Yes, I feel you, Itunes really is a terrible program. Just wait until you have too many song files on Itunes to sync to your Ipod, and you have to start sorting through them. Because the program doesn't tell you if you've deselcted enough for the songs to fit on, so you have to keep guessing and checking. I had to do this with 430 songs. It sucked bad. So yeah anyway, if you want pictures on it, go into the program, hook up the Ipod, on the left menu where it shows your Ipod hooked up, click on it, then go to the "Pictures" tab in the Ipod screen. You have to make a separate folder in your files to hold your ipod pictures, then specify that folder to the program, and make sure you check the "sync pictures" box at the top of that tab. Then go up to file, and go down to "sync Ipod". It's very labour intensive. And also, my sig block isn't working, I must be doing something wrong :P, can you figure out what it is?

Old 02-02-2007, 05:06 AM

I HATE I TUNES CRAP!!!!
i think if i had a choice of this and somethign that didnt have to have thier software it woudl be the other.

i love the unit it's se;f looks nice. (she got me blk.)
and also it seems rather simpel to attempt to use.
but my lorad that I tunes SUX!!
YUP!! That is exactly why I am the most anti-i-Pod person you will ever meet. I despise any and all devices that require the use of proprietary file formats and software. I only deal with stuff that I can run my way. Not only that, but I hate anything that gets as popular as that to where everyone has one. Can't we be original anymore? OK...stepping off the soapbox now.

Old 02-02-2007, 05:11 AM

Don't worry, I'm not talking more, just testing my sig block

Old 02-02-2007, 05:12 AM

DAMN!

Old 02-02-2007, 05:15 AM

Hold on, i think I figured it out

Old 02-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

hey by the way your sig. block is workign now. LOL

big J belive me i had not intention of getting one for my self she did this all on her own.
I was actually looking at the zue. it si a bit mor euser frendly and dose the same thing so i had storage for my photos etc...

But as far as need ot deal with I tunes i think i have it figured out.
1. download and set up Media monkey. (the best i have seen for MP3 files in the puter world today ) tommarow tha twill cahnge LOL
you cna get it to sync with the I pod. for the files you want in the mp3 format.
as far as the photos go.
you have to use Ipod (atleast i havent found another way yet)
but then you just shut everythign off in I-crap and only have it sync the photo files.

thsi works and dont take up near the space etc...
and seems to do agood job.

thing that gets me is your suposed to beabel to hook it in as if it was a extra drive. there for eyou should in theroy beabel to drag and drop the photos to it. but i havne tfigured this out yet. When i do i will le tya know

Quick Reply: I-Pods Who has them?