Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I-Phone 4S issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:07 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Id stay away from the iPhone like the plague aswell & just get a Android phone

Old 02-15-2012, 03:17 PM

but but Siri... I must have her. It's either that or a BB Bold, my work only gives us 2 options and an android device is not one sadly. This is the first year they are letting us get anything besides a blackberry so I am just thankful for that.

Did anyone see that episode of Big Bang Theory where Raj was dating Siri? So funny...

Old 02-15-2012, 03:21 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I could live without Siri nvr liked it when i had it & man they dont give u good phone options lol & that episode was pretty funny

Old 02-15-2012, 03:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If it's on the company dime i'd give it a shot and yes that episode of Big bang was funny.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:35 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

You can't rip on Apple about their computers - I love them and never had a problem with them. I myself would never buy an iphone or an ipod touch. I would never buy a phone that I can't replace the battery on therefor I'm not buying a Droid Razor either. I have the Droid X that I had for a year and I love it and haven't had any problems with it or Verizon.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
You can't rip on Apple about their computers
You most certainly can. Their COMPUTERS are pretty underpowered for the price you pay. It's the software that is on them that is pretty decent

I have been thinking about creating a hackintosh for my next laptop, so I can have a mac with some serious power without shelling out over $1500

Old 02-15-2012, 05:17 PM

I have been hearing about Apple products for over ten years now. I have never heard anything bad about them with the exception of the cost and not everything is apple compatable. I don't mind paying extra for quality.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:20 PM

I got my new iPhone in the mail today. I am going to take it to the apple store on Monday and get them to transfer everything from my old phone to the new.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

The problem is the quality is not there for the price you pay. As mentioned they are underpowered and most models are not expandable. IMO it is an intentional act on Apple's part. That's how they make their money. Rather than upgrading/updating the current computer/notepad/phone you have to purchase a new model. If you read any of the tech mags you'll see that people have been saying 'bad' things about Apple for years. The reason you don't see/hear about it in the media is because it gets shadowed by the 'bad' things about Microsoft and PCs. If Apple were #1 you would see/hear a lot more 'bad' about them on a daily basis. The only thing Apple computers had going for them over a PC was graphics capability, but that isn't the case anymore. Steve Jobs was one heck of a salesman and motivator, but he was also a thief when it comes to the products Apple introduced to the marketplace. He stole ideas from his workers and other companies then took all the credit. With business practices like that I will never own an Apple product.

BTW Gregg, The iPhone has had several documented problems since it was introduced to the market. Display issues, reception issues, camera issues, battery issues, etc. Rather than Apple addressing the problems and fixing them it was easier to blame the problems on operator error. How's that for customer service?

Old 02-16-2012, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
The problem is the quality is not there for the price you pay. As mentioned they are underpowered and most models are not expandable. IMO it is an intentional act on Apple's part. That's how they make their money. Rather than upgrading/updating the current computer/notepad/phone you have to purchase a new model. If you read any of the tech mags you'll see that people have been saying 'bad' things about Apple for years. The reason you don't see/hear about it in the media is because it gets shadowed by the 'bad' things about Microsoft and PCs. If Apple were #1 you would see/hear a lot more 'bad' about them on a daily basis. The only thing Apple computers had going for them over a PC was graphics capability, but that isn't the case anymore. Steve Jobs was one heck of a salesman and motivator, but he was also a thief when it comes to the products Apple introduced to the marketplace. He stole ideas from his workers and other companies then took all the credit. With business practices like that I will never own an Apple product.

BTW Gregg, The iPhone has had several documented problems since it was introduced to the market. Display issues, reception issues, camera issues, battery issues, etc. Rather than Apple addressing the problems and fixing them it was easier to blame the problems on operator error. How's that for customer service?
Mike the service you describe sucks for sure. with what you said about Steve Jobs stealing from his employees it unfortunately isn't anything new. It seems to be a common business practice and it is sad.

Quick Reply: I-Phone 4S issues